New Aerials from opening weekend

KICentral is taking to the sky's once more with new aerials of Kings Island. Highlights include general overviews Photos include general overviews of the park and the mystery construction at Swan Lake. Check them out here.

Cheers,

-Gabriel

Drop Zone looks plane wimpy from up here!

It does kinda look like those big sugar straws you get in the shops.

The new construction at Swan Lake does look intriguing, although I liked the trees and landscaping that broke up the concrete jungle. I hope this doesn't become a trend. I know you can't build new rides without expanding beyond the current footprint of the park, but total deforestation of the area would be a shame.

Gabe,

Thanks once again for doing this. The aerial shots that you take are always some of my favorite Kings Island photos to look at. Your efforts are appreciated.

As a side note...is it possible that the clearing behind SOB is (finally) the start of the long missed campground?! (I can only hope.)

Thanks again,

J.D.

Great pics! I can only imagine how much it costs to fly these days. Thanks for the effort!

It's sad to see all of the cleared land behind Son of Beast. Every year they clear out more and more trees. Like an aging guy going bald. Sad.

I'm not sure if there have been more trees cleared out or not, it could be that it looks to be cleared out because the foilage has not grown completely in yet. But if there have been trees taken out I'm sure it is for good reason. I can't imagine anyone putting in the work to take out trees in the middle of nowhere without a reason.

As a side note...is it possible that the clearing behind SOB is (finally) the start of the long missed campground?! (I can only hope.)

I had noticed that on my trip last Saturday. Does anyone know what's going on back there? I thought I saw what looked like tram cars back there. (That is, in the few seconds I could see anything while on SOB.)

That area out behind Son of Beast is some what of a graveyard for old park relics. I believe that the parts from Scooby`s Ghoster Coaster, as well as the former Jetson`s Jet Orbiter (Chance helicopter ride, that used to reside right in front of Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle), parking trams, and various other objects are stored out there.

Another boneyard at Kings Island is located over near the picnic groves. In that boneyard they have the cars that were removed from Phantom Theater when it became Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle (they removed every other car). They also have a lot of the former push carts that the park used to use out over in that boneyard area as well.

That area out behind Son of Beast is some what of a graveyard for old park relics. I believe that the parts from Scooby`s Ghoster Coaster, as well as the former Jetson`s Jet Orbiter (Chance helicopter ride, that used to reside right in front of Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle), parking trams, and various other objects are stored out there.

Another boneyard at Kings Island is located over near the picnic groves. In that boneyard they have the cars that were removed from Phantom Theater when it became Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle (they removed every other car). They also have a lot of the former push carts that the park used to use out over in that boneyard area as well.

Aha. Good to know. It was kind of hard to get a real good look at anything whilst on SoB. Thanks.

A campground right next to the Son of Beast. That isn't something I want to wake up to in the morning.

At the old campground one of the best sounds in the morning was the horn that signaled that they were testing Topgun...it was always nice to hear that.

KICentral is taking to the sky's once more with new aerials of Kings Island. Highlights include general overviews Photos include general overviews of the park and the mystery construction at Swan Lake. Check them out here.

Cheers,

-Gabriel

Thanks for the aerials!