This years Gold Perks

Keysersoze

I have made it down to Kings Island twice so far this season and every time I'm there I make sure to ask for info on the gold perks, and if the little booklet is ready to go. Today I was told there won't be a booklet but a small little thing for each month. Well the one for May says, and I'll type this out word for word...

GOLD PASS SPEED LANE: May 31st - August 30th.

Every Saturday the first 1500 Gold Passholders to

stop by the Return Visit Booth on these days can

pick up a Gold Pass Speed Lane ticket day that will

allow them to speed past the lines on Delirium,

Drop Tower, Backlot Stuntcoaster, and Wild

Thornberry's River Adventure. Tickets are

distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Last year there was a speed lane for The Beast. If there isn't one this year I don't see myself going there ever on a Saturday, way too crowded for me.

Also I keep seeing something about us getting to bring someone with us at a discounted price with are pass. Anyone got a clue what that discount is and/or what days that is possible?

...and while I'm on the perk thing, I got a Platinum Pass and I plan on going up to Cedar Point during it's first week open, being I'm on vacation and I plan on taking avantage of the Joe Cool early ride times there, are passes give us those perks this year but does anyone know how that will work out, or do I just find out when I go to guess relations I mean guest relations up there the first time I head that way?

By the way, it was wonderful at the park today, seemed the crews on The Beast and Vortex where really fast and good.

One thing my friend notice, for a park that calls itself King's "Island" there sure doesn't seemed to be much water around! A lot of footers though!

Bring a friend for 9.99 days this year are Mother's Day and Father's Day for gold (and I presume Platinum) passholders.

And your Kings Island Platinum Pass gets the same home park benefits as a Cedar Point Platinum Pass, I am told. There is no longer a Joe Cool club. It was replaced by Point Perks. Note that Cedar Point's webpage talks of Cedar Fair Platinum Passes, NOT Cedar Point Platinum Passes:

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/admission...sses/prices.cfm

And your Kings Island Platinum Pass gets the same home park benefits as a Cedar Point Platinum Pass, I am told. There is no longer a Joe Cool club. It was replaced by Point Perks. Note that Cedar Point's webpage talks of Cedar Fair Platinum Passes, NOT Cedar Point Platinum Passes:

Ya I was told the same thing, But I know last year we still had to sign in if we were from another park, I'm just wondering if maybe by chance they did away with that time consuming worthless step and just let us get are card scanned like anyone else. It would seem to me in the world of computers, there computers at Cedar Point would be on the same page as the computers at Kings Island. Although last year I thought the same way and was quite amused with how out of step some parks were. I know it's gone now but I went to Geuaga Lake many times last year and it was never a computer used, they were in the dark ages!

That was because when Six Flags left, they took their computers with them...and Cedar Fair apparently did not install their own systems at Geauga Lake. With the Paramount Parks acquisition, there were some compatibility issues to be resolved. I am told the goal was to have seamless pass acceptance this year. I guess we will soon know if they succeeded. It was only in the past couple of years that Six Flags finally got this resolved chainwide...these things are far more complicated than they appear. The last time I went to Geauga Lake, they never did figure out to handle my Cedar Point pass, which at the time included Geauga...so they just waved me without me signing anything or even showing them my Cedar Point pass! :)

Vortex crew wasn't every fast when I rode today. 3 train operation and they were stacking like crazy. Also the crew was slow as heck checking the bars. If they can't run a 3 train operation without stacking every train, to me what is the point?

Bring a friend for 9.99 days this year are Mother's Day and Father's Day for gold (and I presume Platinum) passholders.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/admission...sses/prices.cfm

I heard that there are coupons you receive to use in the park (example: free refills on some beverages, etc.) when you purchase a gold pass......is that true?

GOLD PASS SPEED LANE: May 31st - August 30th.

Every Saturday the first 1500 Gold Passholders to

stop by the Return Visit Booth on these days can

pick up a Gold Pass Speed Lane ticket day that will

allow them to speed past the lines on Delirium,

Drop Tower, Backlot Stuntcoaster, and Wild

Thornberry's River Adventure. Tickets are

distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.

This further illustrates that CF doesn't know what they are doing with regards to season passes at KI. I understand that KI does not have resorts like CP, and that it is unlikely there will be an everday morning ERT, but even when they do provide a benefit...it's only for a limited number...and on rides which traditionally do not have the longest waits. No Beast, Son of Beast, or Firehawk?

I'm only one person, and I don't expect that every 'perk' will cater and benefit me. I just wonder how good of a benefit this is at all. Who thinks this list is going to attract a lot of season pass holders to visit more on Saturdays? Not me. This also just makes me pessimistic about the new ride next year. Will they do a better job of giving pass holders a benefit which DRAWS them into the park more often than they normally would visit?

Vortex crew wasn't every fast when I rode today. 3 train operation and they were stacking like crazy. Also the crew was slow as heck checking the bars. If they can't run a 3 train operation without stacking every train, to me what is the point?

That is the exact reason Mantis at CP went to a two train operation some years ago. It was impossible to hit the intervals consistantly with a 3 train operation. And it was not because of the crews, but more from the awkward seats & restraints used on a stand-up.

But in this case, Vortex has had much success with a 3 train operation. The crews just need more experience to hit their intervals.

This further illustrates that CF doesn't know what they are doing with regards to season passes at KI. I understand that KI does not have resorts like CP, and that it is unlikely there will be an everday morning ERT, but even when they do provide a benefit...it's only for a limited number...and on rides which traditionally do not have the longest waits. No Beast, Son of Beast, or Firehawk?

The resorts benefit at CP is only for a limited number of rides as well:

http://resorts.cedarpoint.com/public/benefits.cfm

Rides scheduled for early entry during 2008 are Maverick, Raptor, Millennium Force, Iron Dragon, Skyhawk and Planet Snoopy, Cedar Point's new children's area.

It is possible that the reason why Beast, SoB and Firehawk are not part of the ERT is due to the daily safety inspections for each ride. Obviously, we all know about the type of inspections that SoB & Beast go through since they are wood coasters, but FH could be difficult to inspect as well due to the restraint system.

Last year under CF, selected sections of the park were open a half an hour early every weekday. I remember Coney Mall was Friday and I think Action Zone was Tuesday. It was pretty awesome going through the barricade where the regular general admission people were waiting to get let in.

I don't remember that many people being there so that's probably why they're not doing it this year.

That was because when Six Flags left, they took their computers with them...and Cedar Fair apparently did not install their own systems at Geauga Lake. With the Paramount Parks acquisition, there were some compatibility issues to be resolved. I am told the goal was to have seamless pass acceptance this year. I guess we will soon know if they succeeded. It was only in the past couple of years that Six Flags finally got this resolved chainwide...these things are far more complicated than they appear. The last time I went to Geauga Lake, they never did figure out to handle my Cedar Point pass, which at the time included Geauga...so they just waved me without me signing anything or even showing them my Cedar Point pass! :)

I had my platinum pass processed at Knott's this year, and on opening day at KI I had to go to guest relations to get a paper ticket to get through the gate because my pass wouldn't work at the gate. I hope that this was only opening day bugs. It would be a hassle to have to go and wait at GR everytime I went to KI and CP. But if that's how it has to be done then I'll do it.