Scrambler going too?

Young Gunz

Hey, I just found out about the Flyers going to Carowinds. I heard from a semi-reliable source that the Scrambler is going there too. I know it has been disassembled now, just like it is for every Fearfest, so that's not what it's based off of. Does anyone have any information on this?

From yesterdays Cincinnati Enquirer.....

"The park is not planning to remove any other rides for the new ride, spokeswoman Maureen Kaiser said Monday."

So I highly doubt it. Although I would be perfectly happy if they took THAT and put the Eagles in that spot. But oh well.

Ever Onward....

No cause for alarm, as Carowinds already has a Scrambler "Kaleidoscope" or some such clever name. It's an outdoor machine, depsite what the name might hint.

What I m surprised about is as of Oct 2, the Scrambler was only partially disasembled, usually the park has used that area for the House of Darkness line.

As with last year, the park has dismanteled part of the Scrambler to get a head start on the winter maintenance. It is not leaving PKI. I too find it odd that they had only removed the cars and not any of the supports for the ride and were only using the Scrambler`s queue and not the ride area like last year, for the line for House of Darkness.

True, usually they remove everything but the base. I don't know why it was done differently this year.

Then again, Maurine said, "The park is not planning to remove any other rides for the new ride". So they could remove anything else they wanted in all reality. I'd hate to see the Scrambler go too.

yeah... it doesn't! I've been to the website atleast 150 times, so I should know.

The web site does not list all of the rides. Its great you been to the web site but has anyone been to the park? I think PCW had a Scrambler at one time. I don't know myself I have not been to PCW before.

yeah... it doesn't! I've been to the website atleast 150 times, so I should know.

The web site does not list all of the rides. Its great you been to the web site but has anyone been to the park? I think PCW had a Scrambler at one time. I don't know myself I have not been to PCW before.

I'm a season passholder at PCW,

I am at the park over 20 times per season, and trust me there isn't a scrambler there.

Whether there was at some point, not that I remember. I'm 20 now and have been going since my early childhood, and I don't ever recall seeing one at Wonderland.

I know SFDL does have one however.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As with last year, the park has dismanteled part of the Scrambler to get a head start on the winter maintenance.  It is not leaving PKI.  I too find it odd that they had only removed the cars and not any of the supports for the ride and were only using the Scrambler`s queue and not the ride area like last year, for the line for House of Darkness.

The reason they took so much of the scrambler apart last year is because the entire ride got painted, It didnt this year. The ride area was used for the line of the haunted house this year as well. It was in my ride grouping before they shut it down.

The Scrambler isn't going anywhere, in fact, according to one of the owners of Stricker's Grove, the state of Ohio ordered modifications to be made to update all Scramblers in the state. I forget the modifications that were required, but PKI refurbished their scrambler after last season. It isn't going any where. It usually has a pretty decent line and compared to rides like the Eagles and Drop Zone, it is somewhat of a high capacity ride.

The Scrambler isn't going anywhere, in fact, according to one of the owners of Stricker's Grove, the state of Ohio ordered modifications to be made to update all Scramblers in the state. I forget the modifications that were required, but PKI refurbished their scrambler after last season. It isn't going any where. It usually has a pretty decent line and compared to rides like the Eagles and Drop Zone, it is somewhat of a high capacity ride.

Finally, he makes sense. stupid.gif

I do know that PKI added seatbelts to their Scrambler a couple of years ago after someone was killed on a Scrambler because they stood up and were thrown from their car, and then killed when other cars hit them. However, having worked at Coney island on their Scrambler numerous times this past season, Coney`s does not have seatbelts, and has not had any modifications the entire time I worked at Coney (2002-2004). I`m assuming the seatbelt issue was a PKI decision, probably based on part on insurance, and not a madate by the Ohio Department of Agriculture, Rides Safety Division.

• 1 month later...

Finally, he makes sense. stupid.gif

Finally lol. I dont think its going anywhere but as someone said earlier, take scrambler so we can have the eagles back but o well