Official PKI removing flyers..

Shaggy

I just heard from the park.

The Flying Eagles will cease operation at PKI on Sunday October 17th. Enthusiasts are invited for a final ride. Simply meet up at 9pm at the ride entrance. Marketing guru Maureen Boothe will be on hand to supervise the final ride and bestow a final tribute.

**Please note... this is not an ERT session... rather a final chance to say good bye to the 70 year old ride.

The ride will be dismantled, but will operate again at another park very soon.

Shaggy

Worst...Decision...Ever!

This is just plain horrible. Let's look at the Paramount way of thinking...let's take out two very classic and unique rides, and put in just one coaster, that is a clone and probably will be a scaled-down version of a Universal/Disney type ride. The theming will whither away in the first three years, and then we have a dinky rollercoaster that only goes 40 mph. Great choice!!! While we're at it, let's take out more classic rides like Kings Island did when Carl Linder was the owner and when the park was at it's worst it has ever been in.

Now trust me, when I say this, if Paramount continues to do this, it will turn out to be very bad in the end for PKI. I think they just don't know what they are doing. If you slap a movie name on a ride it doesn't make it any better.

• Like 2

I call for us to all come together as a community and fight to keep this ride here.  It is truly the best ride in the park and the park is not the true Kings Island without it.  Who's up for starting a picket line??? :evil:

I don't think that will work. Over at Coasterbuzz they what to start save the flyers e-mail. I can see Paramount sold the Flyers to Carowinds so its not like they are coming back to Kings Island in the park. All this does it make the park look very bad and get alot of people unhappy way to go Paramounts Kings Island.

Well as Shaggy said, it is official, the flyers will be leaving the park to make room for the grand entrance way to the Italian Job Stunt Track. Festivities are still being planned for the final rides but there will be a flyers going away cake.

Oct 17 at 9pm. It is undertimiend where they will go at this point.

More details throughout the week.

Well as Shaggy said, it is official, the flyers will be leaving the park to make room for the grand entrance way to the Italian Job Stunt Track. Festivities are still being planned for the final rides but THERE WILL BE A FLYERS GOING AWAY CAKE.

More details throughout the week.

I just hope Italian Job Stunt Track lives up to its name. In 2 years all the themeing that makes the coaters will be gone and we will have a coaster that goes 40 mph wow.

Funny they are taking all of the good flats out of the park like in the 80's and they give us cake. Bad showing Kings Island and Paramount Parks. :censored: :censored:

• Like 1

BAD PKI! BAD MOVE!WHY WOULD YOU TAKE OUT A POPULAR CLASSIC RIDE! PKI HAS PLENTY OF ROOM TO RELOCATE THE FLYERS! IAM WITH CAPTAIN MORGAN LETS SHOW PKI HOW MUCH THE FLYERS MEAN TO US!PKI IS TAKING AWAY ONE THE MAIN REASONS I GO TO PKI! I WILL ADMIT IAM LOOKING FORWARD TO IJ:ST BUT THIS IS JUST MESSED UP!

FIRST PKI TAKES AWAY THE HB CHARACTERS THEN KING COBRA

NOW THIS....I'M ONE P*SSED OFF GHOST!

Hey folks remember they pulled this same ploy last year...by saying that Waterworks was gone forever....and look what happened...it's back better.

I'm willing to bet they're moving them, and this is yet another marketing ploy. Ya'll need to sit in some marketing classes sometimes

• Like 1

Ok, I am a Carowinds Fan, and not to over react or anything but:

So see no flat ride, kiddy ride, family ride or roller coaster is safe no matter how popular it is. Paramount Parks doesn't care. The only thing any of the parks care about is how much profit they are making. Sadly, the world doesn't go around what park regulars want to happen. It goes around, those green pieces of cloth with former presidents's faces on them. I highly doubt this is for scare. The clues are plainly visible. The PKI Eagles are on the Carowinds 2005 Flyer. If Carowinds was just getting a new one, they would have taken a picture of the PKD flyers and not the PKI Flyers. If people would pay more attention to the teasers, they would know before it happens.

Trust me, I know how upset ya'll are. Carowinds removed the Carolina Sternwheeler riverboat ride for BORG Assimilator. The Sternwheeler was also a historial attraction at Carowinds. "Life is about changing, something ever stays the same."(from a song)

You will just have to look at the bright side, and forget the dark side. I am thrilled about this but that is because I am on the other end this time.

By the way, PKI_Diana, I doubt this is one. PKI put an ad on PKI.com that said "Goodbye WaterWorks?" or something to that effect, they never said that they were removing them completely.

Edited by RollerNut

Iam sure Paramount would care if they started to lose profits and money......This is a wrong move why would PKI pull a backstabbing move on there fans like this?Beware my fellow PKI fans the Dark days are back lets see if they take away The Racer...Vortex...Grand carousel...Congo Falls....Hanna-Barbera Land..PKI is getting on my nerves I'm half way temped to just go to Orlando during the summer at least I would get my money's worth than going PKI and seeing them make stupid moves like this one. :thumbsdown: <_<:angry::(

Hey folks remember they pulled this same ploy last year...by saying that Waterworks was gone forever....and look what happened...it's back better.

I'm willing to bet they're moving them, and this is yet another marketing ploy. Ya'll need to sit in some marketing classes sometimes

Very true, Diana, but if you recall, last year they said:

"Labor day would be the last operational day of Water Works" which it was.

Shaggy clearly said that it would be relocated to another Paramount park.

Than again, I do recall Shaggy telling us that he didn't see a coaster in our future for 2005.

Paramount Parks corperate offices are located at or near Carowinds if you guys want to send your *****ings there.

Odd timing that I haven't renewed my season pass yet. Then again, since PKI is my home park, I probably will eventually. I think that what is in question, though, is how often I will visit next year. Disappointing how they can't just move this popular ride to another vacant location.

Ok, I am a Carowinds Fan, and not to over react or anything but:

So see no flat ride, kiddy ride, family ride or roller coaster is safe no matter how popular it is. Paramount Parks doesn't care. The only thing any of the parks care about is how much profit they are making. Sadly, the world doesn't go around what park regulars want to happen. It goes around, those green pieces of cloth with former presidents's faces on them. I highly doubt this is for scare. The clues are plainly visible. The PKI Eagles are on the Carowinds 2005 Flyer. If Carowinds was just getting a new one, they would have taken a picture of the PKD flyers and not the PKI Flyers. If people would pay more attention to the teasers, they would know before it happens.

Trust me, I know how upset ya'll are. Carowinds removed the Carolina Sternwheeler riverboat ride for BORG Assimilator. The Sternwheeler was also a historial attraction at Carowinds. "Life is about changing, something ever stays the same."(from a song)

You will just have to look at the bright side, and forget the dark side. I am thrilled about this but that is because I am on the other end this time.

By the way, PKI_Diana, I doubt this is one. PKI put an ad on PKI.com that said "Goodbye WaterWorks?" or something to that effect, they never said that they were removing them completely.

Im still betting my breath that it's a ploy....