hunting on grounds

deerhunter

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just stating that animals have just as much right to live as humans, there are other ways of dealing with them than killing them.

While you can have your own opinion, you have still not gave us another reasonable & cost-effective solution to control the animal population.

You did mention sterilization before, but that is not only not cost-effective, it is also not a reality. The animal would have to be caught by using a net, cage, or tranqilizer dart. According to your previous comments, I cannot see how you could support those methods. And even if one of those methods were to be acceptable, surgery could not be done because once the animal was released the stitches could be ripped out of the animal and it could bleed to death, or an infection could occur, and the animal would die anyway. I don't see how a birth control pill can be used since it needs to be taken everyday. And if you sterilize all the animals, how can they reproduce so that their species continues to live?

Now lets's talk about food sources. If a reasonable solution cannot be found to control the population, then the animals will be multiplying at an enormus rate. What will they eat? We could not let them die of starvation, so now each citizen is responsible for feeding wildlife that has now come into their neighborhoods. And the state can't help out financially due to the loss of hunting license revenue, so now each individual citizen must pay to feed the wildlife. Also, since we cannot hunt anymore, farmers' crops have now been eaten by the excess animals which then will hurt people financially since the cost of food will be skyrocketing.

When the animals go looking for more food, they will be crossing roadways. This will increase the amount of auto accidents and fatalities caused by animals. Since insurance companies only charge the comprehensive deductable when you hit the animal, the rest of the cost then comes from other drivers' insurance policies. Again, more cost. If the driver avoids the animal, and either control of their car and is involved in a one car accident, or, hits another vehicle, the potential for a fatality increases dramatically.

I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get the point.

The money collected from hunting license revenue directly benefits wildlife & education. Without that money, not only will it hurt wildlife, it will also hurt continuing education for generations to come. So by eliminating hunting, your belief is that those equal & innocent animals will be saved. But by also eliminating hunting you have hurt your family & neighbors financially as well as sacrificed animals to starvation.

Now please explain the reasonable alternatives to hunting.

Hunters dollars go a long way in the conservation effort...next time you visit a state park and enjoy it's cleanliness and beauty ...thank a hunter. When you witness the gracefulness of migratory birds..thank a hunter. When you see the awesome power of the red tailed hawk..that once was near extinction...thank a hunter. Every purchase of a license, firearm, ammunition, hunting clothing has a steep tax that goes right back into conservation efforts. What have you Mr anti-hunter done in the name of conservation? If you want to complain about the encroachment of the rights of animals...don;t blame the hunter...blame urban sprawl. When most of you see a 500 acre farm or woodlands...most see a waste of land that could be used for homes and strip malls. You don't realize what urban sprawl has done to the habitat of wildlife. There is a thing called carrying capacity...which is how much land per square foot can successfully sustain animal life. Next time you are shopping at the Lazerus donw at ole Forest Fair...think about how many animals were forced out of thier homes so you could have yet another place to shop. Loss and degradation of habitat continues to be the primary threat to Ohio's wildlife. AND for Gods sake..to all the people who think it's fun to set out food and salt blocks in teh back yard to attract deer...you are the worst killer of wildlife. STOP feeding the animals. This is the worst spredder of disease.

Hunters dollars go a long way in the conservation effort...next time you visit a state park and enjoy it's cleanliness and beauty ...thank a hunter. When you witness the gracefulness of migratory birds..thank a hunter. When you see the awesome power of the red tailed hawk..that once was near extinction...thank a hunter. Every purchase of a license, firearm, ammunition, hunting clothing has a steep tax that goes right back into conservation efforts. What have you Mr anti-hunter done in the name of conservation? If you want to complain about the encroachment of the rights of animals...don;t blame the hunter...blame urban sprawl. When most of you see a 500 acre farm or woodlands...most see a waste of land that could be used for homes and strip malls. You don't realize what urban sprawl has done to the habitat of wildlife. There is a thing called carrying capacity...which is how much land per square foot can successfully sustain animal life. Next time you are shopping at the Lazerus donw at ole Forest Fair...think about how many animals were forced out of thier homes so you could have yet another place to shop. Loss and degradation of habitat continues to be the primary threat to Ohio's wildlife. AND for Gods sake..to all the people who think it's fun to set out food and salt blocks in teh back yard to attract deer...you are the worst killer of wildlife. STOP feeding the animals. This is the worst spredder of disease.

Lazarus no longer operates as an independent label. You will find it as "Macy's" at this point.

You also oare not likely to find a Lazarus or Macy's at Forest Fair. (Try Tri-County Mall)

As for hunters dollars, it is only a piece of the money to fund wildelife funds and parks. If you are expecting credit be given, I'd expect that you would recognize all the areas in which said credit should be given.

Guest kwindshawne

I do not agree with posing with a carcass, and that is my personal issue. I dont like Nugent because he shows no respect for the animal and he is arrogant. He lost any possible respect from me when he tried to "buy" Miracle to put on his farm. Miracle was not an animal to be bought, the white buffalo represented a deity, and is held in high reverence to indian people. I will say it again, I dont have a problem with hunting as long as the animal is respected and not shot just for a trophy rack.

You still didn't answer my question. Besides the food, what do you do with the rest of the animal? I can find a purpose for every part of a deer-it honors the animal and the sacrifice it made for you.

I have gone on too long as it is.....

I do not agree with posing with a carcass, and that is my personal issue. I dont like Nugent because he shows no respect for the animal and he is arrogant. He lost any possible respect from me when he tried to "buy" Miracle to put on his farm. Miracle was not an animal to be bought, the white buffalo represented a deity, and is held in high reverence to indian people. I will say it again, I dont have a problem with hunting as long as the animal is respected and not shot just for a trophy rack.

You still didn't answer my question. Besides the food, what do you do with the rest of the animal? I can find a purpose for every part of a deer-it honors the animal and the sacrifice it made for you.

I have gone on too long as it is.....

Musical Interlude....

It's a miracle

A true blue spectacle

A miracle come true

We're together ,baby-I was goin' crazy

'till the miracle

Came through

Now you here,and my arms are around you

And baby, there'll be

Dancin in the streets

For the miracle

A true blue spectacle

The miracle is you

- Barry M.

Hunters dollars go a long way in the conservation effort...next time you visit a state park and enjoy it's cleanliness and beauty ...thank a hunter. When you witness the gracefulness of migratory birds..thank a hunter. When you see the awesome power of the red tailed hawk..that once was near extinction...thank a hunter.

A bit egotistical...you can also thank the people like me who give up their yearly state income tax refund by donating it to the Wildlife Fund...and all we get out of it is the satisfaction of knowing that we are helping out a little bit.

FRED BEAR

© by Ted Nugent-BroadHead Music

There I was back in the wild again. I felt right at home, where I belong. I had that feeling coming over me again, just like it happened so many times before.

The spirit of the woods is like an old good friend. Makes me feel warm and good inside. I know his name and it's good to see him again. 'Cuz in the wind he's still alive.

Oh, Fred Bear, walk with me down the trails again. Take me back, back where I belong. Oh, Fred Bear, I'm glad to have you at my side my friend, and I'll join you in the big hunt before too long. Before too long.

It was kinda dark another misty dusk. It came from the tangle down below. I tried to remember everything he taught me so well, I had to decide which way to go.

Was I alone or in a hunter's dream? The moment of truth is here and now. I felt his touch, I felt his guiding hand, and the buck was mine forever more.

Because of Fred Bear, I walk down these trails again. Back where I belong. Oh, Fred Bear I'm glad to have you at my side my friend. And I'll join you in the big hunt before too long.

We're not alone when we're in the great outdoors. We got his spirit, we got his soul. He will guide our steps, he guides our arrows home. The restless spirit forever roams.

With Fred Bear as we walk down the trails again. Take me back where I belong. Oh Fred Bear, it's good to have you at my side my friend, and I will join you in the big hunt before too long. 'Cuz in the wind he's still alive. In the wind, he's still alive, in the wind, I can hear, I hear Fred Bear.

I hear ya Fred. Let's go hunting baby!! Hey, Fred, you go up that ridge, I'll go down in the swamp, we'll get that buck. I hear you Fred! Talk to me! "If today's teenage thrill-seekers, really want to get a thrill, let' em go up into the Northwest, and tangle with a grizzly bear, a polar bear or a brown bear. They'll get a thrill that will cleanse the soul."

That last quote was Fred speaking taken from our "Fred Bear Secrets of Hunting" record that we produced in the 1960s in Hollywood. Ted's song is so powerful and Fred was so fond of Ted, that I believe, much in the same way that El Ozinuka "spoke" to me from the "great beyond," so, too, did Fred speak to Ted. And together, they have continued to inspire folks about bowhunting and our wonderful outdoors.

© Copyright 1996 - 2008 by Bowhunting.net

Hunters dollars go a long way in the conservation effort...next time you visit a state park and enjoy it's cleanliness and beauty ...thank a hunter. When you witness the gracefulness of migratory birds..thank a hunter. When you see the awesome power of the red tailed hawk..that once was near extinction...thank a hunter.

A bit egotistical...you can also thank the people like me who give up their yearly state income tax refund by donating it to the Wildlife Fund...and all we get out of it is the satisfaction of knowing that we are helping out a little bit.

http://www.stateparks.com/knox_lake.html The state of Ohio created the 469-acre Knox Lake in 1954 with money from sales of hunting and fishing licenses. The lake was intended to become a refuge for wildlife and people who enjoy the outdoors.

Your dollars that you donate when (if) you check that box..while are appreciated...are but a mere drop in the bucket as opposed to the millions of dollars hunters pump into it.

I do not use the entire deer.

But I do bring the deer to a local Amish processor that processes the meat for me, and uses the rest of the deer for themselves.

It is about 1/2 the cost of a normal processor, I get more meat, and the Amish don't like to waste anything.

I use most if not all the meat..I process my own meat. Unless its a pretty huge rack , I'll mount the antlers on finished wood...or make rattles for people. (Basically drill wholes in the bottoms of both antlers....connect with a shoe string...and then you use the antlers to rattle together to simulate two bucks fighting. Works as a great lure. I have made gun racks out of the hooves before. I have boiled the heads with antlers intact for decoration. I have made wall coverings with the fur. You name it..I have probably done it. My dogs usually end up with left overs like legs. But the big racks...10 point and up with a good spread... I have a cousin who does taxidermy and I get a good price...then they get hung on my family room wall.

I was just stating that animals have just as much right to live as humans, there are other ways of dealing with them than killing them.

While you can have your own opinion, you have still not gave us another reasonable & cost-effective solution to control the animal population.

You did mention sterilization before, but that is not only not cost-effective, it is also not a reality. The animal would have to be caught by using a net, cage, or tranqilizer dart. According to your previous comments, I cannot see how you could support those methods. And even if one of those methods were to be acceptable, surgery could not be done because once the animal was released the stitches could be ripped out of the animal and it could bleed to death, or an infection could occur, and the animal would die anyway. I don't see how a birth control pill can be used since it needs to be taken everyday. And if you sterilize all the animals, how can they reproduce so that their species continues to live?

Now lets's talk about food sources. If a reasonable solution cannot be found to control the population, then the animals will be multiplying at an enormus rate. What will they eat? We could not let them die of starvation, so now each citizen is responsible for feeding wildlife that has now come into their neighborhoods. And the state can't help out financially due to the loss of hunting license revenue, so now each individual citizen must pay to feed the wildlife. Also, since we cannot hunt anymore, farmers' crops have now been eaten by the excess animals which then will hurt people financially since the cost of food will be skyrocketing.

When the animals go looking for more food, they will be crossing roadways. This will increase the amount of auto accidents and fatalities caused by animals. Since insurance companies only charge the comprehensive deductable when you hit the animal, the rest of the cost then comes from other drivers' insurance policies. Again, more cost. If the driver avoids the animal, and either control of their car and is involved in a one car accident, or, hits another vehicle, the potential for a fatality increases dramatically.

I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get the point.

The money collected from hunting license revenue directly benefits wildlife & education. Without that money, not only will it hurt wildlife, it will also hurt continuing education for generations to come. So by eliminating hunting, your belief is that those equal & innocent animals will be saved. But by also eliminating hunting you have hurt your family & neighbors financially as well as sacrificed animals to starvation.

Now please explain the reasonable alternatives to hunting.

Do you really expect me to have a solution? I am not a politician, and as much as I care about the subject there is nothing I can do about this, other than donating money to wildlife organizations and animal shelters, being a vegetarian, and occasionally convincing others to do the same. I also donate to PETA when I can, as a member.

I will never thank a hunter for executing some of the most beautiful things in nature. I will also never thank hunters for the steadfastness in gun rights, but this is a whole other issue.

Guest kwindshawne

I do not use the entire deer.

But I do bring the deer to a local Amish processor that processes the meat for me, and uses the rest of the deer for themselves.

It is about 1/2 the cost of a normal processor, I get more meat, and the Amish don't like to waste anything.

Good. They do a good job with it and as long as the whole animal is used, that's honorable. The amish would find a use for it anyway.

Oh WOW.

That is a perfect example of why someone should not attempt to write while drunk or cracked out.

Your a moron..Uncle Ted doesn't put drugs and alcohol in his sacred temple :angry:

Who is the moron? The one that points out very poor writing or someone that used "your" when "you're" is called for?

So, you're going down the road and are unable to stop your vehicle.

There is a child in the road and an animal in the road.

You're not able to swerve to avoid striking both.

Art, which one do you hit?

Well, I would hit the animal but I would be devastated. I accidentally hit a raccoon once and I was so shaken I went back home and didn't drive for about a week.

Obviously it is great if the animals stay in the woods, I really hope that is what happens.

in that respect...your what we call a sheep or a sheeple

there is alot of ignorance in this thread

deer hunter has many many good and factual point.

i work in public safety and conservation so i have experience.

and in all actuality deer meat is more healthier then store bought meat

as I have said, an animal has just as much right to live as a human. The reason I chose the animal is because with that scenario, it is very likely that the animal in question, even if I do not hit it, would not have as long a life time as the child, assuming they lead average lives. I do not care about kids more, in fact I hate kids and I will never have them. I do have some pets though.

While working this winter, a co-worker returned from visiting his daughter in Alaska where he had gone on a hunting trip. He brought back lots of reindeer meat for us to enjoy on our lunch break, so good. Mmmm, rudolph....and dasher, dancer, prancer, and vixen...

there is alot of ignorance in this thread...

deer meat is more healthier

You just proved your own point. Which meat would you say is the most healthiest?

Healthiest Meats

So it seems Bambi is the Winner.

Serve Him Up.......

Wow, this really sucks. I just got my tonsils taken out Wednesday. All I can eat is pudding! I want some meat!! You guys are killing me. :wacko:

there is alot of ignorance in this thread...

deer meat is more healthier

You just proved your own point. Which meat would you say is the most healthiest?

Healthiest Meats

So it seems Bambi is the Winner.

Serve Him Up.......

Wow, this really sucks. I just got my tonsils taken out Wednesday. All I can eat is pudding! I want some meat!! You guys are killing me. :wacko:

What no ice cream? :rolleyes: