Avatar Airbender "16 year-old" seat question

tigellinus

So after hearing many people say that Avatar is not just a kids ride and has the potential to be good (nothing new I know!), I tried riding it for the first time this past Saturday.

My question is, while I rode it in the back, I later found out about this "16 year-old" seat (the one closest to the blue platform) and wanted to know if that is the most intense seat on the ride?

I'm guessing it is since you have to be at least 16 years-old to sit in it, but I wanted to know if that's the most thrilling seat??

While I thought Avatar was ok (for a kids ride, which I haven't ridden any true kids rides since being a kid), I definitely wouldn't wait more than the 30 minutes or so I did for it, but it did have a few brief moments of thrill for the back seat that I was in.

The back seats are the best. Small children aren't allowed to sit on the outside seats (the last to load)...due to the seating configuration of the ride.

Note that the park has called this ride a roller coaster in the past! :)

Man, I thought that meant you had to be a 16 year old to fit in the seat. Those with wider hips beware. OWWW....

Interesting that they list those as powered coasters but do not list rides such as Blazing Fury at Dollywood...what's the difference? Probably those powered coasters do have a portion that coasts, and conventional coasters are powered up the lift hills...One thing is for sure, there can be endless arguments over what is and is not a coaster...I just find it interesting that the same park that counts Racer as one coaster counts Avatar: The Lost Airbender as a coaster!

So in other words, you're basically saying that the 16 year-old requirement is NOT due to any additional thrill, but rather KI doesn't want a kid sitting next to the entry door??

Like in a similar situation to sitting by the exit/emergency door on an airplane?

So in other words, you're basically saying that the 16 year-old requirement is NOT due to any additional thrill, but rather KI doesn't want a kid sitting next to the entry door??

Like in a similar situation to sitting by the exit/emergency door on an airplane?

yes, the only reason ki doesn't want children setting there is because they are not as big as the adults in the row therefore they could slip out of the open seat.

Guest TombraiderTy

I find it unfair age is used to determine if you can sit in the end seat. Instead, why not body size? Isn't that what it should be?

yes, the only reason ki doesn't want children setting there is because they are not as big as the adults in the row therefore they could slip out of the open seat.

Wait a minute....so you're saying the row doesn't actually have a door to it?! I guess I wasn't paying attention to that part!

Anyway, while the ride was ok, I wish the cycle was longer and had more intensity (i.e. went higher on the ends and went faster over the airtime hill)....but if the line was short and I was bored I would try it again (especially since you can't cut through Swan Lake anymore), but I'm guessing only the back row is good, and I wonder if a middle seat is better than the 1-1 corner back row seat I had.