Paranormal Activity at Coney Island?

pilotank

On July 25th, 1935, Amusement Park Chief George F. Schott died unexpectedly while attending business at Moonlite Gardens.

In the summer of 1966, William Bomkamp, an 18 YOA UC student, fell to his death from the last run of the night on the Shooting Star.

In 1947, Josephine Rosenfeld, of Westwood, died when she fell from a Merry Go round horse. In May of that same year,

Lucille Clemons died when she fell off the Shooting Star. Ironically that same year. the Island Queen blew up in Pittsburg, PA

killing 19 crew members.

My now deceased next door neighbor used to work security at Coney back in the heyday of the park. He often talked of ghostly

sightings around the park, specifically ghostly aberrations in and around Moonlite Gardens.

I was wondering with the popularity of ghost hunters, if anyone else has experienced or heard of any parasnormal activity.

Yes, I can confirm the deaths on the Shooting Star. In Charles Jacques Jr.`s book "Cincinnati`s Coney Island", he describes Lucille Clemons and William Bromkamp`s deaths.

Lucile Clemons died in 1947, the first year that the Shooting Star was open. Reported alleged that she attempted to stand up to reach for her hat. However, her husband (who was seated beside her during the ride) claimed she never wore hats. Coney determined the ride was in good working condition.

The accident that killed Mr. Bromkamp occurred on the last train of the day. He was seated in the back row. When the train returned to the station, he was not in his seat, and the lapbar was still in the closed position. He was found at the base of a short dip a short distance from the station.

And the death that occurred on the Carousel, was a result of a dizzy spell. 68 year old Josephine Rosenfeld became dizzy and fell off her horse. She struck her head on the way down and she was rushed to Christ Hospital, where she died 90 minutes later of a skull fracture.

• 5 months later...

Since it's getting close to Halloween, I thought this was interesting.

I was watching Scarriest Places on Earth and a former amusement park was depicted.

It was Lake Shawnee Amusement Park in West Virginia.

Lake Shawnee has countless recordings of Paranormal Activity.

It was a former site of a Shawnee Indian massacre on white settlers..

For more information, check out these web sites.

http://www.pbase.com/kstuebin/hauntedamusementpark

http://www.ghostvillage.com/ghostcommunity...showtopic=11124

Might be a nice road trip for paranormal/amusement park entthusiast.

pilotank

• 2 years later...

I drove down to see the flooding at Coney Island a couple of weeks ago. and seen two maintenance workers

trying to clear debris away from a drain near the auto entrance on Kellogg @ Sutton.

They had caught a catfish with a backhoe.

The conversation took to past flooding and the general history at CI.

Although neither have witnessed paranormal activity, they did share some stories

of people who had. The next day I was at Border's book store and came across

a book:

Cincinnati Haunted Handbook

America's Haunted Road Trip

Morris/Moris

http://www.clerisypress.com/product.php?productid=16948

It lists both Coney Island and Kings Island. Specific to Coney Island, the book goes way back

1500 years when the Hopewell Indians frequented the land. The book also

lists the merry-go round, Sunlite Pool and definitely talks about Moonlight Gardens.

A great read for all you paranormal enthusiasts!

This provides verification of the earlier posts.

pilotank