Robbie Knievel to Follow In His Father's Footsteps At Kings Island! Season Passes, Military Discount and More!

Thirty-three years ago, on October 25, 1975, Evel Knievel made history when he successfully jumped over 14 Greyhound buses at Kings Island. The jump was the last big jump of the legendary stuntman’s career, and one of his most notable. In fact, the jump at Kings Island set a new audience viewing record for ABC’s Wide World of Sports, with a 22.3 rating and 52 percent share – a record that still stands today.

Motorcycle daredevil ‘Kaptain’ Robbie Knievel, the son of Evel Knievel, will attempt to surpass his father’s famous jump with a death-defying, spectacular jump over 24 Coke Zero trucks May 24, 2008 at 7:00 p.m. at Kings Island. The jump at Kings Island is expected to be the last big jump of Knievel’s 37-year daredevil riding career.

“This jump will forever link Kings Island and the Knievel family,” said Greg Scheid, Kings Island’s vice president and general manager. “This special event reflects our commitment to providing our guests with one-of-a-kind thrills with fantastic family entertainment. What a way for our park to jump into the 2008 season!”

The event will be included free with park admission or season pass.

Knievel has completed more than 250 jumps in his career. The ‘Kaptain’ is best known for his live television performances including the Building-to-Building Jump in Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon Jump, and has thrilled millions of fans around the world. During the summer of 2005, he had his own television show on A&E called Knievel’s Wild Ride. In 2006, he opened a new business called Knievel’s Custom Cycles, based in Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey. In 2007, he was inducted into the Motorcycle Hall of Fame in Sturgis, South Dakota.

Kings Island is proud to salute our active members of the military with a new military discount program! Active members of the US military can receive up to six tickets at a special reduced rate at Kings Island's front gate when presenting an active military photo ID. Check out VisitKingsIsland.com for details!

Do you want the latest information sent directly to your cell phone? Sign up for KICentral's official mobile club and receive text alerts with the latest news and information about Kings Island! Signing up is fast and free! Click here for more information about KICentral's official mobile club!

You still don't have your 2008 Kings Island season pass? What are you waiting for! Purchase a 2008 season pass and get an entire summer of fun for one low price. If that's not enough, you can upgrade to a Gold Season Pass and get an exclusive parking area, special meal deals, double rides on some of your favorite attractions and much more. Still not enough? Purchase a Platinum Pass and get FREE admission and FREE parking to all Cedar Fair parks, such as Kings Island, Cedar Point, Geauga Lake's Wildwater Kingdom, Knott's Berry Farm and more! Click here for more information and to purchase a Kings Island, Kings Island Gold, or Cedar Fair Platinum Season Pass!

Is a season pass not right for you? Avoid the long lines and pay only a fraction of the regular gate admission buy purchasing your single day admission tickets on the park's official web site, VisitKingsIsland.com. Remember these deals are ONLY available through the web site, so purchase online and print at home for the best value and fastest way to experience Kings Island!

Are you an avid Kings Island fan or do you casually visit once a year? It doesn't matter! KICentral.com is the site for you. Why not register on the forums of KICentral and tell us about your thoughts and experiences involving Kings Island! Registration is fast, FREE, and easy. Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors and information about Kings Island amusement park!

Regards,

Ryan

This is awesome! I remember as a 6-year-old kid, watching the original jump on tv at my friend's house in Michigan. I kept bragging about how KI was just up the street from my grandma's, and he was like, "So?" This is going to be cool.

[EDIT] Quoting Captain Picard:"There you have it, they are building a ramp for the jump."

:lol: LMAO you beat me to it!

Hmmm, just wondering about the logic behind this move.

This could be a really good move for the park if the jump goes well.

If something goes wrong, this could be a move that the park & Coke Zero would regret for years.

Oh, don't be a fool. It's on TV. You know he'll be fine. :rolleyes:

If something goes wrong, this could be a move that the park & Coke Zero would regret for years.

Oh, don't be a fool. It's on TV. You know he'll be fine. :rolleyes:

And if he's not, there will be video of it shown everywhere.

You are so right, all those other potential guests wanting to jump over Coke trucks in the parking lot would be scared off and the park could lose millions. I smell doom on the horizon.

You better believe I am driving 2.5 hours back for this, this is going to be one awesome event!

The sad thing is that the mere prospect that something might possibly go horribly wrong is the draw for many if not most of the people who will go. Just like how in the old days the presence of the nurse in the station was a major drawing factor for many folk contemplating riding Harry Traver's Cyclone at Crystal Beach.

Can something go wrong? Sure. See, for instance, what happened in Lexington, Kentucky during the filming of the movie Steel (A.J. Bakunas died performing a stunt fall from the Kincaid Building. He performed the stunt perfectly, but the airbag he made his landing on split. Instead of bouncing off said cushion, the stuntman crashed through it and died, in the presence of many, many extras and the film's stars...the scene was used anyway...and the movie itself later flopped).

The sad thing is that the mere prospect that something might possibly go horribly wrong is the draw for many if not most of the people who will go. Just like how in the old days the presence of the nurse in the station was a major drawing factor for many folk contemplating riding Harry Traver's Cyclone at Crystal Beach.

Can something go wrong? Sure. See, for instance, what happened in Lexington, Kentucky during the filming of the movie Steel (A.J. Bakunas died performing a stunt fall from the Kincaid Building. He performed the stunt perfectly, but the airbag he made his landing on split. Instead of bouncing off said cushion, the stuntman crashed through it and died, in the presence of many, many extras and the film's stars...the scene was used anyway...and the movie itself later flopped).

And can you imagine if something goes wrong here?

A stunt man dies in front of thousands of people?

Crashes into a Coke Zero bus?

Man, as I've said, this could be very good - or very, very bad.

Sure is a gamble for the park to take. Not sure it's a gamble that you'd see many theme parks interested in taking.

Guest kwindshawne

Life is all about taking risks. There's always the chance something can go wrong, but like Interpreter said that is part of the draw. I remember watching a show about Robbie once and he was trying to jump somewhere out west where Evel never could get the permit to jump. Somehow he got it cleared, and the site was on an indian reservation. Before the jump, the tribes' spiritual guide blessed him and prayed for his safety during the jump. It ended up having to be rescheduled but if I recall, he was successful. Point being, life is a gift; one that should be appreciated, and it seems to me the tribe understood that. Seems that Robbie and Evel both believed that and live life to the fullest. I for one admire both of them for having the moxy to do it. Maybe that's what its all about??

Life is all about taking risks. There's always the chance something can go wrong, but like Interpreter said that is part of the draw. I remember watching a show about Robbie once and he was trying to jump somewhere out west where Evel never could get the permit to jump. Somehow he got it cleared, and the site was on an indian reservation. Before the jump, the tribes' spiritual guide blessed him and prayed for his safety during the jump. It ended up having to be rescheduled but if I recall, he was successful. Point being, life is a gift; one that should be appreciated, and it seems to me the tribe understood that. Seems that Robbie and Evel both believed that and live life to the fullest. I for one admire both of them for having the moxy to do it. Maybe that's what its all about??

Business is about controlled risk.

The illusion of danger and risk opposed to what would be considered true risk.

We will see. I certainly hope that everything goes well.

But if things go badly, the park and even Coke should be prepared for the reprecusions.

Guest kwindshawne

Business is about controlled risk.

The illusion of danger and risk opposed to what would be considered true risk.

We will see. I certainly hope that everything goes well.

But if things go badly, the park and even Coke should be prepared for the reprecusions.

I hope all is well too. It's something I definitely dont want to miss though. I am sure all parties involved understand the risk involved, but for me if everyone stops taking chances due to the possible risk, that makes life pretty boring. Remember the 70's? We all did a lot of crazy things most people would never do now. (My father and sister jumping snowmobiles over snow drifts) For one night at least, it can be the way it was before society decided what was best for us.