Halloween Haunt ideas

DropZone99

Guest TombraiderTy

Universal Orlando used that idea for their Carnival of Carnage event last year, not fully my idea. But I'd also like to see a Rotor type attraction (The Asylum) and a Zipper (Texas Chainsaw Massacre).

I say we reorganize the whole park and where the attractions would be located.

The clown house in kiddie land is a bad location.

In each area of the park we need a scare zone that accompanies to the attraction in which it is leading to.

clowns for CarnEvil

Vampires for Club Blood

Possesed town folks for Tombstone Terror-tory

Zombies for Trail of Terror

Goths for Massacre Manor

Pirates for Redbeards Revenge

Prisoners for Death row.

the scare zones can be located around the area of the location. Right before you reach the que line for the attraction.

Here are some Ideas:

CarnEvil- victims enter into a tent like building where the smell and sounds of the ice cream man fill the air. A ring master leads you into your journey. inside are many sideshow type freaks in cages and an announcer telling you about each one. also there will be trapees duo and a few jugglers and clowns. The ice cream man offers you a treat from his ice cream truck consisting of eye balls and stacked brains on a cone. The man at the ticket booth will surprise you when he slams his wooden panel and asks you how many.

Club Blood- The setting will be New York City, The entrance to this scare zone will be closed by police lines. Once inside street lights and black lights give the walls a decorative taste with many graffiti on the wall. Gun shots and screams fill the air. As you enter in and out of the alley ways you will incounter many drug addicts and police chases, and maybe right in the middle of a gang gun fight. also pass by the scene of a jewelry store robbery. This is meant to look like you are walking to the club through a really bad part of town.

thats all i really have at the moment, add anything to it and help out for more ideas.

Guest TombraiderTy

I would rather see new themes. Like the removal of Red Beard's Revenge and converting it back into Cowboy Carnage. And the Rivertown Arcade would make a GREAT location for a haunted house.

I think they should stop using the train and turn Tombstone TERROR-tory into a scare area/zone... like ALL of Rivertown! Imagine if the had put all the actors from the attraction, out roaming around in Rivertown and had more theming up... OMG... it would have been INSANE!!! It'd be comparible to Ghostown at Knotts! -Hauntguy

How about they make the use the train instead of a haunted hayride have a haunted train ride. All they would have to do is slow the train down have fog all over the place and people hiding in the woods trying to get out but scaring people in the process and the train conductor promises you we are not heading towards town but we are just taking a nice ride thorough the woods. then when they reach the town the train stops and there there are vampires all over the place mauling on a body with a man that had been recently hung then all of a sudden the friendly train conductor blows the train whistle which causes the vampires to see you and head on the train but all of a sudden a very bright light shines which is the sun causes them to move off of the train into the town houses. Then a man comes out of the woods and takes out the train conductor and gains control of the train and tells you the story about how you just survived the train conductor wrath about how he would takes his victims to the woods and feeds them to his friends to keep them alive and at sun rise they must be in the town buildings or the melt. But on the way back to he station you see tons of victims laying on the track who were the unlucky ones before you. I think this could be done but I know during the day they have to pumpkin patch express so I don't know how they would pull that off.

The only thing is that I don't think people would be able to understand what was going on, and why would there be sun in the middle of the night? :lol: I like the whole train ride concept though, but i think it makes more sense for it to be like ghost cowboys and stuff instead of vampires.

The only thing is that I don't think people would be able to understand what was going on, and why would there be sun in the middle of the night? :lol: I like the whole train ride concept though, but i think it makes more sense for it to be like ghost cowboys and stuff instead of vampires.

Yeah I thought about that at first but how would we get them off of the train on a sensible manner.My original ideal was zombies.

I think they could use some kind of cheap electronic device or bar code to have on each person to identify and make it a personalized experience for each one. It could have names or anything else they could come up with to use on you.

Think of going to HHN and having a attraction themed to the White Noise movie and what could be done with it with something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
And the incident on the Eiffel Tower happened in 1983, it's been 25 years. I don't really think they'd get any complaints. Also, they'd be hanging, and it's well known Jonny wasn't hung. What would be in bad taste, however, would be a torn body at the bottom of the elevator shaft.

What is the story of Johnny and the Eiffel Tower, for those of us who weren't around in 83?

^ :huh:

I can't say I'm fond of the idea...

But I want to see a carnival like area. While the location is the only problem (NO Coney Mall), here's the attractions:

CarnEVIL

Circus of Horrors 3D:

The circus is in town with a whole cast of frightening characters! Clowns, acrobats, animals, and the ever-so-terrifying ring-master build upon the multi-sensory attraction, leading guests through scenes of the horror that pop-out at guests with the help of 3D glasses. Can you escape, or will you be trapped in the "fun" forever?

Clown Carnage

Armed with knives and chain-saws, the clowns of this scare-zone aren't meant to be funny. Instead, they continually seek their next victim, one which they would be proud to display like man other bodies that now line the pathway. It won't be you, but someone- or something will soon be laughing.

Freak Show

The unwanted and uncared-for freaks of humanity gather together to expose their freakish talents and appearances on-top this wooden stage. From flame-throwers to lizard-women and beyond, the show will cause shrieks and screams for sure.

Ferris Wheel

A 30-foot Ferris wheel, this attraction is presented in a red-spotlight with a soundtrack of creep music accompanying its rotations. Climb aboard- but you may not climb off!

I had (or still have) an idea about using the Picnic Grove as a Haunt zone in itself with at least two or three of the shelters being used as mazes and both the main path to PG/Boom Bay and that mechanical road behind Runaway Reptar used as fearzone midways.

One theme I wanted to see would be the carnEVIL idea you posted with the Ferris Wheel, but I'd rather see the theme expand into a full-fledged haunted carnival amusement park, complete with the moldy remains of a wooden roller coaster and such. Some mazes would be a Dark Ride haunted house, like the recent After Dark Horrorfest movie of the same name that has cheap scenics mixed in with real monsters and dead or dying victims strewn about, along with a Fun House maze that would be more in line with the old house of mirrors attractions from days past.

Then there was Roman entertainment, though PETA would be upset unless the lions always won! And I can just imagine what Cedar Fair would charge for bread at that circus!

Just think of the marketing opportunities:

It's night, it's creepy, and it's just you and the lion--and 20,000 onlookers. Will you live to buy more bread...or will Leo have dinner? Now playing....only at Kings Island...where there no limits during Halloween Haunt! Boo!

I like to see roaming entertainment. Like a PT Barnum freak show from the late 19th century, but one that goes around the park with a barker to introduce each freak.

I love it. I've seen many park guests who would fit nicely into that form of entertainment...:)

Now my idea. Since there are "no limits" and celebrity tragedies are fair game, I would suggest a crashed airplane and a few bodies in the Swan Lake area together with a new sign:

Coming in 2009.......

A ride that will take you high into the air.... You will experience eratic manuevers; dips, dives, loops, circles.... Before ending with a giant SPLASHDOWN!!!!!!!

In 2009, you will experience....."JFK, Jr.: The Ride"

Wouldn't that be more appropriately named after Ted and a lake?

Terpy, who just HAD to...

That would certainly fit as well. But Ted could appear at the Media Day when they announce the ride...

And, for the record beastfan11, I wanted that to sound offensive in order to satirize the "no limits" policy of the Haunt. But, I must admit, I would find that funny too..... :)

I like to see roaming entertainment. Like a PT Barnum freak show from the late 19th century, but one that goes around the park with a barker to introduce each freak.

I love it. I've seen many park guests who would fit nicely into that form of entertainment...:)

Now my idea. Since there are "no limits" and celebrity tragedies are fair game, I would suggest a crashed airplane and a few bodies in the Swan Lake area together with a new sign:

Coming in 2009.......

A ride that will take you high into the air.... You will experience eratic manuevers; dips, dives, loops, circles.... Before ending with a giant SPLASHDOWN!!!!!!!

In 2009, you will experience....."JFK, Jr.: The Ride"

That is hilarious! Epic win!