At least it's not $4 a gallon ... yet :)

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's discretionary spending? I suspect Cedar Fair is about to find out people do not HAVE to spend $3.59 for a Coke, nor $5 and change for what is supposedly two pieces of LaRosa's pizza, nor $10 to park a car at a park. This IS going to hurt attendance and revenues at parks. No doubt about it.

Also many will think twice, three times or more before they renew what Mr. Kinzel calls season's passes...if they renew at all.

What's discretionary spending? I suspect Cedar Fair is about to find out people do not HAVE to spend $3.59 for a Coke, nor $5 and change for what is supposedly two pieces of LaRosa's pizza, nor $10 to park a car at a park. This IS going to hurt attendance and revenues at parks. No doubt about it.

Also many will think twice, three times or more before they renew what Mr. Kinzel calls season's passes...if they renew at all.

Well thankfully for the seassonal parks, the seasson is almost over. Time for the economy to turn around. I think this summer the regional parks like KI, Cedar Point, and Michigans Adventure benefited from the weak economy. Rather than go to the beach, folks went to their local amusement park.

Terpy my friend, I dont see the economy hurting parks too bad yet nor next seasson. I dont think the economy is that bad yet. Plus I think when parks start opening up next seasson the economy will be starting the recovery process.

You are indeed correct Interpreter, my Wife and I got home from our final KI visit last Saturday night, and both Platinum Passes went file 13... and I am one of the group that will not be dropping $150 bones apiece to purchace any more. Its not ENTIRELY due to the cutback on discretionary spending in our case.... but that is a part of it.

^^Ok....but you are aware that KI is now getting not only their likely best coaster ever, BUT (depending on how everything comes together) potentially the best, if not most fun coaster in the world!?!?

Granted by using $25 discount tix from Indy you'd have to go a lot to make the PP worth it, but what about downgrading to a Gold Pass?? It seems many other posters here have talked about doing that since Diamondback will increase their KI visits, and likely trim back on their CP visits.

Funny thing is, I never stepped foot on CP property, or that of any other CF parks with the exception of KI this year, and WOF once. We wanted to go to KD to ride Dominator again, but we got too busy with other things. As I said, change in discretionary spending is not the only reason for not buying Passes next year... I am NOT one who deals well with wall to wall crowds or 2 plus hour wait times for rides. I could not get out of the park fast enough on Kinevel day, or as I fondly referred to it.. Sturgis Southeast. As far as DB is concerned... I agree that it will be a fantastic ride, and I will Man up and wait in the line for it once a visit... but what I like about it most is that it will (hopefully) reduce wait times for Beast :D .

Railrider, you might want to consult your local authorities on the environmental regulations concerning such underground storage tanks...though you have chosen a size that avoids many (but by no means all) of the possible problems....by about 100 gallons....

BEAST1979, gasoline is NOT flammable. The fumes, however....

_security_razor_big.gif

Dont think I will have that to worry about seeing as I set up a perimeter fence around the family compound during intial construction.

;)

Seriously though, under $2 is amazing and should help the economy seeing as we aren't paying $4 a gallon. Especially all the commuters out there it is huge.

• 2 weeks later...