Are there any rides you won't go on at KI?

Cortney

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOB. Will only ride it if it has the shortest line in the park and even then I regret it afterwards.

How could you pass on the best coaster in the park?

The best? In what park? Surely you can't mean KI.

And I didn't mean to call you Shirley.

Yes! I love SOB, it is (in my opinion) the best coaster at KI, and the second best in the world (that ive ridden)

Im with Beaver. Remember guys, some people like rides to the extreme! I personally enjoy SOB. While I'll admit it is bumpy, it is not bothersome to me. I love SOB and rate it high on my coaster list.

Atleast someone agrees with me! The only 'bad' part of SOB is at the bottom of the first part of the rosebowl.

Well I have not been on Drop Zone since 2000, because it wasn't open last summer. But its in the plans to go on it. I am not scared of it, its just the safety issue in a sense, but I believe it is safer than it was back the first time I went on it.

I swear if I can do the one at Cedar Point, I can go on any Drop Zone out there. The ones at CP are scarier if you ask me, especially the shooting up one! hehehe

Invertigo, the only time I went on that I was sitting in the front (even last year summer) and I really wanted to ride it where everyone I was with we were facing each other. Sitting in the front, I felt like I was going to fall out.

Im with Beaver. Remember guys, some people like rides to the extreme! I personally enjoy SOB. While I'll admit it is bumpy, it is not bothersome to me. I love SOB and rate it high on my coaster list.

I actually really like SOB too. I think it's a great ride. I just try to ignore the compression feeling I get in my spine. After all, that 3--[cough] pounds times three Gs of force.

SOB-Too painful.

It took me years to work up my nerve for Drop Zone and Delirium. Rode DZ twice, and Delirium once. Two years ago. Haven't had the desire to get back on them.

Never have wanted to get on Slingshot or Skyflier.

I've been opting for "Nostalgia" as of late: Zephyr, VF, CF, AE, Beast, Racer.

It just doesn't seem like the newer rides are as fun as the old ones. Sure the thrills are higher, but it doesn't make them any more fun, in my opinion.

I usually pass on Drop Tower and SOB. I liked SOB last year, but this year it was a lot rougher and it is getting a line, so to me its not worth it. And they only have two trains for a relatively long ride.

Only ride I will not ride is Drop Zone. I HATE HEIGHTS! ): I know roller coasters go high, but, on a roller coaster, you don't constantly go up, up, and up then drop down.

Actually, I might not ride The Crypt either. Last time I waited in line for it, it broke down and I've heard people on many occasions talk about it breaking down and them leaving line.

Only ride I will not ride is Drop Zone. I HATE HEIGHTS! ): I know roller coasters go high, but, on a roller coaster, you don't constantly go up, up, and up then drop down....

Hmmm. You do on Top Thrill Dragster and on Superman The Escape at Magic Mountain.

And Kinga Ka (unless you count going over a hump before going back in the station! :)

(Locals claim said hump has airtime...ha ha!)

I usually pass on Drop Tower and SOB. I liked SOB last year, but this year it was a lot rougher and it is getting a line, so to me its not worth it. And they only have two trains for a relatively long ride.

SOB BADLY NEEDS A THIRD TRAIN!

Most the commments I have heard in the park the last few times I been there, most don't remember what happen with SOB a few years ago, and I agree the lines are getting a little long for that ride. I didn't even ride it yesterday because the line was crazy. There have been many times when I'm waiting at the station and both trains are out on the coarse, could be loading a third one. A coaster that big needs three trains.

You assume that three trains would have the same blocking system and crews/guests could make intervals consistently. When the park tested three trains when the ride was new, they found that three trains did not improve capacity. At all.

Perhaps you should ponder loooonnnnger about this train of thought.....

The only ride I havent ridden is Drop Zone. Gotten close a couple times but something always holds me back..

Go for it! I feared Drop Zone years ago, but after one ride you'll fall inlove with it.

AHHH!! Really? Maybe I will try it. It looks so fun but once Im in line right by it, I change my mind!! Any tips from anyone on how to relax on the ride your first time?

I wont ride anything that goes upside down, I have been trying to work myself up for years. But after I went on one at Cedar Point, they kind of freaked me out...maybe this year I will. ;)

I love going upside down!! Especially on Firehawk, theres something about the loop on that ride!! ;)

You assume that three trains would have the same blocking system and crews/guests could make intervals consistently. When the park tested three trains when the ride was new, they found that three trains did not improve capacity. At all.

Perhaps you should ponder loooonnnnger about this train of thought.....

and the old trains also got around the track ALOT faster than they do now. with the new trains there can be an empty station for about two minutes

There is only about 1 i am squeemish to go on and that is Slingshot. I will probanly ride it sooner or later and love it but for now i am a ittle scared of it. Other than that ill ride anything.

In that case you should try jumping out of a C-130 with a full battle pack! Now that is a heck of a rush!!! B)

• 4 months later...