At least it's not $4 a gallon ... yet :)

And if you think it is bad now, know that oil, so far, is still sold for dollars on the world market. There are those who want the sales to switch to the Euro or some other currency. If/when that happens, dollar weaknesses will be even more magnified than currently....put another way, there is a substantial chance you ain't seen nothin' yet!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And in Connecticut and Alaska, the average price for regular self serve is now over four dollars.....

Be careful with that kind of statement.

People in Connecticut and Alaska Vote.

If they are Voting they are likely voting for not only issues but political candidates.

If they are Voting for political candidates those statements could be construed as political.

If it is political the topic will be closed.

Guest kwindshawne

Oh my God-I am not going to complain any longer about gas prices around here-check this out....

http://www.whiotv.com/automotive/16315176/detail.html

I am going there in July, and can't imagine what that costs. My sister drives from Wasilla to Anchorage and everyone there drives suv's due to the rough conditions. I am going against my original plans and going to spend a small portion of my stimulus check for a starter digital camera. I will be traveling there in July for a fishing trip and a trip report may be coming ;)

On another side note, even though their prices are higher, you have to remember residents of Alaska share in the pipeline profits, and this year was a record. If not for the cold weather, and lack of coasters, I would consider relocating there.

Ragrdless, politics is not welcome on these forums, plenty of other places to discuss politics on the internet.

ANy further deviation will result in the closure of this topic.

Sorry about that, Gordon. I won't make any more political comments.

If gas goes to $7.00, I could see a whole lot of people looking for second or third incomes.

KI Beast said: "If gas goes to $7.00, I could see a whole lot of people looking for second or third incomes."

I think actually, by that time the hydrogen car will be somewhat available and the next marketing phenomenon. Or, people will combat it by selling gas-guzzlers, and reverting to bicycling, or riding little motor scooters or motorcycles. I wouldn't get additional jobs for gas prices, that's just giving it!

People also don't know about the whole betting system that exists...Investors make bets on the market or commodities as to what they'll do. It's a fairly common practice. A lot of investors made a lot of bad bets with oil and have to recover their losses somehow...unfortunately it's at the people's expense.

Pretty sickening.

I would be surprised to see gas go much higher than $5 per gallon for a good while. This summer is going to suck, but people are cutting back which will begin to slightly soften the blow of price surging. Remember...SUPPLY AND DEMAND: IT'S WHAT DRIVES THE MARKET!!!

Yeah, that will work....like they HAVE to sell us ANY oil. China and India will be glad to buy it...and we can then do without...or with as much as we can produce domestically and buy from non-OPEC sources. US Law does not apply in the MidEast. Funny how that works.

What they can not do without is the protections that the US military afford.

I'm not certain that the Saudi's would be too excited about utilizing China's military for protection.

As far as OPEC, as I understand it we only receive about 15% of our fuel oil from the middle east.

Soooooo, best be looking towards our sources in Mexico, Central and South America as a good chunk comes from there.

Guest kwindshawne

I was talking to a driver in the company I work for, and he said he was not taking a trip with his family this year-I got to thinking-I wonder how many other families will stay home this year? The only good thing to come out of this would be families would spend more time together instead of running off to do their own things.

I was talking to a driver in the company I work for, and he said he was not taking a trip with his family this year-I got to thinking-I wonder how many other families will stay home this year? The only good thing to come out of this would be families would spend more time together instead of running off to do their own things.

I have also heard this from a few people. I think Cedar Fair will do ok, but I don't think it will be as great as Mr. Kinzel thinks it will be! Places like Walt Disney World will be hit VERY hard by these high gas prices. People usually drive there because they couldn't afford to FLY the whole family to WDW, now they can't afford to drive them there either!

I have also heard this from a few people. I think Cedar Fair will do ok, but I don't think it will be as great as Mr. Kinzel thinks it will be! Places like Walt Disney World will be hit VERY hard by these high gas prices. People usually drive there because they couldn't afford to FLY the whole family to WDW, now they can't afford to drive them there either!

I'm thinking that Disney and Universal will be hit far less than CF and SF Parks. (CP Included)

Disney has shown over the years a certain immunity to such economic downturns.