Official PKI removing flyers..

Shaggy

I talked to a few people I go to college with and one of my friends ashley told me that since PKI keeps removing her childhood rides and the park keeps losing its appeal to her so she isnt going to PKI next summer I cant say I dont blame her I will still go but a lot less.

I'm just wondering what part of IJST is going to go where the flyers were. Is it going to be the queue, or is it going to be part of the ride itself? Also, I'm still wondering what they're going to do with Flight Commmander's platform. They must have something in mind or they just would've put the flyers up there.

I understand your anger. I also wish they had more smaller family rides. Its part of life that things will change. PKI does listen to the complaints, and if you think they did it to be mean you are wrong. Don't give up yet on the antique cars and have faith in Jeff . He has more passion for the park then you will ever know. He battles everyday to keep park a great place to go.

Well that is his job is to keep the park a nice place to be. However the Eagles must go it is a purley a business descion. Roller coaster or Eagles. Ill take the IJST anyday. The Roller Coasters is a reason why people go to PKI and not the Eagles. Life will go on. You guys are blowing the removal of this ride way of proption. PKI needs to expand and attact people it is a buisness and if something stands in the way of PKI's goal (making money) it must be removed. The world of today revoles more than likey around money and not for the love of something.

Well that is his job is to keep the park a nice place to be.  However the Eagles must go it is a purley a business descion.  Roller coaster or Eagles.  Ill take the IJST anyday.  The Roller Coasters is a reason why people go to PKI and not the Eagles.  Life will go on.  You guys are blowing the removal of this ride way of proption.  PKI needs to expand and attact people it is a buisness and if something stands in the way of PKI's goal (making money) it must be removed.  The world of today revoles more than likey around money and not for the love of something.

I disagree Rollercoasters arent the only reason people go to pki they go to pki to get away from there hectic lives or just to get away a lot of families go to pki to ride kiddie rides and have there kids meet Spongebob or Scooby Doo PKI appeals to families not just thrill seekers.While Iam sad that the eagles are gone and I agree it was stupid move along with the removel of most beloved rides in the park IE the old cars etc.PKI has a plan I'm sure PKI will add a cool fun flat ride to replace the flyers.

Well that is his job is to keep the park a nice place to be.  However the Eagles must go it is a purley a business descion.  Roller coaster or Eagles.  Ill take the IJST anyday.  The Roller Coasters is a reason why people go to PKI and not the Eagles.  Life will go on.  You guys are blowing the removal of this ride way of proption.  PKI needs to expand and attact people it is a buisness and if something stands in the way of PKI's goal (making money) it must be removed.  The world of today revoles more than likey around money and not for the love of something.

You are right, its all about the money! Its sad, but true. No, people are NOT blowing the removal of this ride out of proportion. As I stated in a previous post, not everyone had the same appreciation for the Eagles that some of us do. Sunday night was incredibly sad. For me, it wasn't necessarily the fact that the ride is leaving. Yes, I'm beyond angry about its removal......especially considering its history and the ample room that Kings Island has to expand. I also understand that it was mostly a corporate decision, therefore its hard to fault the park. I know there were some upset folks from PKI as well. What really hit home with me Sunday night were the memories that I had made on that ride just this past season alone. It was just assumed that I'd be seeing my friends at the Eagles.....darn near everynight after I got off work. To say the least, the Eagles had A LOT of sentimental value to me and many others.

For what it is worth, I still love Kings Island as a whole. It will always hold a special place in my heart as I have grown up with the Park for the past 23 years. With that said, I agree with a comment that I read on another message board. PKI is losing its charm. The things that once made it stand out from all the others are slowly being removed one by one. The Antique Car site was beautiful, peaceful, one of my favorite areas in any park, anywhere. Whats left of that? Nothing. No trees, more still to be cleared. Its sad. I can hardly wait until next weekend to see what was once the location of the eagles. What is to become of the walkway between the Eagles and Beast? That nice, curvy, brick wall that lines the pathway, is it to come out also?

I realized Sunday night that, of course, I will still visit PKI. As often as I did this summer, no way. I'm sure the Italian Job will be a nice addition, another worthy family attraction that fits the current trend of PKI. Its just sad that TWO great attractions had to be removed for it. You guys keep saying that PKI has to expand and attract people, I haven't seen much expansion in the last 10 years....only replacing. Oh well, like someone said, the mighty dollar always wins at the corporate parks. All the more reason that I will continue to visit places like Knoebels and support the smaller, family ran parks all that I can. Its always a real wake up call to visit one of those parks. The experience can't be rivaled in any big themer that I've ever been to. I gotta give props though to PKI's marketing team. Despite the recent events, they always go above and beyond. Sunday nights goodbye event for the Eagles was special and MOST appreciative. Many thanks for giving us the opportunity for the final rides on a ride that WILL be missed by many people.

- Todd, who still knows PKI is a wonderful place.....just falling victim to the powers that be at corporate

Well they will have the IJST que line right there next year from what I understand. I knew the park was going to lose its chram when paramount bought it out. But who knows what PKI has instore for the Flying Eagles maybe they will get a better more high capcity one. One with more Eagles and breaks. WHo knows Who knows any more

Next time the park adds a big ride I hope they think of using a space that does not have a ride or two in that area. Also they could have put IJSC next to Flight of Fear and made it a new land of the park, but what do I know I don't run the parks.

Take it as a good sign that the antique cars are still there. If you ride The Racer you can see them. Sometimes hard decisions have to be made. PKI cares very much about you guys. For all the people that always say open up a new section I have to say. It would take a massive undertakeng to do that . Its hard enough to control the area we have now being used. We barely have enough staff to run the park now. When they open the land it will be for more than 1 ride. Look at Ceader Point they are screwed. They are land locked with nothing left . I was told they are thing about buying more land and haveing a boat take you there. Smile life is good Winter Fest is only a season away hohohohoho

"Do I think they should remove the oldest ride in the park no. "

The Eagles were not the (current) oldest ride in the park. They were the second oldest. The Carousel was built in 1927, several years prior to the flyers being manufactured. The carousel celebrated it's 77th anniversary this season.

By the way, the oldest ride to ever exist at KI..... was the Tumble Bug. It was built for Coney in 1925, two years prior to the carousel.

The Scrambler, believe it or not, falls in the age category of the Flyers as well.

Shaggy

Smile life is good Winter Fest is only a season away hohohohoho

Sweet! I will admit I was really upset that PKI took out the flyers but life goes on....I loved winterfest when I was little back then they had The Smurfs Enchanted Voyage and Scrappy's skating rink. :D

Smile life is good Winter Fest is only a season away hohohohoho

With Winter Fest coming back next year what rides would be open from the last Winter Fest? Well the cars are gone I guess they will have to add another ride to the line up. Winter Fest was more of shows than rides.