Cedar Point 2008

well i was supposed to go saturday but then i got tickets to the cavs game...awesome game btw...i am really mad but i am now going wednesday and it supposed to rain like all day...i might go thurday now...hopefully the front misses us...but yeah, i was looking at the park webcam on saturday and it was packed. Today it looked deserted so thats good.

Never been to CP..never had the desire. My loyalties have always been with KI. Since CF owns both...I suppose it's retarded to think that way now.

You're missing out on a lot. I love both parks for very different reasons. The overall atmosphere of KI is great, and yes, it has some good rides...I like CP for the constant thrills...

Aside from CP, you're missing a lot of other parks too....you can still be loyal to your "home" park and visit other parks...

EDIT: I'm planning a visit for this coming Sunday, weather permitting...

I went on opening day, the new admission system works with KI passes with no problems. Also one gets in for "point perks" without any problems.

Thanks for the info I was wandering about the perks. When I got my CP E-ticket processed at KI they told me I probably wouldn't get the perks at the other CF parks.

We will be going either right before or after the 4th of July. (During the week of course). I'm thinking the 6th, 7th and 8th.

In July and August, CP gets packed even on weekdays.

I was thinking Monday and Tuesday after the weekend of the 4th might be ok. I figured most people would go back to work after the long weekend. Am I wrong?

I took my 11 year old step-daugter on opening day and had a great time getting my 3X shirts and if you are a male wearing size 44 or more pants then you have an even better time getting kicked off the Intamin rollercoasters because the stupid seatbelts don't fit!! The restraints work/fit fine. Thanks to stupid skinny stick people who slide out from under said restraints, I don't get to ride because of my "adult" size won't allow a seat belt to click. CP used to have seatbelt extensions, but that was long ago.

We will be going either right before or after the 4th of July. (During the week of course). I'm thinking the 6th, 7th and 8th.

In July and August, CP gets packed even on weekdays.

I wouldn't always say that it gets packed on weekday. Some friends and I spent three days up there in July of 2007, longest wait we encountered was thirty minutes for Top Thrill Dragster between tuesday and thursday. Great weather, rained only one day.

Edit: We waited about an hour for Mean Streak. It started raining while we were next in line for the first seat. Once the rain stopped they had to cycle each train five times. I insisted on waiting because I thought maybe, just maybe, it would be a good ride despite what all my friends with me and friends from this site/back home had said, turns out.....they were right. Mean Streak is quite the bore.

would someone explain coaster mania to me and how to get entrance to it.

Its an even where you get to go to the park way early and stay way late, you get Exlusive Ride Times! And other cool stuff! You have to be in a coaster club to get it though. I joined the Coasterfanatics Preminum Membership, i finnaly got my card too!

Just wandering when everybody's first visit to the Point will be this year? We will defintely be going to coaster mania 6-6-08 this is the trip I look forward to the most this year. How about you?

I'm at Cedar Point now for 3 days

I took my 11 year old step-daugter on opening day and had a great time getting my 3X shirts and if you are a male wearing size 44 or more pants then you have an even better time getting kicked off the Intamin rollercoasters because the stupid seatbelts don't fit!! The restraints work/fit fine. Thanks to stupid skinny stick people who slide out from under said restraints, I don't get to ride because of my "adult" size won't allow a seat belt to click. CP used to have seatbelt extensions, but that was long ago.

All three of the people most notably ejected from INTAMIN rides (Superman: Rides of Steel at Darien Lake and Six Flags New England, Perilous Plunge at Knott's Berry Farm) were people of "exceptional size." All three were too large to be adequately restrained, according to INTAMIN. None of them were skinny people who slid out of the restraints. Not one.

From what I saw All Platinum Pass scan expect parks from Dorney, Knotts, Michigans Adventure and Vallyfair do not scan. They still have the old passes because when i scaned in first at the Magnum gate on sat there were a lot of people from Dorney and Michigans Adventure and the guy said those passes dont scan you have to sign in and they give you a ticket.

I went Saturday-Monday. Saturday was rough, but Sunday and Monday were the 2 best days I've ever had there. Can't beat Dragster and Millennium Force walk-ons! :D AND I got 2 rollbacks on Dragster. Amazing. Not to mention the highlight of the trip.... First train on Dragster in '08!

I went on opening day, the new admission system works with KI passes with no problems. Also one gets in for "point perks" without any problems.

Thanks for the info I was wandering about the perks. When I got my CP E-ticket processed at KI they told me I probably wouldn't get the perks at the other CF parks.

With the platinum pass, you should receive "perks" at every CF park...