Official PKI removing flyers..

Shaggy

Flightoffear1996 said.

"The Roller Coasters is a reason why people go to PKI and not the Eagles. Life will go on. You guys are blowing the removal of this ride way of proption."

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm all for the removal of a so-so flat in place of a coaster.

I'm all for the removal of a so-so flat in place of a coaster.

I saw alot of very good flats get taken out at Kings Island over the years. I was just looking at some old pictures from 1983 and you can see the park had more rides for everyone in the park. Coasters are ok for some people, but not all people ride coasters. The Flyers had a long line back then in Coney Island/Coney Mall in the old spot. :cowboy:

Like I said I strongly disagree People do not go to a theme or amusement park for coasters they go to get away~!

Of coarse they go to a park to get away, that is obvious. But what attractions sway their decision of which park to go to? It is hard to believe that a discussion of "does this park have flyers?" often takes place.

Before 1979, KI was a good park, but when The Beast came, KI became a destination for many. I am not saying that PKI needs to always build a world class coaster all the time, but that simply, a coaster is more attractive than a ride like the Flyers to the normal guest.

Like I said I strongly disagree People do not go to a theme or amusement park for coasters they go to get away~!

Of coarse they go to a park to get away, that is obvious. But what attractions sway their decision of which park to go to? It is hard to believe that a discussion of "does this park have flyers?" often takes place.

Before 1979, KI was a good park, but when The Beast came, KI became a destination for many. I am not saying that PKI needs to always build a world class coaster all the time, but that simply, a coaster is more attractive than a ride like the Flyers to the normal guest.

Thank you that is what I was saying not everyone likes coasters my cousin goes to pki to ride SDATCH and to have a fun day at BB.Welcome back Chef nice to see you on the forums once again.

• 10 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The new ride will be fun, but it's not the same. Our flyers had a HUGE amount of history behind them. First they were from the park that produced Kings Island. Second they were an original model of the ride. I believe it was the losing of the history that was more important at the time. Now KI only has a few of the original rides from Coney Island in it's lineup. Time marches onward.....

• Like 2