Friday May 2nd

Dan Diez

Okay so I will be going to see a friend in cincy and am going to go to Kings Island that friday night with my girlfriend. We will probably get there by 5 and want to get a few things done we actually have a list of nine things that we want to do. I would like to know what you guys think the best strategy will be for that night and what the crowds and waits should be like. We have never been on son of The Beast, Firehawk and top gun and would like to know the waits and how good they are as they are musts. Two other musts are The Beast and racer which were my favorites last time that I went. I would also like to try and squeeze in thr Drop Tower, stunt track, Flight of Fear and vertigo. So my three questions that you guys can help me with are

1. Will it be busy and what type of waits should I expect on Friday May 2nd.

2. What are your opinions of Firehawk son of The Beast and top gun as I have never been on them and what waits should I expect?

3. So I am going to be there that friday night from 5-10 pm can you give me a good startegy to get those five main attractions done with beast and Son of Beast riding in the front row and possibily having time for the other four rides that i mentioned?

Thanks everyone and I look forward to your responses.

Welcome to KIC first of all!

1. It probably won't be as packed as a weekend but seeing as it's late on a Friday I would guess more people would be there as compared to a normal weekday. You probably won't have to wait more than 45 minutes, really that's just for Firehawk. The rest you would probably have a maximum of 20 minutes to wait.

2. Firehawk is a must and is definitely worth the wait. Son of Beast is a pretty sweet ride as well. It will probably have a half hour wait. If you do only two things make it them. Top Gun (Flight Deck) is fun but definitely not a must. However, there is hardly a wait for it, so just go for it. Try to get the very front as it's the best seat.

3. I think you'll have more than enough time to make it to all the rides you want. Beast doesn't really pull gigantic lines, you'll probably end up waiting 20 minutes max. I would say hit The Beast last as the darker it gets outside, the more you'll enjoy your ride.

After The Beast go to X-Base and hit FoF and Firehawk. After that head for all the Action Zone rides such as SOB, Invertigo, Drop Tower, and Flight Deck.

And don't forget to end your day with a nice blueberry ice cream.

Have fun!!

According to the calendar on the King Island website that is going to be a Math & Science day. I went to two of those in grade school and the place was PACKED. And that was like a Thursday when it was strictly M&S access. If it's going to be the M&S crowd added onto the general public, it might be pretty crowded.

Sorry to be raining on the parade, but I was looking at the dates on the calendar and noticed this. I could be completely wrong about the crowd though!

Well, keep in mid that most of these school groups have to leave the park mid afternoon. While the park may be extremely busy from open until 2 or 3 in the afternoon, it should lighten up a little as some of these school groups leave. Keep in mind that the park is open until 10pm all Fridays in May. Also, keep in mind that because it is still a school day, staffing will certainly be an issue, and not all rides and attractions will be open.

I suggest riding Firehawk when you get there and then Flight of Fear as they are side by side. Then take a trip over to Action Zone to ride Invertigo, Drop Tower, and Son of Beast (Musts) ands then if it has a little wait ride Flight Deck. Then make you way back to Coney Mall to ride The Racers because it is the first year they are both running forward in quite some time. After that i suggest riding Vortex because it is one heck of a ride experience. Then go ride Crypt and of course finish your day with the best i repeat the best coaster in the world, the one and only Beast.

I guess I may cancel my plans for that day. Wouldn't it be nice if they had at least 1 weekday during the school year when there aren't alot of kids there where the adult pass holders could enjoy, at least Cedar Point has a few days in September where this is the case.

The thing is I will be getting there around 4 or 5 all of the kids will be gone. In addition I emailed Kings Island and they said that all of the major rides will be operational that day with some opening up around mid-day since they expect by evening time to have a packed theme park so it wants to have all of its big rides up and operational

Welcome to KIC first of all!

1. It probably won't be as packed as a weekend but seeing as it's late on a Friday I would guess more people would be there as compared to a normal weekday. You probably won't have to wait more than 45 minutes, really that's just for Firehawk. The rest you would probably have a maximum of 20 minutes to wait.

2. Firehawk is a must and is definitely worth the wait. Son of Beast is a pretty sweet ride as well. It will probably have a half hour wait. If you do only two things make it them. Top Gun (Flight Deck) is fun but definitely not a must. However, there is hardly a wait for it, so just go for it. Try to get the very front as it's the best seat.

3. I think you'll have more than enough time to make it to all the rides you want. Beast doesn't really pull gigantic lines, you'll probably end up waiting 20 minutes max. I would say hit The Beast last as the darker it gets outside, the more you'll enjoy your ride.

After The Beast go to X-Base and hit FoF and Firehawk. After that head for all the Action Zone rides such as SOB, Invertigo, Drop Tower, and Flight Deck.

And don't forget to end your day with a nice blueberry ice cream.

Have fun!!

couldnt say it any better lol

With all due respect, NO ONE, including the park itself, can predict crowd size with anything near reasonable certainty, much less line estimates, this Friday night after Math and Science Day. Much depends on weather (the current forecast, which can only be called long term--is for a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms), what else is going on in the metro Cinci area that night, and, most importantly, the individual decisions of thousands and thousands of people--from whether or not to go the park to what to do when they get there, to how long to stay.

My suggestion? Don't be so worried. Either go, or don't. And enjoy, either way.

need more feedback on time estimates and a strategy please

Look at the park map and figure out what you want to do.

This isn't the Super Bowl...don't take it too seriously. Just work your way around the park and queue up if the line is moving fast or looks short.

The Friday evening forecast is looking more foreboding:

Friday Night for Warren County, Ohio:

Cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then showers and thunderstorms likely after midnight. Lows in the upper 50s. South winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

--National Weather Service, Wilmington, Ohio