At least it's not $4 a gallon ... yet :)

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to think that on the third of March, I paid $2.99 a gallon. Now, a little more then a month later, and the cost of gas has gone up nearly a $1 a gallon. That hurts even for me, commuting to and from work. I have to refill about once every two weeks. My car holds 17 gallons, so that increase right there is $17 more in gas every second week, just in the last two months. I shudder to think how recreational enterprises (Cedar Fair included) can think that higher gas prices will help them in any way.

Guest kwindshawne
I'm complaining that it is over 2 dollars!

As my father says, the reason the gas prices went up is...

Because someone farted in outer Mongolia.

Boy is that true, they will go up for just about anything.

:lol: :lol:

It is 3.95 here-I totally expect it to be $5 by mid summer. I have decided to hold off buying a condo-I think a hybrid car makes more sense at this stage of my life.

So now it's not drugs or food but gasoline or breakfast?

And Kinzel thinks people are still going to go to his parks? More than if gas prices were lower? My head really hurts.

I think she had mentioned she was skipping breakfast to save up to pay for a trip to CP?

Premium hit $4.15/gal down here in Southern O-Hi-uh.

Who uses premium gas and why?

I allways buy the "CHEAP" gas and have never had any issues with it, never needed any repairs caused by using it.

I sure don't use premium in my vehicle. No point in doing so. Just kind of wild to see any price go over the $4.00 threshold.

And it is still Mr. Kinzel's theory that these higher gas prices will actually help Cedar Fair? My head hurts.

He's going with the glass is half full theory. ;)

But he could be correct. Only because, people/ families could be inclined to spend their money closer to home as opposed to traveling a great distance. Most of the CF parks are rather close to larger cities.

So now it's not drugs or food but gasoline or breakfast?

And Kinzel thinks people are still going to go to his parks? More than if gas prices were lower? My head really hurts.

I think she had mentioned she was skipping breakfast to save up to pay for a trip to CP?

See, Kinzel does know what he's talking about - I think she said she's saving up for a season's pass...

Guest kwindshawne
Aruba I saw on the national news was $12 a gallon thats not worth driving around there you could just ride a bike and speaking of bikes the sales are going through the roof. A lot of people should invest in one or a motorcycle haha :D

Two things that bother me-bad drivers, and hitting a deer. Liam Neeson hit one with his bike when I lived in NY, and broke his hip. He's lucky he didn't die. Otherwise, it makes perfect sense. I am still considering it.

In Mr. Kinzel's defense, Mr. Mark Shapiro is singing the exact same story.

I hope they aren't just whistling in the dark....but I still think most people will see park spending as discretionary spending...and will see it as one of the first things NOT to spend...

It seems like, for many people, discretionary spending is the last thing they give up. I know many people, personally, that have given up homes, cars, credit scores, etc., but don't quit eating out, bowling, etc.

Well this blows. Being in college and forced to drive 35 miles to my co-op and 35 miles back home every day sucks. I get 32 mi/gal, but spending $50-$60 on gas every week hurts, especially on an already tight budget trying to save for school, pay for food, rent, books, utilities, car insurance...

I know a lot of people complain that these high prices hurt them, but being a kid in college and financially on your own (and having to drive to work every day-part of your education!) is pretty darn tough. I thank God for still being on my parent's health insurance...if something happened, I don't know what I would do.

Sometimes, I can't believe that this is actually the world I'm living in.

Guest kwindshawne
Well this blows. Being in college and forced to drive 35 miles to my co-op and 35 miles back home every day sucks. I get 32 mi/gal, but spending $50-$60 on gas every week hurts, especially on an already tight budget trying to save for school, pay for food, rent, books, utilities, car insurance...

I know a lot of people complain that these high prices hurt them, but being a kid in college and financially on your own (and having to drive to work every day-part of your education!) is pretty darn tough. I thank God for still being on my parent's health insurance...if something happened, I don't know what I would do.

Sometimes, I can't believe that this is actually the world I'm living in.

You are not the only one struggling. I am 42, and still having trouble staying afloat. Just today I decided I wont be able to ever buy another residence, so I am just going to live as well as I can with what I have.

Legally can the government do anything about the gas prices??? Is this a way to break Americans from using more and more fuel every year??? Today I had to do something I really really hate to do and that was cancel my reservations for Myrtle Beach in July, having a 36 foot travel trailer I took down there this past April cost me 600 in gas. The way it is rising right now, there is no way I can afford to take it down there in July. I am going to take the money I have saved and put a down payment on another small car and park that camper in the backyard facing the Ohio river, so this summer I will be camping in the backyard, might not be so bad, have a boat and a pool, my own little campground. Again are the oil companies wanting to watch America fold and fall????

Guest kwindshawne
Legally can the government do anything about the gas prices??? Is this a way to break Americans from using more and more fuel every year??? Today I had to do something I really really hate to do and that was cancel my reservations for Myrtle Beach in July, having a 36 foot travel trailer I took down there this past April cost me 600 in gas. The way it is rising right now, there is no way I can afford to take it down there in July. I am going to take the money I have saved and put a down payment on another small car and park that camper in the backyard facing the Ohio river, so this summer I will be camping in the backyard, might not be so bad, have a boat and a pool, my own little campground. Again are the oil companies wanting to watch America fold and fall????

I think so..I am quite angry over things right now...this all could have been prevented by investing in alternate sources of energy, which we have had the knowledge to do for years.

Maybe we should change the title of this thread to At least it's not $5 a gallon...yet

what's 5 cents?

Guest kwindshawne
I live in one of the highest poverty areas. Eastern Ky/ Western and Southern West Virginia and the gas stations are killing us here, 3.99 here today. People can make fun of us if they want but might be an idea to go back to horse and buggy days.

I dont think that's a bad idea at all-in fact its very sensible if you have the means to do it. And why not? Without the distractions of in car vcr's, the radio, cell phones and all those gadgets, perhaps people can go back to actually talking again. I would do it to my job if I knew I wouldn't get shot getting there.

I have complained enough today-just gonna watch and see what happens from here...tootles!!