Do you like getting stuck on a ride?

NICKTOON 47

^ Well getting stuck on a ride, is a heck of alot more fun than not being able to ride the ride at all because of rain!

How is there a difference between the two?

In either case, the ride is not operating, and you cannot do a thing about it.

because you are ON the ride, and chances are the ride will start moving again in about 5 minutes. They never said "do you like getiing stuck on a ride for 5 hours" lol. Plus I just think getting stuck on a ride is fun, it adds anticipation to the ride.

because you are ON the ride, and chances are the ride will start moving again in about 5 minutes. They never said "do you like getiing stuck on a ride for 5 hours" lol. Plus I just think getting stuck on a ride is fun, it adds anticipation to the ride.

Just like you have the chance that the rain will stop in 5 minutes? Again, there is no difference between the two.

And you are right, nobody (except you) mentioned about getting stuck on a ride for 5 hours. lol

What I was saying was, I see your point it wouldn't be fun being on a ride stuck, having to go to the bathroom, a screaming girl, etc if you were on for a long period. However I was just saying, I like being stuck on a ride as long as it's between 5-10mins. Anything longer would get boring, FAST!

What? Rollbacks ARE not a problem or malfunction, and do occasionally happen on both Kingda Ka and Top Thrill Dragster, even though this writer, who has ridden both many, many times has never got to experience a rollback. I have never heard of Cedar Point giving any guest who experienced a rollback anything other than a relaunch.

the ride was done for, it was the first day that it opened to the public and i was on the 3rd or 4th train and after the rollback, the ride went down for a couple days and we were waiting in the station for about 4 or 5 hrs and they said that the ride was a no go and that they were really sorry, so they give us the passes because they told us to wait and see if it could be fixed and after 3hrs in line and on the platform for another 5hr or so there goes are day at CP and that is why they gave us the passes due to the fact that we wasted the whole darn day at TTD,

No. Getting stuck on a ride freaks me out because I have a fear of heights. I don't like going on The Beast, as fun as it may be, because when you go up the lift hill, all of a sudden, it'll thrust you back and up, and that freaks the s**t out of me.

I've gotten stuck on AE a few times in the dark towards the end of the ride, where you are going up and see the men with drums and glowing eyes, and when you get stuck, they turn the lights off but leave the sound on.

My worst fear is getting stuck on Drop Tower at the top, which is why I never go on that ride anymore. I was at an Aly & AJ concert at Timberwolf when the park power went out and all the rides were stuck for about 15-20 minutes, invertago was stuck upside down.

the ride was done for, it was the first day that it opened to the public and i was on the 3rd or 4th train and after the rollback, the ride went down for a couple days and we were waiting in the station for about 4 or 5 hrs and they said that the ride was a no go and that they were really sorry, so they give us the passes because they told us to wait and see if it could be fixed and after 3hrs in line and on the platform for another 5hr or so there goes are day at CP and that is why they gave us the passes due to the fact that we wasted the whole darn day at TTD,

The most CP ever gave out due to TTD's issues were front of the line passes for another ride. And those who did receive them should be considered lucky because CP was quite clear that they never knew how long the downtime would be and you should enjoy another ride. And if the downtime was going to be extended, they cleared out the queue.

They never gave out passes for a free night in any hotel, especially during the first weekends TTD was open due to the hotels being sold out.

No. Getting stuck on a ride freaks me out because I have a fear of heights. I don't like going on The Beast, as fun as it may be, because when you go up the lift hill, all of a sudden, it'll thrust you back and up, and that freaks the s**t out of me.

I've gotten stuck on AE a few times in the dark towards the end of the ride, where you are going up and see the men with drums and glowing eyes, and when you get stuck, they turn the lights off but leave the sound on.

My worst fear is getting stuck on Drop Tower at the top, which is why I never go on that ride anymore. I was at an Aly & AJ concert at Timberwolf when the park power went out and all the rides were stuck for about 15-20 minutes, invertago was stuck upside down.

How would the power being off cause Invertigo to be stuck upside down? The lifts run on electricity, but the rest of the coaster doesn't....

I got stuck about 3/4's of the way up the 2nd Beast Lift Hill. I didn't freak out until 2 maintenance guys walked up the hill and said we might have to walk down. The though of doing that nearly cause me to change my shorts. Walking down that catwalk right on the edge of oblivion was a little much for me. Fortunately, we didn't have to walk it and the ride continued. It never stopped me from riding again but still the thought of walking the catwalk down still creeps me out.

While it's not necessarily a frightening experience for me, as it happened Saturday on Adventure Express, I'd prefer that it not happen.

For one, what if there's severe weather in the area when this is happening? What if I need to use the bathroom? Or better yet, I'd like to simply do something else?!

i think i was on that ride too lol...yea it sucked..i was just thinking right before i read ur comment..unless your on AE and its at the very end on that lift hill. it has only happened to me once, and concerning the person who keeps getting stuck on the rides, tell me when you are going to the park and what rides at what time you are going to ride them so i can stay clear of them lol jk. sry just had to add that in there.

While it's not necessarily a frightening experience for me, as it happened Saturday on Adventure Express, I'd prefer that it not happen.

For one, what if there's severe weather in the area when this is happening? What if I need to use the bathroom? Or better yet, I'd like to simply do something else?!

I was on the ride that same day, and got stuck in the tunnel too!

Well, it IS possible (it happened on Demon at Six Flags Great America on Saturday, April 18, 1998---leaving 23 riders stranded and upside down), but only if there is a very serious malfunction, such as an axle derailing...and it would make national news...

Youre right. I never thought of that. I was thinking of the power failure scenario........

What? Rollbacks ARE not a problem or malfunction, and do occasionally happen on both Kingda Ka and Top Thrill Dragster, even though this writer, who has ridden both many, many times has never got to experience a rollback. I have never heard of Cedar Point giving any guest who experienced a rollback anything other than a relaunch.

Wow, according to you, that is (not counting your first wait in line on TTD) a 12 hour day at Cedar Point. Was Cedar Point really open that long on the first day TTD ran?

Getting stuck on some rides would be cool, like Drop Tower , and TTD at the top, although im sure equally as frightening. But, I wouldn;t want to waste my time being stuck on less exciting rides, which seems to happen more so than getting stuck on anything worth getting stuck on.

I got stuck on the son of The Beast. At the about 3/4 of the way up. From the back car. I was in the back of the car. My friend that i had talked into riding the ride was screaming. Then to scare my friend i told her it was because the back car was comming up off the track. (which is not posible actualy it is just very unlikely maybe if a few wheels were missing). But it was very funny.

At CP once when going up the lift on Millenium Force, the train stopped because of a rider taking his seat belt off so he could get some extra air time. Needless to say, the CP police were waiting when the train got back to the station.

Chalk this one as a pointless thread.

Why would ANYONE enjoy getting stuck on a ride? You can't move. You can't relieve yourself if need be. You can't get a drink of water. And chances are, there is a 13 year old girl screaming her head off thinking that the longer and louder she screams the faster the ride will get fixed. What is enjoyable in that?

It is funny that most people will blast CF for a questionable rain policy, but then enjoy getting stuck on a ride.

wow...

Have to agree here why would you want to be stuck on one ride when you could be enjoying antother, and dont you normally hear everyone on the stuck ride cheering once it gets going again?