Nature Trail

deerhunter

yes, but I was talking about recreational drugs, more specifically marijuana.

I also said that alcohol is worse than marijuana, which is shown in your list above.

You also said MANY of the people i mentioned died from drug abuse or alcohol, but that was only 2 out of about 20 people.

If 10% of a group of 20 people die from one specific preventable thing, I consider that a bad ratio.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I think that there can be a strong argument made and associating depression to many of the people cited. The over use of both drugs and alcohol were as a result or at least causally associated with the depression. Had the depression been recognized and treated many of the circumstances could have been prevented.

I once got a "Monica" during a Richard Marx show at Timberwolf...but Bill Clinton said thats not really sex...so it might not count.

This is a family-friendly forum. Your comments have nothing to do with the serious topic being discussed at hand. Please review the Terms of Service that you agreed to upon registering for these forums before posting again. This is your one and only warning.

So sorry..I guess that was a little harsh..getting off topic too. After iheartKI thought of places to fool around being a good idea and mentioned that"The Phantom Theater was the place for me ha ha!" or Pilotank claiming "The Sky Ride wasn't a bad night..although it wasn't the mile high club"

I assumed..the topic I created had shifted and it was an attempt at humor..I have been banned 4-5 times...hate to go through all that again changing my IP and all...so apologies to all offended.

And I think that there can be a strong argument made and associating depression to many of the people cited. The over use of both drugs and alcohol were as a result or at least causally associated with the depression. Had the depression been recognized and treated many of the circumstances could have been prevented.

WHile I agree that many addicts suffer from depression caused by over-indulgence in alcohol or drugs, I was just saying that recreational drug users can be just as responsible as light drinkers. It just feels like the country is a little uptight these days and not everyone that lights up a joint every now and again is a hardened criminal.

..I have been banned 4-5 times...hate to go through all that again changing my IP and all...so apologies to all offended.

I'm beginning to see a pattern...

Somebody who doesn't know when to shut it? Who doesn't think before he posts? Who can't take a hint?

Study: Marijuana Use In Teens Could Worsen Depression:

http://www.wkyc.com/news/health/health_art...x?storyid=89326

I am not argueing anyone's study...but I recently was diagnosed with bi-polaar disorder at the ripe old age of 42 and was put on zoloft. I had the same issues in high school as I do now. I smoked tons of mj back then..and it helped me through some of the roughest years of my life. My doctor even told me...off the record...I should consider smoking it again if it helped me that much. But...with the neo-McCarthyism going on in the workplace...would not be a wise move.

It should also be noted that: 1) if you are convicted of even a minor offense (such as possession of a single joint), the laws of the State of Ohio require that the Court suspend your driver's license for six months and 2) Ohio recently amended the OVI (formerly DUI) statute to include prohibited levels of certain drugs (similar to the .08level for alcohol that most people are familiar with). Remember, if you smoke weed, it can stay in your system for up to 30 days and you could be subjecting yourself to an OVI offense even if you are not "high" at the time.

Study: Marijuana Use In Teens Could Worsen Depression:

http://www.wkyc.com/news/health/health_art...x?storyid=89326

I am not argueing anyone's study...but I recently was diagnosed with bi-polaar disorder at the ripe old age of 42 and was put on zoloft. I had the same issues in high school as I do now. I smoked tons of mj back then..and it helped me through some of the roughest years of my life. My doctor even told me...off the record...I should consider smoking it again if it helped me that much. But...with the neo-McCarthyism going on in the workplace...would not be a wise move.

Hey, whatever works for you. No one can cookie-cutter us and say something works for everyone or nothing works for anyone. I say do what helps.

Italian Chef, perhaps you'll remember after we share a bag of Funyuns.

I was wondering, when did this nature trail close and what was it like?

Also, I met this guy once that claimed he snuck into KI through the campground. Is this even possible and does anyone have stories of people being caught trying to sneak into the park?

Also, I met this guy once that claimed he snuck into KI through the campground. Is this even possible and does anyone have stories of people being caught trying to sneak into the park?

Used to sneak in back near the railroad close to where the White Water Canyon is...but that was back in the mid 80's

i know i am a little late to post in this but i never went into the nature trail but i can see why it is closed now because of people like this who take advantage of a perk that the park offers as kind of a nature thing and it gets abused. I had heard grad nights were pretty bad for the park but i wish they still had them around because my school did them back in the 80's.

I once got a "Monica" during a Richard Marx show at Timberwolf...but Bill Clinton said thats not really sex...so it might not count.

This is a family-friendly forum. Your comments have nothing to do with the serious topic being discussed at hand. Please review the Terms of Service that you agreed to upon registering for these forums before posting again. This is your one and only warning.

So sorry..I guess that was a little harsh..getting off topic too. After iheartKI thought of places to fool around being a good idea and mentioned that"The Phantom Theater was the place for me ha ha!" or Pilotank claiming "The Sky Ride wasn't a bad night..although it wasn't the mile high club"

I assumed..the topic I created had shifted and it was an attempt at humor..I have been banned 4-5 times...hate to go through all that again changing my IP and all...so apologies to all offended.

I thought your comment was HILARIOUS!!!!! LOL!

i know i am a little late to post in this but i never went into the nature trail but i can see why it is closed now because of people like this who take advantage of a perk that the park offers as kind of a nature thing and it gets abused. I had heard grad nights were pretty bad for the park but i wish they still had them around because my school did them back in the 80's.

I went for my grad night in 1999, and I don't really recall any bad stuff going on! Of course, I was the perfect angel.

I went for my grad night in 1999, and I don't really recall any bad stuff going on! Of course, I was the perfect angel.

By in far, most of those that attended Grad Nights were good.

It was a very small but destructive group on many of the Friday's, though.

I have personally dealt with quite a few people trying to sneak in through various means, but you won't find me posting any of these stories because I don't want to give anyone any ideas on how to defraud the park.