Some things i WISH could happen

Guest wwe41002

Guest wwe41002

i would like to see more fair rides there and more water rides. i could see it now longist log flume ride in the world! lol seriously. what would you like to see happen and do you like my ideas?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there is always the twelve car Eli Bridge Ferris Wheel that runs at Coney Island.

And you`d be surprised at how fast it goes! I`ve had more people comment to me when I was operating that ride, that it is the fastest Ferris Wheel they`ve ever seen/ been on. And believe it or not, it produces a fair amount of protein spills!

id really like to see bumper cars that can really bump! the current ones at Kings Island are quite unenjoyable... the ones at coney island are pretty sweet, but the best ones ive been on had to be the dollywood bumper cars, dang they were quick.

Guest wwe41002
i would like to see more fair rides there and more water rides. i could see it now longist log flume ride in the world! lol seriously. what would you like to see happen and do you like my ideas?

Obviously the Ferris Wheel has been mentioned but what kind of fair rides are you thinking?

i was thinking of things along the line like a huge gravitron, bumper boats, or even put in a swinging dagling ride. another thing i would like to see is one of those fun houses a huge one the worlds largest it could be were the scooby doo thing is now.

^ I can't picture KI ever getting a fun house. When I think of those, I think of the portable ones that are at large festivals.

Didn't KI previously have a "fun house" type place at one time? I seem to remember when I was a kid going through a house of mirrors at KI where the outside was shaped like a house of cards. Am I making that up?

Guest TombraiderTy

Coney Island had many fun houses in its history. Kings Island, however, featured attractions comparable to fun houses, like Scooby's Sticks.

Guest TombraiderTy

I've had the same idea for about a year now. It could be Geauga Lake's old wheel, keeping its original name "Americana Wheel". The Racer would be renamed "The American Racer" and have a patriotic paint job. The Americana Wheel would be in front of The Racer on the Launch Pad sight. Its elevation would make it a "weenie", and its location would allow the non-thrill seekers and those too short to ride Vortex to instead ride the Americana Wheel while their families travel upside-down six times on a twisted metal monster. One final idea would be the long-time closed food-stand next door, I believe it was originally Coney Refreshments, could be converted into "American Traditions", which would feature hamburgers, hot dogs, and other American foods.

^ I can't picture KI ever getting a fun house. When I think of those, I think of the portable ones that are at large festivals.

Didn't KI previously have a "fun house" type place at one time? I seem to remember when I was a kid going through a house of mirrors at KI where the outside was shaped like a house of cards. Am I making that up?

paulsphotoholdtank1049zu1.jpg

Fool House**

I've had the same idea for about a year now. It could be Geauga Lake's old wheel, keeping its original name "Americana Wheel". The Racer would be renamed "The American Racer" and have a patriotic paint job. The Americana Wheel would be in front of The Racer on the Launch Pad sight. Its elevation would make it a "weenie", and its location would allow the non-thrill seekers and those too short to ride Vortex to instead ride the Americana Wheel while their families travel upside-down six times on a twisted metal monster. One final idea would be the long-time closed food-stand next door, I believe it was originally Coney Refreshments, could be converted into "American Traditions", which would feature hamburgers, hot dogs, and other American foods.

No,The Racer will remain The Racer.Just paint it red white and blue.That would be a good Idea but isnt The Americana Wheel gonna look outta place.Its Huge!

Fool House**

Wasn't really a "fun house"

It was a walk through attraction that had a maze and had some mirrors in it.

Guest TombraiderTy

Is the Americana Wheel really 120 feet tall!?

I've always thought it was like 40-50 feet. I've never seen it though, so I was just guessing from a few pictures.

You might as well knock out the old Lazer Tag building and Flight Commander waiting queue to make a large enough platform for the ride... but the ride being that height would still make it a great weenie to draw guests.

I agree, something needs to go into that space on Coney Mall, The Eurobungy does not attract enough people to that side of the midway. In fact, that refreshment stand that is next to the speed pitch game and skee ball building has had all of its windows boarded up. Likely a result of not enough foot traffic passing by it to justify opening it.

I would like a Ferris Wheel in Flight Commanders spot.It would be nice to see a roaring train of people zoom by on The Racer while your enjoying your view of Coney Mall. :)

Here here! I have said for a mighty long time that Kings Island needs a ferris wheel. Every amusement park should have one!

I would like a Ferris Wheel in Flight Commanders spot.It would be nice to see a roaring train of people zoom by on The Racer while your enjoying your view of Coney Mall. :)

Here here! I have said for a mighty long time that Kings Island needs a ferris wheel. Every amusement park should have one!

Kings Island has had two.

One in Oktoberfest and one called Zodiac (if you would consider that a ferris wheel).

Guest TombraiderTy

I would count Zodiac as a Ferris wheel.

Besides, as mentioned above, the Ferris wheel would be a great thing for the non-thrill seekers to ride as the rest of their party does Vortex.