New track?

TheKlockster

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maye,if it was planned by Paramount it was supposed to be "Speed Racer:The Ride"Or the coaster or something else....?

Bahaha. Will it have neon colors and give samples of acid? Haha. Speed Racer was crap, I could see it as the new 'stoners hang out' It was seriously some guy on acid.

Maye,if it was planned by Paramount it was supposed to be "Speed Racer:The Ride"Or the coaster or something else....?

Bahaha. Will it have neon colors and give samples of acid? Haha. Speed Racer was crap, I could see it as the new 'stoners hang out' It was seriously some guy on acid.

I'd be frightened what KI would charge for hits of acid.

Lord, we thought food prices were high!

During today's conference call, Mr. Kinzel said major capital investments have a two to three year lead time, whatever that adds to this party! :)

Exactly, and Brown as I said in my post I believe PP had planned them then put them on hold when they split between Viacom and CBS.

The most Paramount had to do with this coaster was accepting the meeting to discuss the idea. And that might be a stretch because for any type of planning beyond the initial meeting would have included land surveys around swan lake and behind Crypt.

There has not been anything indicating Paramount was involved in any type of planning stages.

No...though at one time the coaster could have ended up at Kings Island, as Paramount Parks initially had an exclusive contract with Vekoma for Flying Dutchmen, which they cancelled after the problems with Stealth in California (now known as Nighthawk at Carowinds..) The third of the trio ended up at Six Flags America as Batwing, what Paramount Park it was destined for (almost certainly Carowinds) is the topic of many an argument among some.

No...though at one time the coaster could have ended up at Kings Island, as Paramount Parks initially had an exclusive contract with Vekoma for Flying Dutchmen, which they cancelled after the problems with Stealth in California (now known as Nighthawk at Carowinds..) The third of the trio ended up at Six Flags America as Batwing, what Paramount Park it was destined for (almost certainly Carowinds) is the topic of many an argument among some.

I knew about that. But after the problems with Stealth, did Paramount plan Firehawk, or did CF? Because it takes about 2-3 years to plan a coaster, and so it had to be planned in 2005 or 2004. And back then, it was PKI...

Well i'm sure it is a whole lot easier to take and existing ride and move it to a new location, rather than having to design a whole new ride and figure out where to put it. Also FH is all contained in one area so i'm sure that made things simpiler than if it was somthing like MF at CP where it is all over the place.

^ I am not too sure about that.

Even though FH existed at another park, you can't move footers, electric, station etc. All those things were new to KI.

Aside from the design, it would be just like installing a cookie-cutter coaster (i.e. Everything installed as new equipment.).