Tips/Ideas Needed

IheartKI

I have a season pass this year. It's the first one that I've had for a long time. Don't get me wrong, I love the food at KI, but it's a butt load of money! Does anyone have any tips on what they do in order to save money on food?!?!?! Do ya'll pack a picnic and eat at the car? I really don't like doing that since I have a three-year-old and a two-year-old, and a 7 month old :) I thought about packing a cooler, and sitting it by those giant umbrella tables near the season pass processing...and not having to go to the car...but then I thought security would take it, or it would get stolen...please let me know any tips you might have on saving money on food :)

PS: Here's a tip I have! If your not too germ phobic: Check out the parking lot after closing for the souvenier cups! People are always losing them/throwing them out! Just take them home and bleach them really good, and give them a good cleaning! Next time, you can fill it up for $3...and not have to spend the $7.44 to buy the initial one :)

I don't know if this will still work but me and my friends when we would go sometimes we would get the girls to put food in their bags. As long as in your bag you don't have any metal and it dosn't go off passing through the detector, they shouldn't check it, but even if they do they normally only take a quick glance at it. We've gotten all sorts of good stuff like girl scout cookies and snack food inside the park which definantly beats paying for food there. But if you don't feel comfortable doing that one thing we do to keep the cost down is get a big order of whatever it is we are getting and split it, which requires everyone eating the same thing, which i don't know how realistic that is since you have little ones. Also some people don't know this but you can get cups of water free of charge if you tell them you want a cup of water, better than paying 3 bucks for bottled water or a small soda. Hope this helps some.

Thanks! That does help! I went Friday and they did have to check my diaper bag, but she just looked in there, and didn't go through it! So I'm thinking next time I go, I'll bring some food in with me! I think on the official website it says no food or drink allowed! But how could they stop you from brining in water!?!? I thought I'd just tell them it was for my daughter's formula! Even though she is breastfed only :)

Any tips on a good spot to nurse a baby?!?!? I think I'll probably go to the lost parents/children station to nurse, but if you know of any other spots I'll take all the help I can get :)

Well, park rules are NO food or drink to be brought into the park (unless for a documented medical or religious reasons). If they were to catch you sneaking food in, they could confiscate that food.

I know on opening day, I heard the security guards talking about "no food" to be admitted with any guests or in any bags.

And come on, picking up someone elses discarded souvenir cup? I know drink and food prices at Kings Island may be high, but that is bordering on ludicrous!

...And come on, picking up someone elses discarded souvenir cup? I know drink and food prices at Kings Island may be high, but that is bordering on ludicrous!

If you look carefully, you could probably find half consumed Cokes left on tables, with ice still in them! Think of the money you could save. Add a half eaten hamburger, a few left over fries....

The tables behind the funnel cake shop in Rivertown are usually pretty isolated and private. You can also sneak back by the old Flight Commender/Zodiac queue behind Speed Pitch in Coney..... And, probably the best, behind the curtains in those little photo booths (just don't get your picture taken...LOL).

Actually, I kind of look at getting the souvenier cup as kind of a way to beat the system, and save $7.44 :) ha ha!

Now that we're on the topic of the "security guards" I just have to say this...does anyone really take a 17 year-old "security guard" serious? I mean, just because KI dresses them up in these fancy prancy "cop" costumes...doesn't make them law enforcement. The girl that checked my diaper bag was probably the size of my husband's leg, and she was probably 18 at the oldest... I was waiting in line for The Beast on Friday while it was broken down...the crowd was getting a little wild, and along comes this puny little guy, no older then 20 probably, walking up the exit in his costume :) It was more hilarious then it was intimidating!! BA-HA!

I pretty much equate KI security guards to the mall security...only the mall security guards probably are getting paid more :)

...And come on, picking up someone elses discarded souvenir cup? I know drink and food prices at Kings Island may be high, but that is bordering on ludicrous!

If you look carefully, you could probably find half consumed Cokes left on tables, with ice still in them! Think of the money you could save. Add a half eaten hamburger, a few left over fries....

Or you could pick them out of the trash..........In my humble opinion, I'll spend the 7 dollars as opposed to drinking a stranger's backwash...... :)

OMG! That is great advice! I never thought of that :) Thanks! ha ha!

Now that we're on the topic of the "security guards" I just have to say this...does anyone really take a 17 year-old "security guard" serious? I mean, just because KI dresses them up in these fancy prancy "cop" costumes...doesn't make them law enforcement. The girl that checked my diaper bag was probably the size of my husband's leg, and she was probably 18 at the oldest... I was waiting in line for The Beast on Friday while it was broken down...the crowd was getting a little wild, and along comes this puny little guy, no older then 20 probably, walking up the exit in his costume :) It was more hilarious then it was intimidating!! BA-HA!

I pretty much equate KI security guards to the mall security...only the mall security guards probably are getting paid more :)

Believe me, Kings Island`s security is not just like the puny "mall security." They have those uniforms to make them look official, yes. But they also go through extensive training, and are trained how to handle situations that arise in amusement parks. Trust me, from working at Coney, you`d be surprised how often fights happen, especially after people have had a few too many expensive beers. They know how to diffuse testy situations. And if they can`t handle it themselves, Kings Island has its own Police force which has the ability to arrest people.

And, since Kings Island falls under the jurisdiction of the city of Mason, you may often find Mason Police officers in the parking lot patrolling. Sometimes, they are even inside the park patrolling!

And on the subject of breastfeeding, I believe that you can visit the Baby Care Center in Nickelodeon Universe (across from Chik-Fil-A, and they have places for you to breast feed in a more private environment.

And on the subject of breastfeeding, I believe that you can visit the Baby Care Center in Nickelodeon Universe (across from Chik-Fil-A, and they have places for you to breast feed in a more private environment.

Yeah, I was thinking about that place! I'll have to make sure I remember that when it's time to feed :)

I know your right about the security guards...it just cracks me up the outfits they make them wear, and the fact that they are so tiny, and young :)

I guess when you are waiting in line for more than an hour, you start to think about those things! ha ha!

There are those who are designated as "security" and those who are designated as "Kings Island Police" . The ones who are "police" are absolutely REAL!!! police officers who have been through the police academy and have the same training and authority as any other police officer in the State of Ohio.

There are those who are designated as "security" and those who are designated as "Kings Island Police" . The ones who are "police" are absolutely REAL!!! police officers who have been through the police academy and have the same training and authority as any other police officer in the State of Ohio.

and that is true regardless of their size. Contrary to popular belief, there is no law or regulation that requires law enforcement officers to be huge, heavy set older bruisers who know the location of the nearest donut shop.

Actually I think it would cut the crap down more if they had a few big bruisers in a black t-shirt that look like bouncers. I've seen security be laughed at by groups of kids when they get caught. A few big burly people would make trouble makers think twice.

As for lunch there has been MANY times I brought a PB&J with me. I go get a cup of water and go eat. Security has seen me and just commented that it had to be better than what the park serves.

Actually, I kind of look at getting the souvenier cup as kind of a way to beat the system, and save $7.44 :) ha ha!

My recommendation is give Kings Island's security a try.

One of the men that set up Kings Islands security was later wooed by Walt Disney World because of his skill.

KI Security has never been anything to sneeze at.

I remember back in the KECO days that they prided themselves that they never had to do announcements over the PA system as they could locate someone with their officers faster than they could with an announcement.

and that is true regardless of their size. Contrary to popular belief, there is no law or regulation that requires law enforcement officers to be huge, heavy set older bruisers who know the location of the nearest donut shop.

And it's very true. I know some guys that look like I could break them like a twig but could kick my butt in 30 seconds flat.