At least it's not $4 a gallon ... yet :)

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.99 in Athens, Ohio. Has been for the past three weeks. I keep filling up outside of Cincy every time I have to drive to and from here. I have a quarter of a tank and will drive that as far as I can on Thursday night so I don't have to fill up here.

BUT, virtually all of the gasoline in Cinci is reformulated, oxygenated gasoline. It may not go nearly as far as (though it is much cleaner than) the gasoline you purchase in Athens, which is not reformulated and usually not oxygenated. Sometimes, that which appears cheapest is not.

But only marginally lower, Refinement costs still are high, and crude price comes down disproportionately to Gasoline price.

(If Crude moves to 70, and Gas prices are still at $3.00 look for people to start filing complaints with/on OPEC) Talk about windfall.

Uh, how does one file complaints with OPEC? Why would a cartel care? It sets prices based on what it thinks it can get. Want to file a complaint with OPEC? Use less oil.

I think BEAST1979 meant $2 and something gas by then...as in under $3.

And I've learned to never predict prices...anything can happen...almost anything. Gas could be a quarter and virtually none of us could afford it. Everything is relative. Gas could also be ten dollars a gallon. Time will tell, and Newsweek will try to tell us why.