Should I go to the park today!?!?!

IheartKI

I wanted to spend my mother's day with my kids at the park today, but I am not sure if we should go or not! Right now the sun is out (in Jamestown, Ohio) but I am afraid it would not be a good day with the rain. And would they close the park due to the weather if it keeps raining?!?!?! I need advice :)

Well, the rides at Coney were supposed to be open until 6pm today. I was working the ticket table and between 12 and 1:10, I had sold 12 rides bracelets. Needless to say, the operations managers decided to throw in the towel for the day at 1:15. It was cold and rainy and had been doing so since I got there. But, for those twelve people that bought rides bracelets were given comp tickets to return another day.

Not sure about Kings Island, but you`ll likely have frequent ride closures due to the rain. And, run the risk of them closing early like Coney did (or KI last Friday).

It used to be that way where if you went on a rainy day that meant no lines and hardly any attendance but now with all the safety precautions they close most of the rides down in the rain.

I went last year and it was storming all day untill about 12. Then it was off and on showers all day. The park was open the hole time

Guest kwindshawne

This is late-but I showed up to work at 2 and was sent home. It was a ghost town-most of the cars in the lot belonged to employees.

Well, the rides at Coney were supposed to be open until 6pm today. I was working the ticket table and between 12 and 1:10, I had sold 12 rides bracelets. Needless to say, the operations managers decided to throw in the towel for the day at 1:15. It was cold and rainy and had been doing so since I got there. But, for those twelve people that bought rides bracelets were given comp tickets to return another day.

Not sure about Kings Island, but you`ll likely have frequent ride closures due to the rain. And, run the risk of them closing early like Coney did (or KI last Friday).

Ditto while working at tolls today at KI!

I went to the park Sunday and I had a great time. Yeah the rain was a down fall but not having to wait in any lines was a plus. The longest line I waited in was Firehawk and it was only like 10-15 mins. It was weird to be in the park when it was so dead, even on a bring a friend discount day. I have a question, since this bring a friend discount day was a flop do you think there will be an additional bring a friend discount day later in the season?

My feeling on that is if the sun was out and it was warm, the park would have been pretty darn busy this past Sunday. I would think it was safe to say that the park lost money on that day. I think it would be wise to make up the bring a friend day to get a little bit of that money back. I am no money expert, that is for darn sure. Just telling you what I think.

Probably not considering Mason isn't going to get very much rain in the afternoon. Also it's Math and Science day at the park again tommorow so there should still be a pretty decent crowd there mid afternoon, and probably more will come once they get off school and work. I might be going tommorow so I hope not.