At least it's not $4 a gallon ... yet :)

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well T. Boone Pickens is declaring $300 oil in 10 years if nothing is done.

I know he is pushing his wind project, but just seems like he has to have an agenda. Ive seen national adds and everything for his plan. He is a business man and I cant believe he is just trying to get support behind his wind project.

• 3 weeks later...

Demand is down in the U.S. for oil, which helps gas prices now. However, relentless growth in China and India will keep prices above $3 a gallon forever.

And the fact that the U.S. dolllar is falling in value faster that President Bush's approval rating doesn't help costs at the pump either.

If you mean the president's approval rating, let's leave the politics about all of this out before y'all get me yet another of my way too many threads closed! If you mean the price of oil, I'd hope it would fall to the same price that Mr. Kinzel seemed fascinated with earlier this year (but not so much now), mere nickels!

And the fact that the U.S. dolllar is falling in value faster that President Bush's approval rating doesn't help costs at the pump either.

Be careful when you insert politics into conversation.

The dollar has actually been slowly gaining back lost value...it's up against the Euro to its highest level in six months. The Yen and GBP have also fallen to the dollar over the past year or so.

I too filled up yesterday...for $3.59 a gallon...who hoo!!!

• 4 weeks later...
$9 per barrel? $108.53 is more like it. Although, $9 would be nice....I just filled my car up for 50 cents!

You may want to read a little closer next time before you troll. Crude is now down $6.58 a barrel.

Excuse me, he apologized to you for misreading your statement, you may want to read the entire amount of posts before you hurl an insult at somebody and I'd really watch who you call a troll.

Didnt oil drop to just above $100 a barrel. If oil prices are coming down how come gasoline isnt?

Because although, the price of Crude has gone down, the cost of refinement is near an all time high. Also Demand has peaked back up with lower prices. This creates an equilibrium price between the supply and high refinement costs with gasoline overuse due to lowering prices.

Remember consumer gasoline price relates to Crude, Refinement, and supply and demand.

Crude prices for the most part are controlled by supply and demand, and the cost of drilling. You basically take one of the criterion away from the price adjustment. Not to mention Gasoline price also includes a tax, which varies from time to time, usually directly related to supply and demand.

Its more complicated than this...but this is the basic summary, I hope it helps somewhat!

Lately I've seen gas dropping, slowly but surely.

Every morning as I take the bus to school I glance at the gas price at the local Gas America, sometimes on the way home from school it's changed as much as $0.05 in either direction, although on one freak occasion I did see a 20 cent drop, which I'm guessing was a mistake in putting the prices up.