Official PKI removing flyers..

Shaggy

WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

BAD BAD BAD! Italian Job is going to be great, but why don't they MOVE them tot he old Flight Commander pad???

Hopefully this is a scare tactic!

Unfortuantly it is not a scare tatic it is the truth i heard it from a friend who used to work at flyers just a little while ago.

this really stinks. i love the flyers, and i think everyone on this site does as well.... cant pki see that this is a bad move? i remember when my cousin worked as a PR rep for the park back in the early nineties. she always told us that the eagles were onteh chopping block several years in a row, but public outcry and the long lines kept them alive... i hope diana is right, but if she isnt, do you think there is anything we could do to change corporates mind??? surely Mr. Siebert, who we know loves these sites can see how upset we are about this, perhaps he could do some persuading or something... anything to keep them in our park!

Paramount Parks corperate offices are located at or near Carowinds if you guys want to send your *****ings there.

I just don't think PKI or Paramount Parks care anymore. If they did PKI would have tould use when they close the old fashion cars down. I would hate to see a new set on Flyers in the Flight Commander area next season. Unless we got to keep the tubs and Carowinds just got the part the spins.

The best thing you can do is to swamp PKI's guest relations with complaints about the rides removal over the next two weeks. Every complaint has to be answered by the park, and if they get swamped the higher ups will know about it. Let people know in the park that they are leaving and to go up to front gate guest relations to file a complaint about the decision. PKI listens to its customers, and if enough file formal complaints they may take a second look. But it is up to you, if you're at the park this weekend get as many people as you can to go up and file a formal complaint. This is the Flyers only hope.

Well I didn't really ride the fliers that much cause I could really one get one good snap but that one snap was really fun. I do think Paramount is making a very big mistake removing this because there is a nice plot of land for it where flight commander is. O well I'm sure Paramount has something up their selve or a good reason for taking it out.

Sad news. Not surprising though, PKI is trying to form a new image for themselves, that's why they built TR:TR and now IJST. Flying Eagles is a great ride, one I've loved all through my childhood and to this day, but many parks have them, just like the Antique Cars(even though a version of them will return for the kiddies most likely in 2006). I do have a problem with losing classic rides, since PKI prides itself on its variety and catering to everyone, taking the Eagles away will be very saddening for alot of people whose biggest ride they ride is the Eagles. I hope PKI either eventually buys a new one, preferable in addition to a few classic flats, and stocks Coney Mall up using the old rides as its primary theming. But eitherway, I think by 2006 PKI will have put in even more heavily themed attractions in addition to TRTR and IJST and we'll begin to see their plans take shape. I think PKI has a bright future, with the Eagles or not. Though I will miss them, they are not the only ones in the world. I just hope PKI eventually brings the park a similar ride or a new set of flyers, or at the least a new ride that the individuals who would ride nothing bigger than the flyers can enjoy.

Well the Ride has been in Coeny Island and Kings Island for 70 years. Its one of those rides that everyone grows up with in this area. I don't know of to many rides that have been around that long. Coasters come and go like the King Cobra. Do I think this new coaster will be fun sure. Do I think they should remove the oldest ride in the park no.

Well the Ride has been in Coeny Island and Kings Island for 70 years. Its one of those rides that everyone grows up with in this area. I don't know of to many rides that have been around that long. Coasters come and go like the King Cobra. Do I think this new coaster will be fun sure. Do I think they should remove the oldest ride in the park no.

I agree. It is neat to think how many kids ride that ride today and their grandparents enjoyed it at Coney Island when they were children. The number of generations that have rode that ride is truly amazing, and I will miss it. If I end up having kids one day, it'd have been neat to think that in one of those tubs my dad tought me how to fly them, and now I'd be teaching my son how to. I can only hope that the park's other classic attractions are safe for atleast the next few years.

Iam Gonna complain this total BS...PKI just doesnt give a Rats A$$ About there guests nor the park anymore.

I wouldn't say that. You never know what PKI is liable to do. I am sure that there is a good reason for it. The park wouldn't just take something out for the sake of taking it out.

Heck I would it goes to show you PKI doesnt care anymore about there guests opinions!

The Italian Job: Stunt Track Ride Information:

The Italian Job: Stunt Track will be constructed on the current site of the Antique Cars. The Antique Cars will operate for their final day on Sunday, August 15, and construction will begin on the site Monday, the 16th.

The Italian Job will have the ride's entrance on Coney Mall near the current entrance site for the Antique Cars. The Flying Eagles will be left in their current place if possible, but if not, they will be relocated to the old Flight Commander pad across the midway in Coney Mall.

This is from pki extreeme

It is a shame that the park is removing this but people need to move on and appercate that we have a great park so close. Many people would love to live near PKI and for you people who are complaing about this you need to think that operating the Fliers can get expenive and not many people ride it. The cables need to be replace every so often, the ride operator, the maintance people keeping it clean and safe, the power to keep it running. It just wasnt worth PKI's time to mess areound with this ride.

I dont see why you guys are bashing the park. Honestly it was just a easy buisness move to make. Most of you never even talked about riding this thing. I lame thing that goes around in circles or a coaster. People come to the park for the coasters not the Fliers.  Its just that simple.

Yeah you got a point, but still, its fun and ITS A CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iam Gonna complain this total BS...PKI just doesnt give a Rats A$$ About there guests nor the park anymore.

I wouldn't say that. You never know what PKI is liable to do. I am sure that there is a good reason for it. The park wouldn't just take something out for the sake of taking it out.

Heck I would it goes to show you PKI doesnt care anymore about there guests opinions!

GigglingComplainer Dude, your a joke. Simply put. Do not renew your pass. One less complainer in line. You complain because we removed King Cobra when it is very clear that there were major maintance issues. Get over, dont renew your pass.

GigglingComplainer Dude, your a joke. Simply put. Do not renew your pass. One less complainer in line. You complain because we removed King Cobra when it is very clear that there were major maintance issues. Get over, dont renew your pass.

I will renew my pass just to p*ss you off also because I always have been and always will be a pass holder. I will complain when something I love very dearly gets taken out many of us PKI fanatics dont get why cant PKI just replace the Flyers in the old Flight Commander spot. First they take out the classic Hanna-Barbera Chracters then King Cobra...then the Oldie cars now our beloved Flyers....Whats gonna stop paramount from taking out The Racer or Vortex if we dont complain your a joke you dont have what it takes to be on this thread many people like me are saddened and upset because of PKI's :censored: move and if you dont like what me and the rest of the PKIC posters are saying you can get the :censored: off of this thread because the bottom line is I & many others will complain. :censored: :angry:

Whats to stop Racer from being removed? Simple, its design. How many Out and Back roller coasters of its shape get replaced every so often, not many. Vortex will go at some point and when it does, it will be because no one rides it anymore. The Hurler has been due for removal since the day it open. 11 years later, we are still stuck with the stupid thing. Same goes for the Frenzoid, no one rides the rides but they still operate. Could ya'll please stop getting so upset about this, from what have heard, there is penlty of Flying Scooters in Ohio. The closet ones to me, is PKD's and that is about 5 hour drive. Life is about changing, nothing ever same. PKI will live w/o the Flying Eagles.

Read the sticker, and do what it is...

http://www.cafepress.com/carowindszone.13970471