Will The Crypt ever have decent theming?

lawchick

Hi, just got back from a trip Saturday, and while I had a fab time, I was thoroughly disappointed with The Crypt. There were 5 of us total, and only two had ridden when it was TR. We got the other three all psyched for it, and it broke down two different times before we finally could ride. Once we got in there, I was disappointed. Instead of all the great theming and the "storyline" of going through the tombs, there's practically nothing but darkness and cement now. Even the floor is literally nothing but cement and a big drain. Are there plans for new theming in there???

I rode tomb raider when it first opened, and thought it was awesome. Rode last year and hated it, Went to Ride it Sunday and it was closed temporarily, and when we came back around, there was a sign saying the ride would be closed the rest of the day. Very dissapointing <_< Ive seen it closed so many times this year already, im kind of leary of it now.

I think they are more worried about its reliability right now.

I to would like to see some theming to the ride chamber.

I think so too. Right now I think they're trying to get the ride back to a reliable state. As you saw it's far from it. My guess is if they get it back to an acceptable reliability and prove that there is still a market for the ride then they will add more or better theming to it. Just a guess though.

For a time, Tomb Raider: The Ride was probably my favorite ride in the park. I really liked the theme. I rode it once last summer when the sound was not working. It made it not even worth the wait.

For the most part, I am really optimistic about Cedar Fair's ownership. I am going to miss the storylines that went along with ride installations at Paramount's Kings Island, though.

I think they are more worried about its reliability right now.

I to would like to see some theming to the ride chamber.

I think so too. Right now I think they're trying to get the ride back to a reliable state. As you saw it's far from it. My guess is if they get it back to an acceptable reliability and prove that there is still a market for the ride then they will add more or better theming to it. Just a guess though.

I think you hit the nail right on the head, sir.

Anyone that has ridden it during both of the past two weekends definitely noticed the major differences that occured between them. Could it be indicative of more changes to come?

Who knows? I mean, clearly weekend 1 was a work in process, but the work on the themeing could be done now... I really don't know. I'd hope that they'd utilize something with such potential. I mean, who else could really theme a top spin?

The new cycle has a few sections that are just asking for show elements, I would love to see some lights and sounds actually synced to the program.

I totally agree. I mean, it doesn't have to be anything elaborate like Tomb Raider, but lights and sounds and maybe some audio clips. I'm sure that can't be cheap, but it also can't be TOO expensive...

The new cycle has a few sections that are just asking for show elements, I would love to see some lights and sounds actually synced to the program.

I totally agree. I mean, it doesn't have to be anything elaborate like Tomb Raider, but lights and sounds and maybe some audio clips. I'm sure that can't be cheap, but it also can't be TOO expensive...

Who knows? But I would venture to think that once KI has the budget (isn't working on a new ride) they may add to the Crypt. I could be completely wrong but I doubt we'll see any extensive changes right away. Maybe a few things here or there.

I rode tomb raider when it first opened, and thought it was awesome. Rode last year and hated it, Went to Ride it Sunday and it was closed temporarily, and when we came back around, there was a sign saying the ride would be closed the rest of the day. Very dissapointing <_< Ive seen it closed so many times this year already, im kind of leary of it now.

You can't be mad. It is like most of us have stated a work in progress. The ride has only been open for 5 days, give it time to break in. It has been closed for almost a whole season. Just wait a little and as CF gets to maintain it, and fix the little kinks. The ride could be amazing. It has great potential.

This past weekend (particularly that Friday), The Crypt had cool tribal music and a couple theater lights installed on the ride. The beginning bit was really cool as well; when the ride begins, those bright white lights while strapping in fade out and some red and violet lights fade in all ambient-like as the music starts.

I won't be able to make it up this upcoming weekend, but I can't wait to see what else they do to it.

Seeing that they already have the positions to place lighting and effects, it seems it wouldn't be too hard. You've got the catwalk that lit the ice field and the Durga wall, as well as 4 side pipes that lit the rest of the wall and the lava pit. I just wish they'd revive the Technoray's for the Durga eyes. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with Tomb Raider licensing.

This past weekend (particularly that Friday), The Crypt had cool tribal music and a couple theater lights installed on the ride. The beginning bit was really cool as well; when the ride begins, those bright white lights while strapping in fade out and some red and violet lights fade in all ambient-like as the music starts.

I won't be able to make it up this upcoming weekend, but I can't wait to see what else they do to it.

By the by, I rode it on this past Saturday and there was no music or no lights to speak of. Seems like it would be pretty cool if it were there, but it wasn't.

I agree with the first post. When Tomb Raider originally opened it was my favorite ride by far. However, last year....it could have been taken to a scrap heap and I couldn't have cared less. It was painful, jerky, and loud. Then on top of that, it seemed a bit rediculous when Durga's eyes lit up and the stones blinked.......and there was no music. And the "lava" seemed a bit pointless with no "roil" to it. I don't know but Paramount wasted their money. Not because it's a crappy ride but because they let it go to waste. Too bad they didn't just keep the same theming and storyline but remove all things Tomb Raider and Lara Croft.