Clown Band, HB Show, Extended Fireworks & Live Entertainment Featured at Knievel Jump

kjkjkj

Guest TombraiderTy

This just keeps on getting worse and worse for me... I'll be stuck in Georgia this weekend for my cousin's graduation. Is it not enough to just send a card? <_<

But the return of the Clown Band... that's something I've always craved Kings Island would return. Sounds like it'll be awesome.

*MOD EDIT: Changed topic title to more appropriately reflect the news at hand.

For your convenience:

HANNA-BARBERA CHARACTERS, CLOWN BAND, AIR SHOW AND EXPANDED FIREWORKS HIGHLIGHT KNIEVEL FESTIVITIES

Guests of all ages are in for a special treat when they visit Kings Island Saturday, May 24, as those fun-loving characters from the Happy Land of Hanna-Barbera return to the park for a special appearance as part of the pre-jump festivities for ‘Kaptain’ Robbie Knievel’s death-defying, world-record attempt to clear 24 Coke Zero trucks on his motorcycle.

Those fun-loving characters Fred Flinstone, Barney Rubble, Dino, George Jetson, Astro and Yogi Bear, along with their pal Scooby Doo, will be available to meet visitors and pose for photographs during the day in front of the Kings Island Theater.

In addition to the opportunity to see Hanna-Barbera characters wandering in the park again, a variety of live entertainment will be available for guests to enjoy, including the ONE TIME RETURN of the Kings Island CLOWN BAND! Other musical acts slated to appear include the Goshorn Brothers, 3 Degrees, Kristen Key, Marsha Brady, Catch 22, Johnny Combs and Dallas Moore.

The Mason Jump Rope team will be on hand to showcase their talents, plus have your camera ready for a spectacular air show that will be performed prior to the jump at 7 p.m.

An expanded fireworks extravaganza, which can be seen from anywhere in the park, will end the evening a 10 p.m. You don’t want to miss it!

Marsha Brady? How about that for nostalgia.

Guest TombraiderTy

Why not have this Brady Bunch reunion discussed at Winter SOAR with this? They may as well keep on adding icing to the cake.

Too bad the revival of the Kings Island Clown Band (which was known as the Kings of Komedy, Kings Island Clown Band back in the day), won`t be a permanent feature this summer. It would be awesome to have roaming musicians in the park again!

It's actually the same Clown Band that was around in the 80s. Apparently the park kept in contact with the performers and they all wanted to come back.

I love the clown band as well and am glad to hear that all of the original members will be back....but if memory serves me right I believe that they were an acrobatic bunch so it will be interesting to see how acrobatic they are now :unsure:

It's actually the same Clown Band that was around in the 80s. Apparently the park kept in contact with the performers and they all wanted to come back.

I love the clown band as well and am glad to hear that all of the original members will be back....but if memory serves me right I believe that they were an acrobatic bunch so it will be interesting to see how acrobatic they are now :unsure:

Hopefully no wheelchairs and walkers your sayin. :)

Keep in mind that part of the Clown Band was still around around 1990s. Yes, that is almost twenty years. But its not like they were that old when they were in the Clown Band. I actually have an uncle that was a drummer for the Kings Island Clown Band for a few seasons. Not sure if he is one of the returning members or not.