New track?

TheKlockster

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could very well be new track wonder what park is going to get it? Its not a flying coaster track, is the first time this has been posted on this site? ;)

Edited by Vortex

That's definitely not a flyer. The piece is there that goes at the very top of the lift hill. The chain runs on top of the track for sure. I couldn't tell if it's just a real steep B&M sit down, or a dive machine. The size of the spine doesn't seem big enough to be a dive machine. I remember seeing SheiKra's track and it was enormous.

Look at the second photo real close. If you blow it up, right in front of that gray door is the piece I'm talking about.

I did not notice the piece of the lift hill the first time throught.....you do seem to be right though, seems like a standard side coaster and not an invert like the flyer would need.....interesting.

This is probably going to "disappear" soon, but it seems as though this is some sort of hyper track. I agree it looks to small to be Dive Machine track, and doesn't seem to fit a flyer, especially with that top of the lift section. Hopefully this is heading around the 275 loop.

Hopefully it won't disappear. I put it in the rumors forum. And the track is clearly visible to anyone driving down old 32 behind the old Ford plant, where all the B&Ms are made. Alot of the screamscape rumors say B&M hyper around 225 feet tall, and here's some red B&M track for you. Seems they usually do 4 or 5 a year so who knows.

They couldn't have been the same pictures, because I actually took these myself. Very possible that other people have taken pictures of it though, because as I said it is clearly visible to thousands of people every day.

Also Manta is supposed to be a Flyer, and this is not flyer track.

It's too early for KI.

Dude, they are still pouring concrete for the FOOTERS. There's not going to be vertical construction until late in the season. Why can't people just be patient?

Wow, a nice find indeed! Who knows if they're too early? Why not have the track ready to roll (so to speak)?

The NoLimits mockup of the coaster seems pretty cool. A good guess at the least.

Because apparently everyone is an expert on how and who B&M makes their track for.

Btw, it is not a B&M plant, the place is called Clermont Steel Fabrications, they are not owned by B&M but are a separate company that B&M contracts out. In the past they also made the support structures for Arrow coasters as well.

Wow, a nice find indeed! Who knows if they're too early? Why not have the track ready to roll (so to speak)?

I believe what they meant by too early is that track construction is still a ways away and the chances of already having track ready for KI's 2009 project is unlikely.

On top of that, we still have no way of knowing if the 2009 project is even going to be a B & M.

My opinion is that the only evidence that this could be for KI is that the track is red.

Because apparently everyone is an expert on how and who B&M makes their track for.

Actually in order to find proof for my claim that B&M doesn't put turns at the top of hills but has hill curved, I found a few pictures in favor of both...

Turn

Kraken

Chang

Curved hill

Montu

Dominator

I wonder if people at the Clermont Steel Plant are told what/where the track is for.

In addition to the track and supports for B&M coasters, Clermont Steel has done a number of other amusement park related jobs. As Ronny mentioned, when Arrow was around, they manufactured the supports for Arrow`s rides (including Flight Deck [Top Gun] and The Vortex). Additionally, they manufactured the steel for the Eiffel Tower at Kings Island.

Clermont Steel also manufactures structural steel for various building projects. In fact, the Rec Center at UC designed by Thom Mayne and Morphosis used steel that was fabricated by Clermont Steel. Clermont Steel used to be called Southern Ohio Fabrication Co. (SOFCo). It was renamed to Clermont Steel Fabricators, LLC in July of 2004 when Ken Miller and investors bought the company.

I would think its VERY unlikely that the track is not made this far in advanced. I'm not going to speculate where the track is going, however the last time I heard, it take roughly 18 months from conception to opening.

I would think its VERY unlikely that the track is not made this far in advanced. I'm not going to speculate where the track is going, however the last time I heard, it take roughly 18 months from conception to opening.

I would think the track should almost be done by now! (if that track is for KI)