Thrills, Smiles at Ohio's Megaparks

I like how that comparison chart listed KI's ticket price as $46 dollars (which is the price for the two day pass) and CP's as the single day pass of $43.

Also that there is no real transition between talking about CP to talking about KI...

Cedar Point opens Saturday. Its water park, Soak City, which has a separate admission charge, will open May 24.

With no new rides this season, the name of the game here for 2008 is change. Perhaps the biggest change involves the park's oldest roller coaster, a double-tracked ride called The Racer.

Other than that it was a pretty good article.

They are the same size but Cedar Point is running very low on room and we havent even developed half the park area.

Cedar Point is not even close to running out of room.

Brown, some of these rumors just never die.

I think that it's a losing battle.

I think we need to get our board resident pilot to fly over CP and prove it to folk.

They are the same size but Cedar Point is running very low on room and we havent even developed half the park area.

Cedar Point is not even close to running out of room.

Not disagreeing with you, as things can always be removed to make room and Cedar Point has shown they know how to design new attractions around pre-existing ones, but where exactly do they have wide open areas to build, or many free areas for that matter?

Not disagreeing with you, as things can always be removed to make room and Cedar Point has shown they know how to design new attractions around pre-existing ones, but where exactly do they have wide open areas to build, or many free areas for that matter?

They really don't need to have wide open areas to keep building things. When both Maxair and Skyhawk were erected, it was hard to imagine the area with the proposed ride. But the rides fit quite nicely. The same idea goes with MF, and TTD. CP has also had Demon Drop for sale for a few years now, and located close to DD is DT, a ride that has seen it's better days. That is my guess for a new large ride location

And as Intep mentioned, CP has plans to one day use the existing parking lot. CF owns a HUGE parcel of land right on Cleveland Rd. for future construction of a parking lot.

Think about this: Do you really believe that CF would not already have a plan in place for their flagship park? A park that they have spent $79,000,000 just in new coasters since 2000. Or are they just going to come out one day and say:"Sorry folks, can't install new rides at CP, we have run out of room." :rolleyes:

I don't see that happening.

EDIT- link did not work.

They could .. I mean if you think about it .. buy some other land on the ohio not the island and build a parking lot there and then a build like a tram system to take u from the park and to the parking lot

They could .. I mean if you think about it .. buy some other land on the ohio not the island and build a parking lot there and then a build like a tram system to take u from the park and to the parking lot

Did you miss this?

And as Intep mentioned, CP has plans to one day use the existing parking lot. CF owns a HUGE parcel of land right on Cleveland Rd. for future construction of a parking lot.