More Pictures from Former Swan Lake

CoastersRZ

KICentral has added more photos of all the work that continues to occur at the former site of the Swan Lake. Form work has been installed for concrete work. And, back behind The Crypt near the train trestle, even more trees have been cleared.

See the photos here.

Nicely done. You have a lot better pictures from the train than I do. I first noticed that extra clearing in the back when I was on The Beast. The train was going up the second lift hill and I looked up that random access road behind the double helix and saw some dirt, so I had to investigate.

Thanks for the photo update – looks to me like Swan Lake will return unless they rename it. Also that ravine looks to narrow wide wise to drop a coaster in with room to come back up and out, unless they go into it long wise.

Also that ravine looks to narrow wide wise to drop a coaster in with room to come back up and out, unless they go into it long wise.

I was about to post the same thing! It could be a quick, surprise drop kinda like Apollo's Charriot at BGE.

Wouldn’t it be cool if it went over the River Town walkway and into a simulated cave, then when it came out it would go over White Water Canyon with geysers squirting up close to the ride, then it would go under the Train bridge and out of the ravine. I love a thrill coaster but theming is more important to me and wonder why we cannot have both. Only time will tell.

Wouldn’t it be cool if it went over the River Town walkway and into a simulated cave, then when it came out it would go over White Water Canyon with geysers squirting up close to the ride, then it would go under the Train bridge and out of the ravine. I love a thrill coaster but theming is more important to me and wonder why we cannot have both. Only time will tell.

That sounds cool! But it's Cedar Fair...

could a diver be coming to ki? first the overly large round footing in the midway (similar th sheikra's) and now the apparent splashdown area..... hmmmmm

i sure wouldnt mind.... some people call dive machines "one trick pony's" but having personally been on sheikra and griffon, i beg to differ. they offer great, unique thrills time after time....

hyper or dive, either way, i'll be satisfied. heck, at least its pretty obvious are lucky enough to be getting a coaster right???

Question about this splash down, so do the riders actually get wet? Or is it like Backlot stunt track? And I was looking at Sheikra's splash down, and is it the actual coaster that splashes the water or is jets like Backlot stunt track? Either way it's a cool feature!

Question about this splash down, so do the riders actually get wet? Or is it like Backlot stunt track? And I was looking at Sheikra's splash down, and is it the actual coaster that splashes the water or is jets like Backlot stunt track? Either way it's a cool feature!

You wont get wet on the ride, but being close the the splash down area will get you wet. And it's differant from Backlot's splashdown. Griffon & Sheikra have a small metal object similar to a pipe at the back of the train slanted at about 45º and it touches the water, thus making water spray out. Wow, that made me seem really smart.

Based on the Sheikra contruction photo from a couple entries back, are you sure it is a B&M dive coaster? In the Sheikra construction photo, the track was in place and then they contructed the concrete retaining walls. The KI swan lake photos show the retaining walls built and nothing between them. Unless the construction sequence has changed for a B&M dive coaster's splash pool, I don't think it's that. Maybe its the Son of Backlot Stunt Coaster! :lol: (Just kidding).

My best guess is that it's a B&M Hyper like recently suggested. If you look at the area where this splashdown would be, notice how that one strip isn't large enough for the width of a Dive Coaster train. I know that the outside of the trains hangover the track, but it still doesn't seem highly likely that this is a Dive Coaster. And from recent articles and from the video on youtube, it says this 2009 Project will be a B&M hyper plus there is a splashdown effect at the very end of the video. I'm not saying this accurately correct, but that proposed idea wasn't just made out of thin air.

My best guess is that it's a B&M Hyper like recently suggested. If you look at the area where this splashdown would be, notice how that one strip isn't large enough for the width of a Dive Coaster train. I know that the outside of the trains hangover the track, but it still doesn't seem highly likely that this is a Dive Coaster. And from recent articles and from the video on youtube, it says this 2009 Project will be a B&M hyper plus there is a splashdown effect at the very end of the video. I'm not saying this accurately correct, but that proposed idea wasn't just made out of thin air.

Can you PM me the link to it.