SFKK Discounts (and wait til you see the SP price)

Louisville's Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom announced Tuesday that it will reduce its ticket prices for the 2008 season, which begins Saturday.

The theme park is offering a coupon to reduce its main gate regular admission price by $15 for 2008. To take advantage of the offer, guests can bring a Coke can to the park or purchase tickets online at http://www.sixflags.com .

Also, in keeping with the philanthropic efforts of Six Flags Friends, the charitable program of Six Flags Inc. (NYSE: SIX), guests who bring three cans of food for Kentucky Harvest will receive $15 off main gate adult admission on May 10, 11, 17 and 18.

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom houses eight roller coasters, more than two dozen kids and family rides and attractions. The park's season runs into October. Season passes are available at Kroger stores for $39.99.

http://louisville.bizjournals.com/louisvil....html?ana=yfcpc

Guest rcfreak339
More on this, including some particularly interesting comments:

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.d...SINESS/80506045

Thank gosh finally maybe some new rides at SFKK, I'm so glad SF is giving this park a fair chance to compete and I hop SFKK improves its ride area.

SFKK is the only place we kentuckiens can go if we can't get to KI or HW all the time and the area is a place where people that dont have very much live and it's nice to see now people can affored. Thanks Six Flags!

The closures are unrelated to the new ticket prices? How about you switch that around. Because the park decided not to operate a section of the park, they had to lower the ticket prices to maintain the same value for customers.

Certainly an interesting comment about future attractions. I`ve only been to Kentucky Kingdom once, and that was the year Chang was new, prior to Six Flags purchasing the park. Sadly, when I visited, I was not into roller coasters and did not ride Chang or T2. I did ride Vampire (now located at SFNE), though.

Guest rcfreak339
The closures are unrelated to the new ticket prices? How about you switch that around. Because the park decided not to operate a section of the park, they had to lower the ticket prices to maintain the same value for customers.

Certainly an interesting comment about future attractions. I`ve only been to Kentucky Kingdom once, and that was the year Chang was new, prior to Six Flags purchasing the park. Sadly, when I visited, I was not into roller coasters and did not ride Chang or T2. I did ride Vampire (now located at SFNE), though.

Yes that is very true it can hurt attendance to so that is probley why they put the discount in place.

I suspect the lingering after effects of the Superman: Tower of Power incident will affect attendance far more than the closure. Many in the Louisville area at least say they will never go to the park again.

Ahhh, The Famous "I'll Never Do That Comments."

Gotta love it as they are usually the first to return.

no! many people in Louisville said that they wasn't going back to the park right after the accident but there minds changed as months passed because many people realize accidents can happened anywhere like Kings Island in 2006. Also their crowds never changed. The only time the crowds ever changes at the park is if its raining or if its a weekday or its early on a Sunday morning, Also i think everyone who still says their not going will return to the park will be back by late summer

no! many people in Louisville said that they wasn't going back to the park right after the accident but there minds changed as months passed because many people realize accidents can happened anywhere like Kings Island in 2006. Also their crowds never changed. The only time the crowds ever changes at the park is if its raining or if its a weekday or its early on a Sunday morning, Also i think everyone who still says their not going will return to the park will be back by late summer

I really don't think that what happened on SoB in '06 can be compared to the incident at SFKK at all.

It is clearly stated that the SoB incident could not have been foreseen.

And while the final report on the SFKK incident is not even close to being complete, it appears that this accident had a very good chance of being prevented.

And just now, Mr. Shapiro noted that the Kentucky park opened later this year (along with the Atlanta kids park and the DC Park---Six Flags America)...doubtless due to anticipated lower attendance...if they had expected better attendance, the park would not be opening much, much later than in recent years.

And now, during its conference call, Six Flags said the unfortunate accident in Louisville impacted attendance chain wide starting in July of last year...and caused a loss of about 500,000 people in attendance chainwide, starting in July...with a terrific East Coast weather pattern....

SFKK is a small park that is land-locked and has a ceiling. They can't expand and the height restrictions of their rides due to the close proximity to the Louisville Airport certainly limits their capabilities to make it into a great park. I don't know who planned the layout but it's not the easiest park to get around either.

In my opinion there is only one reason to go and that is to ride Chang. Although Thunder Run has some nice air time, but is a short woody. This year they are advertising a new expansion to their water park called Major Wedgie. The park opens May 10th. The water park opens May 24th.