New track?

TheKlockster

Highly unlikely that they would fabricate the track in the US and ship it over seas. I would imagine that B&M would have track for overseas project fabricated overseas, especially with the high cost of fuel.

You would be greatly surprised then. With B&M's quality program, it is hard to find steel of such high grade out side of the US. Both Clermont Steel and another plant in the US fabricate for B&M and have shipped track over seas. The only other country that B&M will have track made in is Germany.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Switzerland.

It could also be done here, possibly. They now have Intaride USA ( I think an american branch of Inamin Worldwide). Not sure what all they have here, but there could be a manufacturing facility here. Or, maybe they contract someone else here in the states similar to what B&M does in Batavia.

Intaride USA is only the selling broker....INTAMIN does no US fabrication or manufacturing.

Doesn't that seem like a bad idea? It seems to me B&M has a better plan having Clermont Steel manufacture the parts here for US coasters. Why would you ship massive track pieces overseas considering fuel prices?

I didn't say INTAMIN doesn't use US manufacturers, but I did say INTAMIN does no US fabrication or manufacturing. INTAMIN has always been much more of a ride broker than a ride maker....

There are also certain legal reasons most ride manufacturers have no USA legal presence.

Highly unlikely that they would fabricate the track in the US and ship it over seas. I would imagine that B&M would have track for overseas project fabricated overseas, especially with the high cost of fuel.

You would be greatly surprised then. With B&M's quality program, it is hard to find steel of such high grade out side of the US. Both Clermont Steel and another plant in the US fabricate for B&M and have shipped track over seas. The only other country that B&M will have track made in is Germany.

with the weak dollar, it is very economical for overseas companies to manufacture in the states and ship it out. as far as quality steel, most american steel mills are foreign owned and our technology has been sent all over the world. even the american companies have a presence overseas.

the company i work for operates robotic scarfers that improve the quality of steel before final processing. i just returned from slovakia where we installed one at us steel in kosice.

i leave monday for a severstal mill in cherepovets, russia. severstal is a russian steel company thats owns the old rouge steel plant in detroit. the quality of their steel is very much on par with ours. the only steel that is still subgrade is china, but they are catching up.

with the weak dollar, it is very economical for overseas companies to manufacture in the states and ship it out. as far as quality steel, most american steel mills are foreign owned and our technology has been sent all over the world. even the american companies have a presence overseas.

the company i work for operates robotic scarfers that improve the quality of steel before final processing. i just returned from slovakia where we installed one at us steel in kosice.

i leave monday for a severstal mill in cherepovets, russia. severstal is a russian steel company thats owns the old rouge steel plant in detroit. the quality of their steel is very much on par with ours. the only steel that is still subgrade is china, but they are catching up.

Yes you are correct ser. I was specifically talking about B&M's quality program. In their case one term comes to mind: You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

(Image Snipped)

That track looks alot like B&M dive machine track. look at the piece on the drop. It looks like the right side up peice on the left here!

(Image snipped)

I don't know, it looks to me like that crown piece isn't setting up a 90º drop.

(Image Snipped)

That track looks alot like B&M dive machine track. look at the piece on the drop. It looks like the right side up peice on the left here!

(Image snipped)

I don't know, it looks to me like that crown piece isn't setting up a 90º drop.

I'm not going to pretend like I know much about the structure of coasters, but on the dive machine it dosn't look like its crown piece makes a 90 degree bend right off, so I think it is a reasonable guess that, that is what it could be. But does the track look wide enough to be a dive machine? Again I don't know that much about the design of coasters, just saying what I see.

During today's conference call, Mr. Kinzel said major capital investments have a two to three year lead time, whatever that adds to this party! :)

Exactly, and Brown as I said in my post I believe PP had planned them then put them on hold when they split between Viacom and CBS.

The most Paramount had to do with this coaster was accepting the meeting to discuss the idea. And that might be a stretch because for any type of planning beyond the initial meeting would have included land surveys around swan lake and behind Crypt.

There has not been anything indicating Paramount was involved in any type of planning stages.

Actually in his last conference call Kinzel stated that both the Behemoth and "Mystery Project" at KI had been planned at least three years in advance before being approved some time last season.

Not as unlikely as you think, these photos were taken at CSF for a flying coaster that was shipped to Beijing:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig3141.htm

This track is definitely not a Flyer or Invert. Look at which side of the track the rails are on as it bends. Also the track is not large enough to be a dive machine.

And, as I said before, pieces of track with labels identifying the customer as "Worlds of Fun" appeared in the lot before they had done anything more than the most basic land modifications at the park - even less progressed than Kings Island is now. I do not think it is too early for Kings Island track to show up at the plant.

Actually in his last conference call Kinzel stated that both the Behemoth and "Mystery Project" at KI had been planned at least three years in advance before being approved some time last season.

Are you referring to the May 6th conference call?