Top five things you'd like to bring back/change

IheartKI

1) The Flying Scooters-originally from CI ca.1920's...

Kings Island's Flying Scooters, known as the Flying Eagles, did come from Coney Island of Ohio. A ten tub Bisch Rocco set of Flying Skooters, they were produced in 1935. Various sources indicate they were installed in either 1935, 1936 or even 1940. See, for instance, the year 1940 here:

http://coneyisland.KICentral.com/timeline.php

The Carowinds website says 1935:

http://www.carowinds.com/attractions/detail.cfm?ai_id=293

In any event, they certainly were not there in the 1920's...

And are sadly missed now....

Thanks, I thoght the Flying Scooters came in with tht Flying Spaceship.

That was in the 20's.

pilotank

Change?

Destruction/Land Decisions:

1. Not put TRTR right next to The Beast but back some to allow for more expansion

2. Not put Firehawk right next to FoF but back some to allow for more expansion

3. Not put in SoB.

4. Not taken out King Cobra for Delirium but placed Delirium on SoB's land

5. Not taken out Antique Cars and Eagles for IJST but placed IJST by Delirium on SoB's land

*EDIT*

Added map...

map.jpg

Ditto. New rides and attractions should not be added at the expense of existing rides and attractions.

The top 5 things that I would change or bring back are the following:

1. The Smurfs Enchanted Voyage

2. The Skyride

3. The Antique Cars ( I would make them electric )

4. Wild Animal Habitat, and all related shows

5. Unique dining experiences. Not mostly restaurant brands that you can find anywhere.

I so agree about the unique dining experiences!!!! Although Graeter's ROCKS, and Starbucks and Cinnabon are great, I can go to my local mall for all of those!?!?! Has anyone made it to the "Wings Buffet" yet? Wondered how that was?!?!?

Here's a blast from the past for you: 1) The Wonderbread bakery that made the minature loafs of Wonder bread on International St.

2) The Cincinnati Reds store in Rivertown..(think it's where they make antique photos now)

3) The singing mushrooms

4 ) I loved the African theming with the roped bridges where Action Zone is now

5) The trams in the parking lot...and maybe the double decker buses

Wow, CoastersNSich sure seems to favor electrically powered rides! I did think the antique cars smelled horrible though.

Does KI seriously have a cinnebon now??? What?!

I never thought it smelled bad, but the vibration in my feet after I got out of the car is what got to me.

1. Lion Country Safari

2. Enchanted Voyage

3. King Cobra

4. Attention to Detail

5. Original International Street

Out of your list I think only 4 and 5 could be done now days. Which would not be a bad thing if you think about it.

2. Sky Ride (hasn't cable car technology improved since 1975?);

Not really, but it's even more true that guest behavior (spitting, throwing things, etc.) has not improved since 1975....

....1- rename the odd coaster to Beastie....

Why not to Scooby Doo?

...4- less brakes on The Beast....

The Beast has no more brakes on it today than it did its opening season. If you mean bring back the old skid brakes, it ain't gonna happen.

Since this this thread is a question of opinion I would have to say The Beastie since this was the the name the first time I rode it. Also you know what I meant by the brakes on The Beast, and no one ever said they would change anything posted in here. Forget it all!!!

No, don't forget it all... I just wondered why you said what you did...this is a discussion board, after all! :)

Cedar Fair says they listen...and you never know what might happen! :)

Since this this thread is a question of opinion I would have to say The Beastie since this was the the name the first time I rode it. Also you know what I meant by the brakes on The Beast, and no one ever said they would change anything posted in here. Forget it all!!!

No, don't forget it all... I just wondered why you said what you did...this is a discussion board, after all! :)

Cedar Fair says they listen...and you never know what might happen! :)

Hmmmm, I can't find the thread with what CF said.

But if memory serves right, it said that they take surveys in which the questions are crafted to obtain the answers that they're looking for.

Well, at least that's the summarized version.

That's what Mr. Kinzel recently said...that they ask leading questions during research...

http://www.ohio.com/news/ap?articleID=524294&c=y

Q: How do you know what guests want?

A: We take surveys every day in all of our parks. At the end of the year, we compare all of the parks. We ask leading questions that help us in our decision making. They'll let you know if they're paying too much or if they've had a bad day.

That's what Mr. Kinzel recently said...that they ask leading questions during research...

http://www.ohio.com/news/ap?articleID=524294&c=y

Q: How do you know what guests want?

A: We take surveys every day in all of our parks. At the end of the year, we compare all of the parks. We ask leading questions that help us in our decision making. They'll let you know if they're paying too much or if they've had a bad day.

Yeah, I swear there was a whole thread about this article.

I'm not able to find it in the search function.

Mr. Kinzel said a lot of inappropriate things in the article.

Edit:

Never mind, it's here.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...101&hl=hold