Some things i WISH could happen

Guest wwe41002

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im kinda scared of Ferris Wheels, just the ones at Oktoberfests and Carnivals, and last time i went to SFKK (about 5 years ago) i was scared of theirs. But i would love if KI got one!

Me too, ferris wheels freak me out. I don't know why, I mean I'll ride any roller coaster you throw at me but there's just something about ferris wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

Ferris wheel is an obvious necessity

Skyride is also sorely needed ( nice way to relax while still enjoying the park), it could be really long!

Does anyone remember those hovercraft/bumber car things the had at Americana? those were fierce.

What about reworking the Go-Karts into a decent length road course and actually making it a fun attraction?

Wow never realized how much I missed Americana, might as well throw in an old west shootout during the train ride!

:P

I think a skyride would be nice, but where would KI put it?

Also, a Ferris wheel is a neccesity for a great park I think. But the Ferris wheel at CP is kinda scary because when you get on top the lake breezes sway you side to side a little. But, I think KI needs one. I think somewhere in Coney Mall would be great, maybe take out the old laser tag area.

For those in the Cincinnati area that need a Ferris Wheel fix, Coney has their Ferris Wheel, although it runs quite a bit faster then most other Eli Bridge Ferris Wheels. Additionally, Coney has the Rock O Plane that used to reside at LeSourdsville Lake.

I doubt we see a Ferris Wheel return to KI anytime soon. KI has had two Ferris Wheels in its history, and both of them are long since gone. Yes, the Laser tag/ Eurobungy area could use some sprucing up as that area suffers from a lack o foot traffic, I doubt we see a Ferris Wheel installed there. Ferris Wheels are rather low capacity rides. Don`t get me wrong, I think that location would be perfect for a Ferris Wheel. Too bad Cedar Fair decided not to move Geauga Lake`s Ferris Wheel down to KI. I think it would have been a wonderful family friendly addition to KI>

• 1 month later...
Personally, I would love a new, long(ish) log flume. After the new ride for '09, something different like that would make a great addition to the park.

I agree with you whole heartedly.

Let's examine this.

Wild Thornberry's River Adventure (aka Kings mills/Kings Mills log flume) was originally constructed in 1968 for Coney Island-then moved overwinter 1971-1972 for Kings Island.. revamped in 2002. essentially the same ride.

Next water ride added? Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal in 1973. Arrow Dynamic's hydroflume. Removed in 2001 for TR:TR.

NEXT water ride- White Water Canyon. Intamin AG's Raging Rivers ride in 1985.. which if they remove someone will have to pay...

and finally THE *LAST* water ride to be added, in it's *21st* operating season Congo Falls (aka Amazon Falls)...

IT HAS BEEN 21 years since Kings Island has introduced a new water ride...

If you ask me... it is HIGH TIME.

Personally, I would love a new, long(ish) log flume. After the new ride for '09, something different like that would make a great addition to the park.

I agree with you whole heartedly.

Let's examine this.

Wild Thornberry's River Adventure (aka Kings mills/Kings Mills log flume) was originally constructed in 1968 for Coney Island-then moved overwinter 1971-1972 for Kings Island.. revamped in 2002. essentially the same ride.

Next water ride added? Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal in 1973. Arrow Dynamic's hydroflume. Removed in 2001 for TR:TR.

NEXT water ride- White Water Canyon. Intamin AG's Raging Rivers ride in 1985.. which if they remove someone will have to pay...

and finally THE *LAST* water ride to be added, in it's *21st* operating season Congo Falls (aka Amazon Falls)...

IT HAS BEEN 21 years since Kings Island has introduced a new water ride...

If you ask me... it is HIGH TIME.

I guess all those slides and wave pools don"t count?

Does anyone remember those hovercraft/bumber car things the had at Americana? those were fierce.

I was thinking the same thing. That was the Indy 500. We rode that thing I think 30 times one day when I was about 10 years old. They made us go ride something else between rides though. The cars ran on a wooden track like a bowling alley with metal strips inbetween the wooden planks and they were really fast.

http://soaphs.com/americana/indy.htm

i agree with the water ride idea. something that will get you wet, but not as wet as you get on congo falls and white water canyon because sometimes walking around that drenched can get annoying.

i know you dont get too wet on wild thornberry's but maybe a ride with more thrill than that.

id really like to see bumper cars that can really bump! the current ones at Kings Island are quite unenjoyable... the ones at coney island are pretty sweet, but the best ones ive been on had to be the dollywood bumper cars, dang they were quick.

or remove the IDIOTIC idea of the ring in the mittle of the room [b4 the ring it was the largest rink IN THE WORLD and if thay got rid of the ring it would STILL be the biggest]

GIVE US A ENTRPRIZE \ SKYLAB I WILL AVENGE U :angry: <wow am i mad

This is extremely random but is Mason considered a Dayton Suburb or a Cincinnati Suburb?

I would consider it a suburb of cincy. i am from dayton and mason is like 40 min away i believe and i have never heard it called a suburb of dayton.

is there any certain reason for asking?