Official PKI removing flyers..

Shaggy

I think its really funny they are removing them. I could not think of a better decision by PKI. IJST will be much better than this ride.

Um No...I rather ride the flyers do I need to remind you IJ:ST wont be kid friendly :thumbsdown: Bad move by PKI they have so much land to use.

I think its really funny they are removing them. I could not think of a better decision by PKI. IJST will be much better than this ride.

Um No...I rather ride the flyers do I need to remind you IJ:ST wont be kid friendly :thumbsdown: Bad move by PKI they have so much land to use.

Kings Island Has PLENTY of things for the kids. They also need to think bout the thrill seekers and that's what they're doing with IJ:ST.

I think it's a great move and can't wait to ride IJ:ST. :thumbsup:

They also need to think bout the thrill seekers and that's what they're doing with IJ:ST.

I wouldn't really call IJ:ST a thrill ride because it will not be very thrilling at all. This ride will be more fun than scaring you out of you boots type ride.

They also need to think bout the thrill seekers and that's what they're doing with IJ:ST.

I wouldn't really call IJ:ST a thrill ride because it will not be very thrilling at all. This ride will be more fun than scaring you out of you boots type ride.

I never said it would be scary, by thrilling I meant fun. :king:

(I just noticed how many smilies there are)

Dont be sad about the flyers things change. Jeff Siebert does everything he can for guests of the park

All of Marketing does all it can for guests. That is why they are hosting this Farewell to the Flyers event (with cake). They too are sorry to see them go but the decision was out of there hands.

They hope that this will not get you too down and that they will make up for it with the new Italian Job Stunt Track that will be in that area next year.

P.S. They are going 100% it isn't a marketing campaign like Waterworks was last year.

The Italian Job: Stunt Track Ride Information:

The Italian Job: Stunt Track will be constructed on the current site of the Antique Cars. The Antique Cars will operate for their final day on Sunday, August 15, and construction will begin on the site Monday, the 16th.

The Italian Job will have the ride's entrance on Coney Mall near the current entrance site for the Antique Cars. The Flying Eagles will be left in their current place if possible, but if not, they will be relocated to the old Flight Commander pad across the midway in Coney Mall.

This is from pki extreeme

does anybody read these? on p4 I clearly stated, that EXTREEME PKI clearly stated, that they will be move to Flight comander's old posision- which is probably the reason they took out launch pad if I'm not mistaken.

does anybody read these? on p4 I clearly stated, that EXTREEME PKI clearly stated, that they will be move to Flight comander's old posision- which is probably the reason they took out launch pad if I'm not mistaken.

Ok, so what are you getting at?

The Italian Job: Stunt Track will be constructed on the current site of the Antique Cars. The Antique Cars will operate for their final day on Sunday, August 15, and construction will begin on the site Monday, the 16th.

The Italian Job will have the ride's entrance on Coney Mall near the current entrance site for the Antique Cars. The Flying Eagles will be left in their current place if possible, but if not, they will be relocated to the old Flight Commander pad across the midway in Coney Mall.

If I were you, I would change where I got my information...

Please use the Spell Check, I didn't spend a week installing it for nothing.

Ya know, I got a call from a certain someone on this board last Friday before myself and coasterdime headed up to Knoebels. How incredibly depressing all this is. I realize that this decision has been mostly corporate and some people at PKI are upset about the removal. Still, its completely and totally one of the worse things I've seen from the Park in a long time.

PKI has, perhaps, the worse flat ride collection of any park I've ever been to. Keep in mind, I've been to darn near every major theme park in this country now, so I have plenty to base that opinion on. I give them MAJOR kudos though, Delirium and Tomb Raider were FANTASTIC additions and a GREAT start at finally building that collection back up. Now here we are talking about the removal of not ONE, but TWO non coaster attractions. Two attractions that I feel added a lot to the Park's atmosphere. I've read posts on this board, as well as PKIUnlimited, from different people talking about how NO ONE will remember the Eagles and that NO ONE cares about them. I don't think anything could be further from the truth. Since the announcement, I've talked to several friends of mine about the news. No one can really believe it. The Flying Eagles have a history with Kings Island. They will be missed, contrary to the opinion of some on here.

The Park will just not be the same next year for me. I certainly don't go for the coasters, as I feel the collection is mediocre at best. None of PKI's rides come even close to topping my personal favorites. The Eagles were the star of the Park for me. This past season was fantastic on them. I have made many new friends there this year, a few of which are truly starting to become some of my closest friends. Just doesn't seem to be a lot left for me. I have always been a fan of PKI and truly love the Park. Its had its ups and downs, but overall always seemed to do so many things right. Now, I gotta question the direction that Paramount seems to be going.

I have never been overly excited about Italian Job, this recent decision will certainly hurt in welcoming it with open arms. I think it will be another great family addition to the Park. From my perspective, its an oversized wild mouse. No real big drops, fast and tight turns, with a launch. It'll be fun, but like the other coasters at PKI mediocre at best. Lets all pray that the thematic elements work on a consistent basis, as it seems a large portion of this new ride is based on just that. Italian Job sure isn't worth losing the two rides that we have now.

For those who are ok with the changes, thats fine. Not everyone has the same opinion nor shares the same respect for the ride that others do. However, please be respectful enough to those of us who DO appreciate the ride for what it is and are truly saddened by the loss of ANOTHER classic KI ride.

-- Todd, who realized at Knoebels this weekend that PKI truly DID have the best set of Scooters ANYWHERE

• Like 1

They took out launchpad because it kept breaking over and over.

For those who are ok with the changes, thats fine. Not everyone has the same opinion nor shares the same respect for the ride that others do. However, please be respectful enough to those of us who DO appreciate the ride for what it is and are truly saddened by the loss of ANOTHER classic KI ride.

-- Todd, who realized at Knoebels this weekend that PKI truly DID have the best set of Scooters ANYWHERE

Todd, I completely agree with you and I think that's the best way anyone could put it.

If I were you, I would change where I got my information...

Please use the Spell Check, I didn't spend a week installing it for nothing.

I guessed! I didnt have solid info on that.

For those who are ok with the changes, thats fine.  Not everyone has the same opinion nor shares the same respect for the ride that others do.  However, please be respectful enough to those of us who DO appreciate the ride for what it is and are truly saddened by the loss of ANOTHER classic KI ride.

Todd, I completely agree with you and I think that's the best way anyone could put it.

I agree with Dan. That was probably the best post on this thread yet.

I called Todd to tell him because I didn't want him to hear about it on here, like the rest of us did. He's probably more connected with the ride than anyone else I know.

I differ with him slightly. I do welcome IJST with open arms. My excitement about the ride has been tained by the high price that we must pay for it. My real fear is that due to this price, enthusiasts may never feel like the ride lives up to the hype, although it will likely be an amazing experience.

The more I talk to people, the more I am finding out (apparently) that certain people with authority in the park did fight for us... they did everything they can, but in the end, it simply wasn't enough. I do thank anyone who had our little demographic in mind while you defended our cherished ride.

I am never one to stand in the way of progress, but I just think that progress could have been acheived without this particular action. You all say that it was a Paramount Park's decision, not PKI, well I tell you this, my friends: just because someone has authority doesn't mean they always make the right decisions. I think that the park realizes that. I mean, did you notice that they didn't even tell us themselves, they deligated it to Shaggy. Kind of a "don't kill the messenger" deal. I don't blame them, though. I wouldn't want to be the one to have to tell you guys that.

Get a grip you people. These are freaking flyers, it's not that big of a deal!!! Go ride Shake, Rattle, and Roll or something, you almost get the same effect. Yeesh, I can't believe there's been 8, soon to be 9, pages of this dribble nonsense!!! The ride's gone... move on... new topic! :offtopic: Dane, the spellcheck takes too long :rolleyes: