Are there any rides you won't go on at KI?

Cortney

Are there any rides that you will not currently go on?

For me, I think Drop Zone (w/e its called) is the key one I have ?'s about going on since what happened last summer, but I think its safer to go on than it was last summer before that accident happened at Six Flags.

Flight of Fear....the one that I feared going on again after going on it in 2000 and seeing some one walk off there and said they couldn't move their neck. Rode it last summer, wasn't too bad, but still jerky...but at least your head isn't banging against the restraints.

Son of Beast is alot better to me since they took the loop out.

Thats just my sayings on some of the key rides people are no longer going on. ;)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not ride Drop Zone...I don't like how small the seats are..it gives me th willies

I will not ride SOB..and yes I have ridden it since they took the loop out...but when your going though the helix's ( or whatever they're called)..It feels like my spine is being pushed out of my backside. I am always really sore after riding it.

I won't ride the Monster until they figure out a way to load all of the passengers at once...you spend more time waiting for the passengers to be loaded than the actual cycle of the ride.

I will not ride Drop Zone...I don't like how small the seats are..it gives me th willies

I will not ride SOB..and yes I have ridden it since they took the loop out...but when your going though the helix's ( or whatever they're called)..It feels like my spine is being pushed out of my backside. I am always really sore after riding it.

I won't ride the Monster until they figure out a way to load all of the passengers at once...you spend more time waiting for the passengers to be loaded than the actual cycle of the ride.

on drop zone u will get a better view of those deers!!

Haha thats funny. I won't let my son ride Monster either...it takes too long to get everyone on for such a short ride!

Guest kwindshawne

Surprisingly, Monster. Last time I rode it (age of 9 or so) I threw up. I have never tried Delirium for that reason as well.

But thats wayyy out of range for my bow...and a rifle would be to dangerous for other park patrons. Of course..imagine how badly I would scare the smokers and line jumpers

I'll go on about everything, at least everything I can fit on. I've yet to do EXtreme Skyflyer or Slingshot. They're both on my to do list.

The only ride I hesitate on is The Crypt. It was the only ride that weireded me out. I always ride it but I just freak a little before I ride.

Those of you who are afraid to ride Drop Tower because of the Kentucky Kingdom incident are aware that Drop Tower is a much more updated version correct? The whole system operates in a safer manner than the one at KK did. If I'm not mistaken...and correct me if I'm wrong...a cable snaped on the one at Kentucky Kingom and the cables were on the outside....the reason for the accident. The cable is what had severed the girls foot...plus I'm not sure that it used magnetic brakes.

Yes, Superman: Tower of Power used magnetic brakes. I, for one, will wait on the report from the Commonwealth of Kentucky before speculating on what caused this truly tragic incident. I doubt there was a lone cause, though. I also would point out that neither Six Flags, INTAMIN nor any responsible park operator would intentionally open nor cause to stay open an unsafe ride. The fact that Drop Tower is open is an assurance by Cedar Fair, the State of Ohio, Kings Island, the relevant insurance company(ies), and the park's and chain's safety and maintenance people that the ride is safe to operate and ride. If any one of them thought it was not, it would not be open. Period.

I'll go on about everything, at least everything I can fit on. I've yet to do EXtreme Skyflyer or Slingshot. They're both on my to do list.

The only ride I hesitate on is The Crypt. It was the only ride that weireded me out. I always ride it but I just freak a little before I ride.

Skyflyer (Drop Zone) was pretty cool.....but Slingshot is breathtaking...loved it...will do it again!

I ride everything, well except i usually pass on Drop Tower. It's one of the rides i have to be in a mood for. And ever since the 26th. the only way ill ride Delirium... is if it's the last ride. It hurts my back so bad, it ruined almost half my trip last time, and Invertigo didn't help...

I won't ride Drop Zone ever again after what happened in Kentucky never again.

Marcia :(

Why not though? There are substantial differences between the two rides. Since all of DT's cables are inside there wouldn't be a replay of KK.