SF Fiesta Texas: T-Shirt Incident Causes Havoc

i have at times been totally shocked by the dress of some inside KI. while i would never allow my children out of the house with some of the shirts i have seen, it is a freedom of speech issue. my thought is, where were their parents when they bought or wore the shirt out of the house. unfortunately, we are raising a culture that takes their freedoms too far without concern for others. just because you have the "right" to do something doesn't make it right. more appalling is the number of adults you see wearing the same type of dress.

that wouldnt suprise me at the least. i go down to sfft every other year while seeing family and some ppl are strict but others just let anything go inside..and looking at what some shirts i have seen..like one this morn that a girl was wearing said i showed my @ss for this shirt. and had the place where she did it displayed in huge letters. uhhh PROBLEM RIGHT THERE ISNT THERE?? i guess it all depends on who lets you in or not

This is not a freedom of speech issue.

This is an issue that an owner of a private property chose to police what was being worn on his property.

I really don't see the issue here.

Yep. You are purchasing a license to use the parks property. They have every right to set the conditions of the licenses they grant. They can refuse admission to anyone as long as it isn't based on race, gender, religion, etc. So, I would tell the writer of that column, "Change your shirt and quit your whining!!!!!!"

Great points Woofer and Beetle. People don't read the fine print enough anymore. I love when people get offended by authority figures telling them that offensive behavior (clothing, actions etc) is not permitted. I guarantee if that guy wore that shirt into that park, someone would have found it offensive. And ultimately it is the park's discretion. Kudos to Six Flags....

that wouldnt suprise me at the least. i go down to sfft every other year while seeing family and some ppl are strict but others just let anything go inside..and looking at what some shirts i have seen..like one this morn that a girl was wearing said i showed my @ss for this shirt. and had the place where she did it displayed in huge letters. uhhh PROBLEM RIGHT THERE ISNT THERE?? i guess it all depends on who lets you in or not

Six Flags has a new family friendly policy. Rules are being strictly enforced, too. On the first day that Six Flags Great Adventure was open this year, many, many people were ejected from the park without refund, most of them for smoking outside the designated areas.

Guest kwindshawne

While on the subject of dress it wouldn't hurt my feelings any if those low rider pants were illegal. The last thing I want to see is someones butt crack while they are holding them up from the front. That, to me, is an obscene gesture. If some of those kids really knew what that stood for, they would straighten up immediately.

It is humorous that the writer expects those at the front gates to catch every questionable t-shirt. I am willing to bet that most of those people either had another shirt or jacket over the questionable shirt when entering the park.

While the writer also believes that he was being made a showpiece to "every park employee", I give credit to the girl that questioned his shirt to begin with. Instead of being the only one that made the call to not allow the shirt in, she brought in other people's opinions. Good move on her part. That way she cannot get singled out for making the call for not allowing the shirt in the park, or having a grudge against an unruley guest, and she also cannot be accused for having poor customer service.

went to the park sunday. had a great time with the kids, anyway my swon got a little too excited and fell resulting in a nose bleed. by the time we made it to first aid we both had blood on both of our shirts. the paremedics treated him and gave us both new shirts. (awsome) didn'tnotice till later that they both said paramount parks on them. but very happy to see they werent going to let us walk around w/ blood on our shirts.

went to the park sunday. had a great time with the kids, anyway my swon got a little too excited and fell resulting in a nose bleed. by the time we made it to first aid we both had blood on both of our shirts. the paremedics treated him and gave us both new shirts. (awsome) didn'tnotice till later that they both said paramount parks on them. but very happy to see they werent going to let us walk around w/ blood on our shirts.

Wow. Wouldn't expect that. Good job KI. Funny though about the paramount shirts. I guess they can't get rid of them fast enough, eh?