If you only had 5

Dan Diez

Flight of Fear (indoors and looping LIM), The Beast (longest wooden coaster in the world), The Racer (Red, Blue, or both), Flight Deck (flying coaster), and Vortex are my favorite 5 coasters at KI.

I didnt know Flight Deck was a flying coaster? I could have sworn is an Arrow Suspended.

yeah it is a suspended, Firehawk is flying

In case you couldn't tell masonguy21, Jasper was being sarcastic.

For Thrills:

Beast (back)

Firehawk

Vortex (back)

FoF

SoB (back)

For Fun:

Beast (front)

Vortex (front)

Flight Deck (front)

AE

Racer

For Me:

Beast (back)

Racer (back)

Vortex (back)

FoF (back)

Firehawk (front)

(AE in close 6th)

As I have posted here many times before, the ride had flip down bars, soft cushioning, no headrests, no seat dividers, manually operated big old brake levers and the you entered the station from the outer side (not the middle as it is now), rode, then exited from the interior near the center of the station. At the time, Racer was my favorite wooden coaster ever (then again, the only other wooden coasters I had ridden at that point in my life were Shooting Star at Coney Island, and the Big Dipper and Lil Dipper at Camden Park.) Racer had a STUNNING amount of air time, most of which has long since exited the ride.

If memory serves, and I am getting older than I really like to admit, you could NOT wait for a particular seat. The lines were quite long...I waited many times in FULL queue houses to ride Racer. You must also remember there really weren't a lot of major rides at Kings Island in the early days. Racer was THE premier attraction.

As I have posted here many times before, the ride had flip down bars, soft cushioning, no headrests, no seat dividers, manually operated big old brake levers and the you entered the station from the outer side (not the middle as it is now), rode, then exited from the interior near the center of the station. At the time, Racer was my favorite wooden coaster ever (then again, the only other wooden coasters I had ridden at that point in my life were Shooting Star at Coney Island, and the Big Dipper and Lil Dipper at Camden Park.) Racer had a STUNNING amount of air time, most of which has long since exited the ride.

If memory serves, and I am getting older than I really like to admit, you could NOT wait for a particular seat. The lines were quite long...I waited many times in FULL queue houses to ride Racer. You must also remember there really weren't a lot of major rides at Kings Island in the early days. Racer was THE premier attraction.

I remember that too, except for the entrances and exits being reversed, which I don't remember. I was only 3 when the park opened, but I do remember wishing I was tall enough to ride it, so my memory is pretty good, I guess. I probably rode it for the first time in about 1974 or 75 when I was (FINALLY) tall enough. It was on what is the blue side now and I was scared to death!!! I quickly got over that though.... And you mention the airtime.... I remember floating so far out of the seat that when you got to the bottom of the hills, that bar would hit you on the top of the thighs and knock you back into the seat. (If all of the younger folks who grew up in the seatbelt era can actually imagine that) I had visible bruises across my thighs more than once on days after visiting the park. That, unfortunately, is impossible now....

The Beast

Firehawk

Son of Beast

Delirium

Flight of Fear

If I were you I would ride them in the order of Son of Beast, Delirium, Flight of Fear, Firehawk, and a night ride on The Beast!

Delirium is a coaster???

He asked for the five must ride coasters. They are, in order, for me, given the park's reputation, popularity, and the ride's qualities:

1. Beast

2. Adventure Express

3. Firehawk

4. Vortex

5. Flight of Fear

Under NO circumstances would I miss Adventure Express, which I consider to be tied for second best mine ride train in the country. (First, for me, would be Road Runner Express at Six Flags Fiesta Texas...second is a tie between Adventure Express at Kings Island and Runaway Train at Six Flags Great Adventure).

YES!!!I AGREE WITH YOU!!! Road Runner express is awesome lol

as far as roller coasters go,

Stunt Track

Flight Deck

Adventure Express

Flight of Fear

and if you want, Runaway Reptar. yes i know its a kiddie rollercoaster but its pretty good believe it or not.

as far as all rides go though,

the crypt

stunt track

flight deck

white water canyon

Flight of Fear

all of these you can ride in any order. but if you ride Adventure Express, its best at night