Last summer, I made the track up to KI and CP for the first time since 2000 and had a total blast with my best friend.

Except there was one ride at CP I couldn't do and probably still won't do this summer.

I didn't do "Top Thrill Dragster" for one simple reason...I AM SCARED OF HEIGHTS! I can do Millenium Force without any problems, but chickened out of TTD while we stood in line and even got to where you board and backed out. Walked in and out of the train.

I don't have a fear of coasters, its just the height issue and MF still makes me nervous when I get on that.

I don't want to close my eyes and be that sort of chicken in a sense, but I want to experience it. If you know what I mean?

Anyone else have a fear of heights and ever scared to get on that or any other way up there rides?

Like TG93 said, you won't know how high you are cause your only up there for a second. Back in 04' i went to CP for the first time and rode TTD, back then i was too scared to ride Drop Zone (i was affraid of heights) but i got on anyways and ever since, i haven't been afraid of heights!

The ride is over before you know it. At one point your waiting to be launched, and the next you realize that you are back at the brakes. Like others have said, you literally have no time to realize just how high you actually are.

I would recommend you ride it at least once just to say you have done it. If you don't like it, you can at least tell people you tried it once and didn't like it.

I never started riding coasters until the spring of 06 when I went up to CP with my youth group. Before that trip the biggest thing I had ridden was The Beast. When we got to CP everyone wanted to go on TTD first, and so we did. Waiting in line me and my fried agreed that we were going to sit next to eachother, which made me feel a bit better about riding it, but I had a massive fear of hieghts so it didn't help too much. But when we got up to the coaster he went first and strapped in and it wasn't until after that he realized that the seat next to him was broken, thus giving me no place to sit. We asked the ride attendant if he could get off but she said they had to keep loading cause the line was so long. So in short I ended up having to ride my first huge roller coaster, TTD, with someone I didn't even know. So my advice is just do it, after that ride I had no problem riding anything else. And like people said earlier MF is probably scarier that TTD cause you have time to process what's going on as you are going up the lift hill. But on TTD the scariest part is the anticipation right before you get launched, after that it's all over in a matter of seconds.

I guess its a mental game you have to trick yourself out of.

I am going to do it this summer, but when my friend was on it, the train didn't get over the hump twice and it came back down two times before it got over the first hill. HAH! At that moment I was like I am happy I did NOT go, but in another I dreaded not going on it.

Like TG93 said, you won't know how high you are cause your only up there for a second. Back in 04' i went to CP for the first time and rode TTD, back then i was too scared to ride Drop Zone (i was affraid of heights) but i got on anyways and ever since, i haven't been afraid of heights!

Thats not true for everyone. I can ride TTD just fine, in fact I love that coaster and would ride it over and over again but I will never ride Drop Zone again. Its way to high up there to just wait to be dropped. But get me on any coaster and I'm fine.

Back on topic, You should ride it its a great ride, for as short as it is. I like the way you feel in the front, it feels like your barely goin to make it over but only a second. But yeah you have like 4 sec's launch over the top in like 2 sec's and back down in 4 again. Not really but its the way it feels.

I can do Drop Zone at both CP and KI no problem...whatever its called at CP. I love the shooting up one better than the come down one. With those I count to 10 and you are down....its not too bad...I just look straight out on them and not down. All though I am probably not going on them with what happened last summer with that girl; but they are probably safer now than they were years ago.

Hah! You all want a roll-back?! Why don't you go when I go and maybe you will be on the train with me when it will do it again! What are the chances of it doing it twice in a row, let alone one time! LOL

I'm game! I have ridden Top Thrill Dragster many, many dozens of times, and Kingda Ka probably well over 150 times...and still not a rollback to my name on either! The ride name you are looking for at Cedar Point is Power Tower...and it operates very differently from the INTAMIN drop rides like Superman: Tower of Power.