At least it's not $4 a gallon ... yet :)

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I filled my truck up this morning at 3.89 a gallon, it cost me $89.30 for about 23 gallons. I was holding out as long as i could, but if i didn't do it this morning, i wouldn't have made it to school. Plus if I waited much longer it probably would've gone up, knowing how things work.

*raises eyebrows*

Would Ike Really have that much effect alone, or do you think something else is coming into play, ripple effect maybe?

I'm confused. :wacko:

Yeah I was confused too was going to fill up on they way to work yesterday morning.But I figured eh I'll just wait and do it on the way home.Mistake should have done it on the way in cause it was only 3.49 so i went at 11 when the next manager came in.It was already at 3.89 in 5 hrs.

I think it is a price gouging situation..........it's just to fishy for it to have gone up by a dollar in a matter of 12 hrs.

Hey we are paying 4.49 here in Knoxville, Tn. guys. At least thats what it was around 7pm last night.

*raises eyebrows*

Would Ike Really have that much effect alone, or do you think something else is coming into play, ripple effect maybe?

I'm confused. :wacko:

This is part of it:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

• 2 weeks later...

OK

Wondering if it's as bad in Ohio as it is in Georgia.

The gas stations have been out of gas for over week now.

When a station does get gas it's only one grade gas and the lines can run from one to two hours wait.

I don't remember the lines being this bad in the 70's embargo.

Wondering if Ohio is seeing anything like what we are experiencing down here.

It was like that in Mason, Ohio on the Monday following Ike, but it quickly went back to normal. In my 70-mile-wide circle of travels, I haven't seen it like that since.

I hope it gets back to normal for you quickly. :unsure:

Yeah, it's actually crazy down here as people are actually stranded with NO Gas what so ever.

I've never seen this type of thing.

People are actually not able to make it into work as they can not find gas to put in their vehicles.

It was like that in Mason, Ohio on the Monday following Ike, but it quickly went back to normal. In my 70-mile-wide circle of travels, I haven't seen it like that since.

I hope it gets back to normal for you quickly. :unsure:

Yeah, it's actually crazy down here as people are actually stranded with NO Gas what so ever.

I've never seen this type of thing.

People are actually not able to make it into work as they can not find gas to put in their vehicles.

And yet they are still going to have the Georgia game, at last word. Many people will get there and not have enough gas to return. Even if they find gas, that is gas a local could have used to go to work or even the hospital (which could even be one and the same).

Call me silly, but not postponing that game is ridiculous.

And yet they are still going to have the Georgia game, at last word. Many people will get there and not have enough gas to return. Even if they find gas, that is gas a local could have used to go to work or even the hospital (which could even be one and the same).

Call me silly, but not postponing that game is ridiculous.

Well, I understand not postponing.

The Alabama v Georgia game is a huge game. In fact, college football in the South is like no where else I've seen in the country. It's a huge part of life.

The issue is that many of the people that come from Alabama will stuck and stranded here until Monday or Tuesday they say.