Top five things you'd like to bring back/change

IheartKI

I wish that Octoberfest was more themed...there is nothing there besides the Festhaus that is octoberfest-related. I guess the Viking Ship is there, but is that supposed to be part of octoberfest? I have a question about the water garden area...it used to be the "Paramount Story" but what was the original purpose of that area? Was it the Beer Garden? And did they sell beer there?

• 4 weeks later...
Change?

Destruction/Land Decisions:

1. Not put TRTR right next to The Beast but back some to allow for more expansion

2. Not put Firehawk right next to FoF but back some to allow for more expansion

3. Not put in SoB.

4. Not taken out King Cobra for Delirium but placed Delirium on SoB's land

5. Not taken out Antique Cars and Eagles for IJST but placed IJST by Delirium on SoB's land

*EDIT*

Added map...

Good call. You know what I don't understand...Kings Island owns hundreds of acres of land. However, instead of building upon the land that lies behind The Beast and such that is UNTOUCHED, they want to remove popular rides (Antique Cars for example) and build stuff in their spot (BLSC)...what kind of crap is that?

First, "they" was Paramount. They have left the building, and the land.

Second, much of the undeveloped land is undeveloped for good reason. It is very expensive to build on most of it, and impossible to build on parts of it.

Third, it is far less expensive to rebuild in a developed area than to build in a pristine area, unserved by utilities, etc.

First, "they" was Paramount. They have left the building, and the land.

Second, much of the undeveloped land is undeveloped for good reason. It is very expensive to build on most of it, and impossible to build on parts of it.

Third, it is far less expensive to rebuild in a developed area than to build in a pristine area, unserved by utilities, etc.

I don't doubt that it is much less expensive to rebuild in a developed area....What I'm saying is, they would bring in more people (read: more money) if they expanded the park (where they can) rather than removing attractions that people LIKE to put other ones in their place. That's all...I'm not saying it would be easy...or even feasible in some areas....but it would make people HAPPY - and isn't that what an "amusement" park is all about?

While the overall capacity of the park would be more if they expanded into undeveloped areas, that alone would not mean that they would bring in more people for the entire year.

Additionally, while they might bring in more people for the season, they would also incur more costs. The more rides you have operating, the more your operational costs will be. You have more ride operators who are on the clock at any given time, meaning that some of the increased money that you bring in is not merely going right to the profit category. There are several costs associated with more rides (including the above mentioned personnel, but that list also included insurance, maintenance, and utilities).

Guest kwindshawne
The only decision I see as completely bone-headed was removing the Flying Eagles for a.....drumroll..

BASKETBALL GAME? WHat the hell was that for? Puh-leeze

Amen!!! Don't even get me started on the problems that little attraction has brought.

....or the incredible profit levels it has brought. That little attraction has been duplicated in nearly every major theme park in the country. There is a reason.

There are many things that are profitable.

Here in Atlanta, Strip Clubs turn a tidey profit.

But you know, I don't think that SF is interested in adding any Strip Clubs soon.

(Not Even At Halloween!)

I don't doubt that it is much less expensive to rebuild in a developed area....What I'm saying is, they would bring in more people (read: more money) if they expanded the park (where they can) rather than removing attractions that people LIKE to put other ones in their place. That's all...I'm not saying it would be easy...or even feasible in some areas....but it would make people HAPPY - and isn't that what an "amusement" park is all about?

If expanding the park would result in more people, that would mean that KI has an issue with their current capacity.

Now I ask you, how often do the entry gates shut down due to capacity issues?

There are many things that are profitable.

Here in Atlanta, Strip Clubs turn a tidey profit.

But you know, I don't think that SF is interested in adding any Strip Clubs soon.

(Not Even At Halloween!)

But I can think of a few of my friends who would rather spend their dollar bills there if they did, rather than at the lockers in front of their coasters! :lol:

• 9 years later...

BUMP

In light of recent events I thought I'd put in my thoughts

1. Antique Cars- One of the original gems of KI replaced with mini coopers.
  2. Train Theming- I never got to see what the train theming was like in its prime, even with the addition of the water park
  3. King Cobra- Enthusiasts might love or hate them, but a lot of the GP missed the Cobra. I've never ridden a standup but I've heard that the smaller ones are more rideable than the larger ones
  4. Backwards Racer- My first "big" roller coaster ride and it was backwards! Maybe I'm a little biased.
  5. Screamin Demon- It was cool how the park brought back The Bat. It would be cool if a new coaster was named to the since deceased Demon, especially with the presence of a Banshee and a Bat.
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

^ really, it would make a lot of sense to retheme Invertigo as the Demon, especially being in the same area as Banshee and Bat. 

That is true, since both were shuttle coasters and they're relatively close. 

I always thought Drop Tower would be repainted and renamed Demon drop but I'd prefer the Demon to return in the form of a Dive Coaster per personal preference. 

Demon final.jpg

• Like 3

1. Themed music for each area of the park - especially after having seen it done so fantastically at WinterFest
  2. Antique Cars - After going to Cedar Point and my daughter wanting to ride this ride endlessly, I truly see the appeal of bringing this back, even with gas costs
  3. A good dark ride - Doesn't have to be Enchanted Voyage or Phantom Theater, just something worth going and sitting down and getting to enjoy a nice calm "adventure"... Boo Blasters is just an eye sore nowadays honestly
  4. KI & MV Railroad Theming - There is so much potential with the train ride it is sad how much it gets overlooked and has slowly rotted away over the years from what it used to be. I had high hopes for it with WinterFest returning but even then the theme for the ride wasn't more than putting up some lights. The train ride at Cedar Point blows it away with theming and is still able to be used as a transportation utility to get from one end of the park to the other.
  5. Trams - I feel these were such a good gesture from the park for guests attending that may not be able to walk long distances. It doesn't even need to be the old gas powered trams, get in some type of electric powered trolley and/or street car would be good with me.
  • Like 7

1. Antique Cars - They are a nice change of pace from the regular rides and something that the whole family can do.  I hope at some point they bring them back.

2. Different themed music throughout the different lands

3. Scrooge at the top of the Festhaus shouting down to the passersby during Winterfest

4. Additional flat rides (more flats that can run year-round will only help with the success of Winterfest)

5. Train Theming - It was nice hearing a spiel-less train ride last night.  Additional faux buildings and scenes to look at would help as well.

• Like 4

Demon would rock....as a name change..

Move if possdible congo falls to water park..

Would love ti see...

Oktober fest theming 

A few flats one a apinning barrel for Oktoberfest 

A year round big wheel

A ki hotel

A year round restaurant w mrs knotts chicken

Dark rides..

• Like 2

My wife is not a fan of most amusement parks.  I know I know.    One thing she points out is places like Dollywood are nice because the music is nice throughout the park.  If KI went to better themed music throughout the park it would appeal to people like her who only go to take the kids.  It would be a better experience and get more repeat business.  

• Like 4

1. KI & MV Railroad Theming as mentioned by other people. It's way overdue, and it needs to be changed up from the bear jokes. Something like Cedar Point's train would be fantastic. 

2. More flat rides in Coney Mall. They should add a new flat in that vacant spot near WindSeeker.

3. Antique Cars.

4. An addition to Oktoberfest. A Ferris wheel, a wild mouse, or some sort of small flat. Something to go along with Adventure Express. 

5. Phantom Theater. I miss it a lot. Even though it freaked me out as a kid, but that means it did it's job.

• Like 2