Old Cemetery

IheartKI

We DO? This one doesn't know that. Far from it. Want to see a public project come to an immediate halt? Watch what happens if an Indian burial ground is discovered on the premises.

Terpy, of Indian descent in part...and certainly not one who ignores Indian burial grounds nor one who knows that others do...

It happens now, but a few years ago it didn't. Some natives I associate with have received remains for spiritual reburial. On another note, I was thrilled that a developer in alaska halted their construction for an eagles' nest. The project has been abandoned until the eagle decides whether that lot is its permanent home or not :D

We DO? This one doesn't know that. Far from it. Want to see a public project come to an immediate halt? Watch what happens if an Indian burial ground is discovered on the premises.

Terpy, of Indian descent in part...and certainly not one who ignores Indian burial grounds nor one who knows that others do...

I think you'd be surprised to know how many of us actually have true Indian (A-hem, or should I say "Native American?") decent in our long blood lines. My family gets to claim Shawnee blood...or so it makes a good story coming out of my Dad's mouth.

This happened right up the road during the construction of Little Miami High School:

Staying Sensitive

As schools pay more attention to how schools affect the environment, many architects and educators have tried to create more sensitivity.

That applies not only to the building, but also to the land that surrounds it. At Little Miami High School in Morrow, Ohio, the firm reconfigured the design after it unearthed Indian artifacts during construction. Now, students are able to go on archaelogical digs outside the school.

“There is a lot of educational value in the environment,” says Fernandez.

http://asumag.com/mag/university_design/

pilotank

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This cemetery actually got quite a bit of attention on one of those ghost hunting shows. The "little girl in the blue dress" that many employees and guests talk about is believed to be Missouri Jane, a 5 year old burried in the cemetery. I know that since the episode aired, people (myself included) have taken various gifts, such as flowers and left them on her grave site.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...