Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom Opening Day also a few photos

Kentucky Kingdom had a positive opening day. The crowds was the same as a normal Saturday. around 11:30 I thought alot of people wasn't going to show because no one was on any rides but it turned out everyone was in line for their season passes. Superman is gone, the park don't seem right with out it. mega wedgie is nearly complete, it seems their just working on cementing the pool. Also The northwest territory is off the map, Theirs a wooding gate in front of the territory, also Top Eliminator Dragster is still stand and not operating, Its also in the north west territory but it hasnt been operating scene 2005. I do belive this ride is the only ride that would be torn down in the north west territory.

Mega Wedgie

P5100282.jpg

Supermans aka Hellavortors old platform

P5100283.jpg

Superman aka Hellavator old net or shade around the Loony Tunes movie towns fountain

P5100284-1.jpg

deluge open on opening day

P5100285.jpg

the northwest territory close for 2008, notice the gate behind the Flying Dutchman ride

P5100286.jpg

Wow, I must have missed the announcement they were tearing it down, but I guess with good reason. Wonder if they will replace it?

Maybe theyll gat a Gyro Drop,like Drop Tower.It'd be safer becuase the cables are in the inside.I think every major park should have a drop ride!And I thought they removed the Flying Dutchman ride to?I hope they dont cuz thats another peice of KI history.

Wow, I must have missed the announcement they were tearing it down, but I guess with good reason. Wonder if they will replace it?

Maybe theyll gat a Gyro Drop,like Drop Tower.It'd be safer becuase the cables are in the inside.I think every major park should have a drop ride!And I thought they removed the Flying Dutchman ride to?I hope they dont cuz thats another peice of KI history.

doubtful that will happen due to the airport

Kentucky Kingdom would have a better shot at getting either a space shot or turbo drop from S&S.

with it being a completely different firm, and totally different style of ride, the clientèle would me more likely to ride this attraction.

Am I the only one who thinks the shade structure from S.T.O.P. looks tacky in the Looney Tunes area?

Guest rcfreak339
T2 looks like it got a new paint job.

Sadly no... I was baffled when I saw absolutely no changes to T2. They should paint it to it's original color which was red and get the new vekoma trains that came out for SLC's but really I would like to them tear that thing down and put a roller coaster in it's place, Heck they can build a parking lot there for all I care!

• 3 years later...
Also The northwest territory is off the map, Theirs a wooding gate in front of the territory, also Top Eliminator Dragster is still stand and not operating, Its also in the north west territory but it hasnt been operating scene 2005.

I haven't followed Kentucky Kingdom too much, but I do know part of the park was closed off, but I never heard why.