Cool things to do at KI...

Young Gunz

My friends and I were talking about cool things that we've never gotten to do at KI but would be really cool to do. We came up with a list and I wanted to know what you guys would also think would be awesome to do at KI. Check all that you like!

I can honestly say that I've ridden many rides late into the night with some of the enthusiast events and I've ridden them WAY too early doing TV filmings. However, I've never actually spent the night in the park. That'd be a heck of a camp out. lol

Camping in the park would be so cool. Kind of like camping on the infield of a NASCAR track, which I've done many times. Walking out of a camper or tent and seeing the track, grandstands, etc. in a silent sunrise was always awesome. Waking up to coasters and silent rides in the early morning fog in the summer would be even better.

Six Flags Great Adventure is having a camp out in the park for Dark Knight's opening. And charging for it, and how: $124.99. And you aren't ALLOWED to leave the park during the night, except in an emergency:

Campout Under The Dark Knight Coaster Event

Six Flags will host a campout event for the chance to be the first riders on our new attraction: The Dark Knight Coaster! Through a park-wide scavenger hunt and trivia session the evening of May 14, Six Flags Great Adventure will determine who our first 8 riders will be. The overnight package will include:

• Parking into the theme park

• A ticket to the private sleep over event

• Snacks and breakfast

• The Dark Knight movie t-shirt

• A chance to be the first riders on The Dark Knight Coaster

• An invite to the 2008 The Dark Knight Media Event

• A ticket to enjoy the park after the Media Event

• A special ticket for a private dinner and show with Jim Breuer and the Jersey Jokesters with a special appearance by Joe Piscopo the evening of the Media Event.

Package Price - $124.99 and a portion of the proceeds goes to The Boys and Girls Club.

What to bring:

• Sleeping bag and soft bedding…ground is concrete

• Tents are allowed or you can sleep right under the stars

• Toiletries – restroom, sinks and water available (no showers.)

• Warm clothes

• Flashlight

• Sneakers

• Snacks and drinks optional (This will be the only time you can bring food in the park…enjoy it while it lasts!)

What NOT to bring:

Anything expensive!

No open burn permitted…grills, campfires, etc. (So bring lots of blankets to keep warm)

No glass bottles

Rules of Participation:

• Must be 18 or accompanied by an adult or legal guardian

• Payment is required prior to event

• Parties who are registered must be checked in between 7:30 – 8:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 14 and stay until Thursday – no leaving the property or designated areas.

• All campers will be subject to a safety inspection

• All campers must sign a hold harmless agreement

• Six Flags is NOT responsible for any personal items that are lost, stolen or broken…so limit what you bring.

Directions and further detail will be emailed to you after you register approximately four days before the event.

Well, I've slept over night at the park.

Been there many times at 4:30am doing set up as well.

When I was morning person set up, used to go set up the stands and then to softball. Would finish softball, shower in the dressing rooms and pick up money bags from the cage and then off to work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TombraiderTy
I'd really like an exclusive ability to live in The International Restaurant and work for KI's marketing department. Heck, I'd walk to work everyday. :lol:

If I could have my own little "apartment" at the park, it'd be above the LaRosa's in Rivertown. I believe there's a staff lounge up there with a staircase leading to the top from outside. Each morning you could walk down and be the first rider on The Beast :)

For a while i thought that there was some apartments in the middle of Mean Streak but i found out for myself there was none. I think it would be cool to have some beside Vortex in behind there and live up there all summer and work at the park a couple of days a week.

If I could have my own little "apartment" at the park, it'd be above the LaRosa's in Rivertown. I believe there's a staff lounge up there with a staircase leading to the top from outside. Each morning you could walk down and be the first rider on The Beast :)

I worked for the security dept. for KI (then PKI) in 1998. I was in the gates division so third shift in the park was every three weeks. There is an apartment above the LaRosa's. It still has that 60s/70s look to the decor (at least it did 10 years ago). The LaRosa's family has a lifetime lease on it and can stay there anytime they want to. The glassblowers also have a lifetime lease in the park.

The park is VERY quiet at night and is "spooky" in some places. Driving the little 3 speed golf cart down the dirt road by The Beast at night sent chills. You always had the feeling something or someone was watching you. Maybe it was high EMFs or maybe not.

Many people have slept at the park. Some were allowed and others were not. There was one guy who had been kicked out by his g/f and was living at the park. He managed to dodge security for several days but they finally found his hiding spot. That was right before I started working there.

All in all it was a great place to work and a really fun department to work in. We got to see areas of the park that most of the public will never see. If you REALLY want to spend a night at KI work for the security department/gates.