Indoor Rides

beastrider97

Do any of the indoor rides close in the rain? I have never been on a rainy day (except opening day 2008) and never rode any indoor rides during that period.

i don't know about Kings Island but at Cedar Point they close disaster trasport when it rains(and it seems to take the longest to start back up.)

Do any of the indoor rides close in the rain? I have never been on a rainy day (except opening day 2008) and never rode any indoor rides during that period.

I've been down at Disney World when they close all rides if there is a Thunderstorm.

Apparently they don't want anyone standing in line and get struck by lightning.

Same for Coney, except there are no indoor rides.

pilotank

I have been at Carowinds, Kings Island and Cedar Point when has has rained at each park....

Kings Island- the only thing open was Flight of Fear and we rode that over and over....I was in HS....probably back toward when it first open..it was pouring down rain and my school group wound up leaving early because of it.

Cedar Point- raining....Magnum was closed everytime we went to get on it and so we rode Raptor and some other stuff that was under something

Carowinds - ON A RIDE WHEN IT STARTED THUNDERING AND LIGHTNING! Was not scared at all, but we left after it started, we had been there long enough...sorry no help

Actually, at Coney if there is lightning and Thunder in the area, we automatically close all high rides (Wheel, Round Up, Scream Machine, Coaster, Rock O Plane, Super Slide, Pedal Boats and Bumper Boats.) If there is a lot of lightning, or heavy rain in the area, all rides will get shut down. If there is light or steady rain, everything should stay open with the exception of the Wheel and Rock O Plane. Those two rides are driven by cables, and if it is really wet out, the cables will slip in the drive wheel, making it impossible for the ride to properly operate.