5-4-08 Mystery Construction update

CoastersRZ

I visited the park this morning on a beautiful Sunday. Workers have been busy working on the mystery construction at Swan Lake. More concrete footings have been poured, and now they are starting to install some conduit, likely for some electrical wiring. And there has been some clearing in the woods behind The Crypt and White Water Canyon. As of this weekend, the clearing was NOT visible from the lift hills of The Beast, or from the Eiffel Tower. The best view of it was from the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad.

Click here to see the photos of the latest mystery construction.

Yeah. I`ve been up at Kings Island a LOT this year. In fact, I`ve been up there five times this year! I will not be up there next Saturday or Sunday, as I have to work at my second job. For those that don`t know, Coney Island`s rides open next weekend. And I will be working all day both days there.

i live down toward batavia. and behind the ford plant is a place where they manufacture roller coasters and in the last few weeks there has been increased activity there. there is at least a dozen of red coaster segments there could this be destined for ki?

i live down toward batavia. and behind the ford plant is a place where they manufacture roller coasters and in the last few weeks there has been increased activity there. there is at least a dozen of red coaster segments there could this be destined for ki?

I notcied those too while driving by. I am hoping that those pieces are for us. I'm pretty sure actually because I do not know of any other B&M red coaster being built for next year, other than ours.

What I am REALLY wanting is for them to do is, try opening the ride during Halloween Haunt with soft openings.

Good idea?? Bad idea??