Does Kings Island have this merchandise service?

Rollercoast19

Hello,

I was looking at the Hard Rock Park website and I saw a great service that they perform. When you buy merchandise, you can have it held, and they will deliver it to one of the shops in the front of the park. That way, when you are leaving the park, you can pick up your merchandise and leave.

I think this is great especially if you bought a lot (and you don't want to lug all those bags around), or if you bought something fragile.

I was wondering if Kings Island offered a similar service. I do understand you could just put your merchandise in a locker, but then you have to make sure not to lose the key.

I believe that service is not currently offered at Kings Island.

However, it used to be offered at the park. I know they offered this service at the original WinterFest. When you purchased items, you could leave your name with the purchased merchandise. Then when you were ready to leave the park for the day, you could pick up your purchased merchandise on the way out of the park.

I believe that service is not currently offered at Kings Island.

However, it used to be offered at the park. I know they offered this service at the original WinterFest. When you purchased items, you could leave your name with the purchased merchandise. Then when you were ready to leave the park for the day, you could pick up your purchased merchandise on the way out of the park.

It actually was a service that started in either 1985 or 1986. It was part of the service excellence program. The idea was to meet whatever reasonable expectations that a guest had.

And it was a free service, as it still is at most Six Flags....they move the merchandise to a shop near the front of the park, and you pick it up on your way out of the park.

Of course it's a free service. You're buying a product from the park. Why would it not be free to have them keep it for you in a location until you're ready to go?

I was going to weigh in on this a couple days ago but held off because I feel that at times if we say something negative about the park even if it’s constructive or stating ones own opinion, then some members take it to heart and seem to be upset from hearing something negative about the park.

I was also going to weigh in on this topic in my trip report but felt that this subject would come up at some point and I would then speak on the subject as well as give my families personal experiences with the merchandise courtesy hold.

On opening day I went to the stroller locker rental to see if I could get a full seasonal locker so that we could put purchases in leave jackets, souvenir cups, towels and so forth at the park we left the park. I was told Kings Island was not offering that service this year and they moved those lockers to the Firehawk area to be used as short term lockers. Shortly afterwards and with-in the hour my wife went into the shops and bought a few items and was handed a bag, my wife asked can you hold this for me or send it to guest relations and the answer was sorry Kings Island does not offer that service and did not offer the locker/stroller drop-off option. So we left the store and my wife gave me a look like what did she just do, then said I don’t want to carry this all day I wish I didn’t buy this now! At this point (being budget minded) I smiled to myself and said Yes! Knowing that in the future she will think before she buys, if she wants to carry the bag around. I should have offered to take the bag back to the car or rented a locker for her but I thought no I will not offer that and maybe next time she won’t spend so much at the shops.

I was not mad or upset with Kings Island policy for not holding merchandise for guests but thought it was odd and thought to myself if Cedar Fair wants to bring up guests per caps spending then this should be offered and promoted, especially during the early hours of the parks opening.

Disney offers to send your packages to the front of the park for pick-up on your way out for no charge. If you are staying at one of their resorts they offer to send your packages to your Resort gift shop for no charge and most shops offer to send your packages to your home for you at a minimum charge. We used every one of those services on or last trip and I know that my wife thought Kings Island would at least offer to hold her package for her.

If I had a season long locker this would have solved our buying merchandise problem, but as it stands now with Kings Islands merchandise policy I will not tell the wife that Kings Island will hold it for $5.00 (to expensive) or offer to run back to the car for her, I’ll just let her assume she’ll haft to carry the bags. Mean I know but at least I won’t haft to walk back to the car and I will save money this way.

I hope Kings Island will at least look at this matter more as a perk to buying merchandise customers.

I was going to weigh in on this a couple days ago but held off because I feel that at times if we say something negative about the park even if it’s constructive or stating ones own opinion, then some members take it to heart and seem to be upset from hearing something negative about the park.

I was also going to weigh in on this topic in my trip report but felt that this subject would come up at some point and I would then speak on the subject as well as give my families personal experiences with the merchandise courtesy hold.

On opening day I went to the stroller locker rental to see if I could get a full seasonal locker so that we could put purchases in leave jackets, souvenir cups, towels and so forth at the park we left the park. I was told Kings Island was not offering that service this year and they moved those lockers to the Firehawk area to be used as short term lockers. Shortly afterwards and with-in the hour my wife went into the shops and bought a few items and was handed a bag, my wife asked can you hold this for me or send it to guest relations and the answer was sorry Kings Island does not offer that service and did not offer the locker/stroller drop-off option. So we left the store and my wife gave me a look like what did she just do, then said I don’t want to carry this all day I wish I didn’t buy this now! At this point (being budget minded) I smiled to myself and said Yes! Knowing that in the future she will think before she buys, if she wants to carry the bag around. I should have offered to take the bag back to the car or rented a locker for her but I thought no I will not offer that and maybe next time she won’t spend so much at the shops.

I was not mad or upset with Kings Island policy for not holding merchandise for guests but thought it was odd and thought to myself if Cedar Fair wants to bring up guests per caps spending then this should be offered and promoted, especially during the early hours of the parks opening.

Disney offers to send your packages to the front of the park for pick-up on your way out for no charge. If you are staying at one of their resorts they offer to send your packages to your Resort gift shop for no charge and most shops offer to send your packages to your home for you at a minimum charge. We used every one of those services on or last trip and I know that my wife thought Kings Island would at least offer to hold her package for her.

If I had a season long locker this would have solved our buying merchandise problem, but as it stands now with Kings Islands merchandise policy I will not tell the wife that Kings Island will hold it for $5.00 (to expensive) or offer to run back to the car for her, I’ll just let her assume she’ll haft to carry the bags. Mean I know but at least I won’t haft to walk back to the car and I will save money this way.

I hope Kings Island will at least look at this matter more as a perk to buying merchandise customers.

I just can't imagine that they don't offer that service any more.

Maybe I'm out of touch as I don't really buy a lot of things at most parks as I've been to many multiple times.

Hearing a couple reports, though, it seems to be true.

Who wants to carry a bunch of souvenirs all day at a park?

Ohhhh, solution is.... Don't buy souvenirs?

So you can kinda do something like that. Last year when I worked there we did it for the really nice people, cause we weren't supposed to, but we did. but sometimes if you ask really nicely they will arrange it for you.

I'd be VERY careful about that. I can only imagine Cedar Fair's reaction if/when a guest claims that all the items they purchased are not accounted for...with some missing...true or not.

So you can kinda do something like that. Last year when I worked there we did it for the really nice people, cause we weren't supposed to, but we did. but sometimes if you ask really nicely they will arrange it for you.

I'd be VERY careful about that. I can only imagine Cedar Fair's reaction if/when a guest claims that all the items they purchased are not accounted for...with some missing...true or not.

Thats why we were very cautious with it and we only did it for really nice people.....and we explained how we are not supposed to be doing it, but I was one of the few who actually did it.

The store associate was very nice as well as we where as well with her even after she over charged our purchase by $15.00 and had to void the sale and credit my credit card, I assume from first day jitters. I could tell she wanted to help but was somewhat skittish about it, so I did not push it.

Honestly I just wish it was a service that was offered to us a as an appreciation for buying merchandise early.

Thanks Ki4life08 – as you can see in my Avatar we come as a family and at my age I don’t want to go up to the register and hope that they will offer the service to be nice or feel like I’m to cheap to pay $5.00 for the service. But thanks for letting me know.

At Kings Island, as Bavarian Beetle noted, they will happily charge you five dollars to check your package for you...you carry it to the locker place, they store it, and they charge you five dollars for the high privilege. Sigh.

You will note, mine was a simply factual report. When it comes to my opinion of that particular CF policy, I remember what my mother always told me: "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"

Its funny that SIX flags offers the service and everyone complains that they try to nickel and dime you. They are starting to look better and better. Free Wi-fi at SFMM. Free Cell phone charging. Free merch holding service. I think some of those things can really help from a customer service perspective.

Its funny that SIX flags offers the service and everyone complains that they try to nickel and dime you. They are starting to look better and better. Free Wi-fi at SFMM. Free Cell phone charging. Free merch holding service. I think some of those things can really help from a customer service perspective.

Cell phone charging is only free at Great Adventure. At the other parks, I hear it is two dollars for fifteen minutes. And what about Six Flags' locker policy?

See:

Jeers: To the largest overpriced amusement park in Arlington for charging $1 this year for a locker to hold its $14 "souvenir cups" each time you board a major ride. The point of buying the cups is to save money with the $1 refill. What bargain is it to pay a buck 15 to 20 times a day?

-- Jane Williams, Arlington

http://www.star-telegram.com/opinions/chee...ory/620585.html

And don't forget $15 for parking (and up). Or $50+ flash passes.