Trip report for 5/16!

Steve

Well, before I start, we hit the park at 6:00 JUST as the math-science kids were leaving. I heard they were coming and was scared to death, but seeing the busses loading was satisfying! Anyways, almost everything was station wait or walk-on! We rode SOB front car twice, then invertego (Walk on), then The Vortex, then the Crypt(walk-on), then The Beast at night!, then The Beastie (for memories, walk-on), then closed with sonnie at night!

For the most part I was pleased with Cedar Fair. They seemed(at least while we were there) to have things under control very well and all rides (besides Backlot Stunt Coaster) were running. Paths and bathrooms were clean. I did see alot of puke being cleaned up :( The crew members were very friendly though! I look forward to my first day back on the job tomorrow! SOB and The Beast at night were awesome! However, here are my problems: Even though the lines were small, The Beast, and The Vortex were only running 2 trains :huh: The lines for those two rides went MUCH MUCH slower than expected. Sadly, SOB's line went faster than The Beast's! What the heck? SOB is notorious for being slow and only has 2 trains period.

Why were only two trains being used and thus extending the wait?? My other huge complaint is the Crypt. I came in(walk-on) with high hopes. First, the theming in line was lame. Then when the ride started, we were literally just flipping around in a dark, silent warehouse. No lights, sound effects, mists, were being used. I enjoyed the program more with the quick flips, but with NOTHING to assist the ride, we were very disappointed. Why?? I shouted as the ride was ending, "Bring back the Kenton Cove Keelboats" and my friends laughed and agreed.

So in summary

Positives: Not crowded

Friendly Rides Workers.

Clean park (besides puke)

All rides (besides BLSC) running

Organized staff who seemed to care.

Negatives: 2 Trains for Vortex/Beast??

Food Prices (but we ate before we came)

The Crypt was terrible.

Not a bad trip for 4 hours!! Do you guys have imput/know why they were running trains that way?

Ya I have notice that a couple times this year with them only running 2 trains on Vortex and Beast, must be a Cedar Fair thing, and I agree with you I don't like it. I'm not a real big fan of long lines and I tend to go to the park when I know it's dead just so I can walk on most my favorite rides and then leave. With only 2 trains on Beast and Vortex, both these rides get long lines even on a slow day. I went to Cedar Point this week and it was the same thing. 2 trains on MF! and only 2 on magnum XL-200. Lame, lame, lame. It was somewhat slow that day at Cedar Point but the line for MF was over a hour by noon. Is Cedar Fair not happy unless there guest waist half there day standing in line? If that's the case and I keep seeing this kinda thing this year it could keep me from buying a pass from them next year.

I was at Cedar Point this week and XL-200 started out with running only one train but they loaded the 2nd one on. MF had 2 trains but on Thrusday they had loaded the 3rd one on but it was filled up with water dummies. But in CF defense what is the point in having all the trains on when the trains would be going out half empty.

The problem I have with the train situation is this. By all accounts I`ve heard, the park was fairly swamped during the day. With hour long waits for some attractions. So why were rides like The Vortex and Beast only running two trains? It used to be that unless predicted crowds were light, or the weather forecast was bad, they would ALWAYS run three trains, no matter what. Yesterday I was at the park from 5:30-10. Invertigo, the Crypt, Delirium, and Monster were near walk ons. However, both Vortex and The Beast had about a ten to fifteen minute wait, as a result of their two train operation as opposed to three train op.

when Vortex runs three trains, it doesn't really shorten the wait much because the dispatch intervals aren't fast enough to not have a train wait on the block brake. When Vortex runs two trains, their seems to be only a 25 - 35 second wait for the next train to arrive in the station compared

to when it runs three times.

Edit: Where is my signature and photo?

That is true, the difference between a 2 train operation and a 3 train operation on Vortex isn't really a big deal. The last time I was at the park, Vortex was running 3 trains, and they were stacking every train in the safety breaks. So really what is the point of running all 3 anyway, if they can't get the intervals right?

But Marketing Express, when I was at the park it wasn`t very busy. Most of the school groups had left or were on their way out the door when I arrived. I knew several other people that were at the park earlier in the day and said wait times for the rides were being measured in the hours. Ie, The Beast had close to an hour and a half wait. Why then, were they only running two trains? There was a sufficient amount of people in the park to justify running three trains on The Beast. Now of coarse, there could have been something wrong with the third train. However, that doesn`t seem likely as Vortex and Adventure Express were also only running two trains as opposed to three. The only other three train ride at the park (Backlot Stunt Coaster) was running all three of its trains.

But Marketing Express, when I was at the park it wasn`t very busy. Most of the school groups had left or were on their way out the door when I arrived. I knew several other people that were at the park earlier in the day and said wait times for the rides were being measured in the hours. Ie, The Beast had close to an hour and a half wait. Why then, were they only running two trains? There was a sufficient amount of people in the park to justify running three trains on The Beast. Now of coarse, there could have been something wrong with the third train. However, that doesn`t seem likely as Vortex and Adventure Express were also only running two trains as opposed to three. The only other three train ride at the park (Backlot Stunt Coaster) was running all three of its trains.

thats true, why wouldn't they run all three trains on beast?

On another note, has anyone noticed how long you wait on the safety break for the train to come into the station. Why on earth does the train have to be half-way up the lift before the train can start to roll onto the loading platform

But that 25-35 seconds adds up fast

... Before Interp get's to it.... So do those nickles.

... WooferBear on a Good Nights Sleep

It seems like you had more fun than me. I was there while the park was occupied by masses of students.

Not a lot of middle age and senior citizens attending Math & Science Day? I'm Shocked!

Guest kwindshawne
Well, before I start, we hit the park at 6:00 JUST as the math-science kids were leaving. I heard they were coming and was scared to death, but seeing the busses loading was satisfying! Anyways, almost everything was station wait or walk-on! We rode SOB front car twice, then invertego (Walk on), then The Vortex, then the Crypt(walk-on), then The Beast at night!, then The Beastie (for memories, walk-on), then closed with sonnie at night!

For the most part I was pleased with Cedar Fair. They seemed(at least while we were there) to have things under control very well and all rides (besides Backlot Stunt Coaster) were running. Paths and bathrooms were clean. I did see alot of puke being cleaned up :( The crew members were very friendly though! I look forward to my first day back on the job tomorrow! SOB and The Beast at night were awesome! However, here are my problems: Even though the lines were small, The Beast, and The Vortex were only running 2 trains :huh: The lines for those two rides went MUCH MUCH slower than expected. Sadly, SOB's line went faster than The Beast's! What the heck? SOB is notorious for being slow and only has 2 trains period.

Why were only two trains being used and thus extending the wait?? My other huge complaint is the Crypt. I came in(walk-on) with high hopes. First, the theming in line was lame. Then when the ride started, we were literally just flipping around in a dark, silent warehouse. No lights, sound effects, mists, were being used. I enjoyed the program more with the quick flips, but with NOTHING to assist the ride, we were very disappointed. Why?? I shouted as the ride was ending, "Bring back the Kenton Cove Keelboats" and my friends laughed and agreed.

So in summary

Positives: Not crowded

Friendly Rides Workers.

Clean park (besides puke)

All rides (besides BLSC) running

Organized staff who seemed to care.

Negatives: 2 Trains for Vortex/Beast??

Food Prices (but we ate before we came)

The Crypt was terrible.

Not a bad trip for 4 hours!! Do you guys have imput/know why they were running trains that way?

I haven't worked a friday night since haunt, and my regular job prevents me from working fridays at all. Anyway, the friendliness is mentioned in our morning quick huddles-that seems to be a focus for CF this year, which is a good thing. A lot of times that can turn a grumpy guest around.

I haven't worked a friday night since haunt, and my regular job prevents me from working fridays at all. Anyway, the friendliness is mentioned in our morning quick huddles-that seems to be a focus for CF this year, which is a good thing. A lot of times that can turn a grumpy guest around.

I will say, I can't complain in anyway about the employees of Kings Island. I haven't ran across anything negative with any worker this year so far. All with smiles and kindness, now I never worked in a amusement park but I have had jobs that deal with the public, to keep a smile takes work.

Guest kwindshawne

I will say, I can't complain in anyway about the employees of Kings Island. I haven't ran across anything negative with any worker this year so far. All with smiles and kindness, now I never worked in a amusement park but I have had jobs that deal with the public, to keep a smile takes work.

Yes it does!!! Especially when there is always that one that decides to unload their frustration on you in the form of language. Oh, well.