FL: Dolphin Dies During Discovery Cove Stunt Show

Sad story.

But it is rather laughable that some think that performing amimals are being treated cruel. What the World has learned from Sea World alone is simply amazing.

Sure, there are some places that are questionable (Marineland in Canada for one), but Sea World certainly does not fall into that catagory.

And it is not only Sea World, but Anheuser- Busch as a whole. I have been amazed what they have done for marine life, preserving bald eagles, and pretty much all animals.

Sad story.

But it is rather laughable that some think that performing amimals are being treated cruel. What the World has learned from Sea World alone is simply amazing.

Sure, there are some places that are questionable (Marineland in Canada for one), but Sea World certainly does not fall into that catagory.

And it is not only Sea World, but Anheuser- Busch as a whole. I have been amazed what they have done for marine life, preserving bald eagles, and pretty much all animals.

Yeah, I'm not familiar with that paper but would venture to say that it's not the most Pro-US outlet.

I can see the reasoning one would have to say that an animal is treated cruely at sea world or someplace similar. It isn't cruelty like being underfed or beaten or anything, it is just that they are trained to perform for the entertainment of people, for which they will do several times a day. I don't really have that big of a problem with it, but I can see why someone would. How would you feel if someone kept you locked in a cage all the time and made you perform for people?

I know most here on the boards will laugh this off, but why should animals have any less rights than us? They got here the same way we did, yet we are somehow superior. Ugh.

I can see the reasoning one would have to say that an animal is treated cruely at sea world or someplace similar. It isn't cruelty like being underfed or beaten or anything, it is just that they are trained to perform for the entertainment of people, for which they will do several times a day. I don't really have that big of a problem with it, but I can see why someone would. How would you feel if someone kept you locked in a cage all the time and made you perform for people?

I know most here on the boards will laugh this off, but why should animals have any less rights than us? They got here the same way we did, yet we are somehow superior. Ugh.

You toss a ball and a dog goes to get it and bring it back.

You do that for an extended period of time and do it several times a day.

Now is this dog the happiest dog in the world or do you think that his rights have been infringed on?

.... and by the way, animals generally do not get here the same way that people do. I would recommend a few more zoology and human biology classes. <G>

Depending on your beliefs

Then God said, "Let us make human beings in our image, to be like ourselves. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground." -Genesis 1:26

Depending on your beliefs

Then God said, "Let us make human beings in our image, to be like ourselves. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground." -Genesis 1:26

Ok take your little fariy tales someplace else. Everytime a christain finds a chance to preach they take it.

Back on topic. Its truely sad to see such an animal like this to die. If you ever got up close with these animals they are such adorable! and fun to play in the ocean with!

Ok take your little fariy tales someplace else. Everytime a christain finds a chance to preach they take it.

Lets not get into a religous ****ing contest. Everyone has their own beliefs and their own way of looking at things, it does not make them right or wrong.

Please keep your insults and generalizations to yourself.

I really do not see how a trained animal is being abused. I am willing to bet that animals in a cage are actually treated better than animals is the wild. And additionally, those trained animals provide education to marine biologists.

An education that has a potential to continue a species to live.